Michael Cremo on The Lou Gentile Show - Fri. 1/31/2003

  • Aerielle Louise
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 30, 2003
      From Aerielle Louise
      THE LOU GENTILE SHOW
      http://www.lougentile.com/

      THE LOU GENTILE SHOW
      NOW ALSO ON 7.490 MHZ & 13.595 MHZ SHORTWAVE !
      11 PM TO 1 AM EASTERN TIME USA

      Join us Fri. evening - January 31, 2003
      for an interesting, informative
      discussion with: MICHAEL CREMO
      Archeologist, Researcher & Author of
      "Forbidden Archeology"

      http://www.mcremo.com/

      Starting at 10 PM EST on the internet and
      your local AM & FM stations.

      THE LOU GENTILE SHOW
      10 PM to 1 AM Eastern Time US
      http://www.lougentile.com/index2.html
      Audio links on website

      FREE Call In during the show"
      1-800-594-9270

      FREE Archives available:
      http://www.lougentile.com/streamingarchives.html

      Check out our Guest Calendar:
      http://www.lougentile.com/calendar.html

      Use the Time Zone Converter to
      co-ordinate times:
      http://www.timezoneconverter.com/cgi-bin/tzc.tzc

      MEET MICHAEL CREMO

      Forbidden Archeology

      http://www.mcremo.com/

      Introducing Michael Cremo

      Michael Cremo is on the cutting edge of science
      and culture issues. In the course of a few
      month's time he might be found on pilgrimage to
      sacred sites in India, appearing on a national
      television show, lecturing at a mainstream science
      conference, or speaking to an alternative science
      gathering. As he crosses disciplinary and
      cultural boundaries, he presents to his various
      audiences a compelling case for negotiating a new
      consensus on the nature of reality.

      Michael Cremo is a member of the History of
      Science Society, the World Archeological Congress,
      the Philosophy of Science Association, the
      European Association of Archaeologists and
      associate member of the Bhaktivedanta Institute
      specializing in history and philosophy of science.

      Pictures Lectures Media Writing
      Philosophy Academic Website

      Biodata for Michael A. Cremo

      "The soul that I am entered its present body at
      the moment I was conceived in the fall of 1947. I
      appeared from my mother's womb on July 15, 1948,
      in Schenectady, New York. That birth was probably
      one of millions I have experienced since I left my
      real home in the spiritual world. My mother tells
      me that when I was an infant, she would give me
      alphabet soup, and sometimes I would not eat it,
      but would just spell out words in the bowl. From
      that, I take it that I must have practiced writing
      in many previous existences. In this life, I
      recall always having wanted to be a writer.

      "From the very beginning, my life has been a
      spiritual quest for love and truth. My father
      served as an American Intelligence Officer for the
      United States Air Force, and from that time my
      life was one of periodic change and travel. I
      went to high school at an American school in
      Germany and spent my vacations traveling all over
      Europe. Once, in the spring of 1965, in a youth
      hostel in Stockholm, I met some kids who had been
      to India and back, traveling overland. I decided
      I would someday do the same thing. I also became
      deeply interested in Eastern philosophy,
      particularly Indian esoteric teachings. I kept
      travel diaries, wrote poetry, and tried my hand at
      autobiographical short fiction.

      "During my last year of high school in St.
      Petersburg, Florida, I took a creative writing
      course. The next year I entered George Washington
      University. Over the next two years, I became
      immersed in the counterculture and gradually gave
      up my plans to enter government service. I
      continued my investigations into Eastern
      philosophy and esoteric spiritual teachings.

      "In 1968 I left college and went to Europe on a
      voyage of self-discovery. I took a boat from
      Haifa to Istanbul, where the pull toward the East
      was so strong that I found myself heading overland
      to India. I got as far as Tehran, lost my nerve,
      and turned back.

      "After carefully studying the Bhagavad-gita, a
      gift of some Hare Krishna people at a Grateful
      Dead concert, I decided that I should absorb
      myself in the yoga of devotion to the mysterious
      Lord Krishna. Later I moved to Los Angeles to
      join the staff of the International Society for
      Krishna Consciousness, and to write for the
      Bhaktivedanta Book Trust (BBT). By 1980 I was
      regarded as an accomplished writer. To date, the
      books written and edited by myself and other BBT
      staff have sold more than ten million copies and
      have been translated into many languages.

      "With Dr. Richard L. Thompson, a founding member
      of the Bhaktivedanta Institute, I began a series
      of books aimed at both scholarly and popular
      audiences. The first to be published was
      Forbidden Archeology: The Hidden History of the
      Human Race. This book shows that archaeologists
      and anthropologists, over the past one hundred and
      fifty years, have accumulated vast amounts of
      evidence showing that humans like ourselves have
      existed on this planet for tens of millions of
      years. We show how this evidence has been
      suppressed, ignored, and forgotten because it
      contradicts generally-held ideas about human
      evolution."

      "In lecture presentations on Forbidden Archeology
      to scientific and lay audiences around the world I
      see a new consciousness emerging that integrates
      science and religion into a cohesive paradigm of
      reality."

      Michael is currently writing a sequel to Forbidden
      Archeology entitled Human Devolution.