Re: pyramid news?

  • Randy Hiatt
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 5, 2002
      Tianca

      Are you reffering to the air shaft "door"?... or the vacant space
      within the walls (Queens Chaimber?)...?

      I saw a website with the latest news on the shafts. They said the
      robot could see through the rock (but didn't show pics). I wonder why
      not?
      http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2002/09/0923_020923_egypt.html

      I saw a recient tv show with Hawass, as usual it looked good but
      delivered nothing.... show us the evidence!

      I believe this device predates the eqyptians claim to it... this is why
      new discovery scares them.

      Randy

      --- In ufonet@y..., "Jane S. Derry" <derryj@g...> wrote:

      > Well, the show with Zahi Hawass this last weekend
      > showed them drilling a hole, and putting the camera into the hole (as well
      > as a whole bunch of extraneous stuff that is old news) and it looks like
      > there is another door behind that one, or a wall. So... we are at a
      > standoff. He made a bunch of guesses about this, but wasn't accurate on
      > even one of those. You know Zahi, he thinks he knows everything, and he
      > knows nothing.
      > It was an interesting show, but they 'showed'
      > nothing new.
      > Tianca
      >

      > At 12:36 AM 12/4/2002 +0000, you wrote:
      > >I'm hoping to collect current info on the great pyramid.
      > >
      > >What's the follow up to the (excuse my memory) story of a multi-
      > >national team (French...?) who had equiptment that discovered a cavity
      > >beyond the Kings Chamber, drilled a small hole for a camera but
      > >discovered it was full of sand, had to remove it before proceeding
      > >etc...something about permissions fell through.
      > >
      > >I also am drawn to the possibility this pyramid is more mechanical (in
      > >a energy system sorta way) then is generally believed. With the
      > >finding of the shaft "plugs" and copper "wiring" reciently I have
      > >renewed excitiment in what's behind those doors (not so much what they
      > >will find but what they will eliminate). This is big news, and I bet
      > >it's pretty chilling to those who think they already understand this
      > >artifact. We still have much to learn.
      > >
      > >Randy Hiatt
      > >

      > >UFOnet is an international news and discussion list dedicated to:
      > >UFOs, UAP, Anomalous Phenomena in general and the Paranormal.
      > >
      > >To subscribe, send a blank e-mail message to:
      > >ufonet-subscribe@y...
      > >To unsubscribe, send a blank e-mail message to:
      > >
      > >Website (Dutch only): http://www.ufonet.nl/
      > >Messages to the list-owner: ufonet-admin@d...
      > >
      > >Caution, many reports of unidentified phenomena posted to this list
      > >require further investigation.

      terms/
    • Jane S. Derry
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 5, 2002
        Yes, that was the one I was referring to. I don't know
        why they had to hire Lerhner (sp?) to do this, when Upuat was doing just
        fine. You know? That was fishy as hell. They got that team out of there,
        and started making their own team, so they could control what news got
        out. That is fairly obvious.
        Then they don't announce what they saw. Another
        door? I don't think so. Didn't they plan ahead so that they could pan the
        camera around to see what was in there? All they showed on TV was pointing
        straight ahead.
        Then they said that they would have to figure a way to
        get through the other door? I doubt that. They are just keeping people
        hanging.
        I don't trust Hawass as far as I could throw him.
        Tianca

        At 12:33 AM 12/6/2002 +0000, you wrote:
        >Tianca
        >
        >Are you reffering to the air shaft "door"?... or the vacant space
        >within the walls (Queens Chaimber?)...?
        >
        >I saw a website with the latest news on the shafts. They said the
        >robot could see through the rock (but didn't show pics). I wonder why
        >not?
        >http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2002/09/0923_020923_egypt.html
        >
        >I saw a recient tv show with Hawass, as usual it looked good but
        >delivered nothing.... show us the evidence!
        >
        >I believe this device predates the eqyptians claim to it... this is why
        >new discovery scares them.
        >
        >Randy
      • Jane S. Derry
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 5, 2002
          Update: Third "Door" Found in Great Pyramid

          National Geographic News
          September 23, 2002

          View a movie of the newest pyramid shaft discovery >>

          Scientists exploring the Great Pyramid in Egypt sent a robot into the
          northern shaft in the past few days, discovering another blocking stone.
          The "door" appears to be identical to the one in the southern shaft that
          was already known. The doors are equidistant (65 meters/208 feet) from the
          queen's chamber. It is the third such block discovered within the shafts of
          the pyramid.

          The announcement of the discovery was made Monday by Farouk Hosni, Egypt's
          minister of culture, and Zahi Hawass, secretary general of Egypt's Supreme
          Council of Antiquities and a National Geographic explorer-in-residence.

          A specially developed combination of robotics, camera, and lighting
          technology developed by iRobot of Boston, yielded the new information.
          Until this discovery, no one knew that the northern shaft extended to the
          north as far as the southern shaft goes to the south.

          Prior explorations of the northern shaft have failed because, unlike the
          southern shaft, the northern shaft has a number of bends and sharp corners.
          Hawass suggested that the layout of the northern shaft may have been
          designed to avoid intersection with the pyramid's grand gallery.

          [Egypt stones]

          The top image shows a new door in the Great Pyramid in Egypt, discovered
          just last week. The lower image shows the previously-discovered door.

          Photograph copyright National Geographic Television and Film

          Click here to download RealPlayer.

          More News
          Adventure & Exploration

          Archaeology & Paleontology

          Animals & Nature

          Science & Technology

          People & Culture

          Diary of the Planet

          The Environment

          Travel

          National Geographic Today

          Special Series
          Digital Lifestyles:
          feature by Sony

          EarthPulse

          National Geographic Out There

          Volvo Ocean Race

          Mount Everest Expedition

          "This find in the northern shaft, coupled with last week's discovery of a
          second 'door' behind the blocking stone in the southern shaft, represents
          the first major new information about the Great Pyramid in more than a
          century. We will now carefully study the data and plan out further
          investigation of the two shafts in order to accurately map and interpret
          the find," Hawass said.

          The newly discovered northern shaft door appears to be very similar to the
          one in the southern shaft, including the presence of a pair of copper
          "pins" or "handles." The southern shaft "door" was discovered in a 1993
          investigation conducted under the auspices of the German Archaeological
          Institute.

          On September 17, 2002, a National Geographic robot, specially designed to
          traverse the southern shaft to the blocking stone, inserted a miniature
          fiber-optic camera into a three-quarters-of-an-inch hole to reveal the
          rough-hewn blocking stone lying seven inches beyond the original southern
          shaft door. That earlier portion of the expedition was broadcast live in an
          international television event carried on National Geographic Channel and
          on Fox in the U.S.

          "The mystery of the Great Pyramid becomes all the more compelling with each
          new discovery coming from the queen's chamber and the Supreme Council of
          Antiquities/National Geographic expedition," Terry Garcia, executive vice
          president of mission programs at the National Geographic Society said.
          "This continuation of our century-long involvement in archaeological
          breakthroughs in Egypt is an exciting extension of the National Geographic
          mission."

          Portions of the northern shaft have been previously explored. In 1872
          Waynman Dixon found a small bronze hook and granite ball. In the 1920s a
          pyramid enthusiast, Morton Edgar, attempted to learn more about the queen's
          chamber shafts by using flexible metal rods. In the southern shaft he was
          stopped, presumably by the blocking door. In the northern shaft, which
          appears to bend and curve around the grand gallery, Edgar's flexible rods
          broke and remain there to this day. The SCA/NG robot "rover" had to
          navigate around the metal rods to reach the end of the northern shaft.

          In the course of the German Archaeological Institute's 1993 investigation,
          Rudolf Gantenbrink's robot traversed part of the shaft but only succeeded
          in covering 19 meters (63.3 feet).
        • Jane S. Derry
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 5, 2002
            At 12:33 AM 12/6/2002 +0000, you wrote:
            >I believe this device predates the eqyptians claim to it... this is why
            >new discovery scares them.
            >
            >Randy
            Yeah. Hawass, on TV, today, said that whatever he
            was talking about proves that the silly people who believe in a previous
            civilization building the pyramids have been proven wrong! And you know he
            means Atlantis. He doesn't even want to say the word on TV!!!! Because he
            knows that they are responsible and refuses to admit it.
            What I told him was that the fact that Atlantis built
            them doesn't take away from the Egyptians in the least. Because the
            Egyptians just didn't exist when they were built! They were in cave man
            stages then. Weren't even called Egypt!
            Anyhow, yeah, the man feels threatened. With such
            ignorance, how did he get to be in charge of such treaures?
            Tianca
          • Randy Hiatt
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 6, 2002
              I would have loved to hear/see that conversation. How did he take it?

              Randy

              --- In ufonet@y..., "Jane S. Derry" <derryj@g...> wrote:
              > At 12:33 AM 12/6/2002 +0000, you wrote:
              > >I believe this device predates the eqyptians claim to it... this is why
              > >new discovery scares them.
              > >
              > >Randy
              > Yeah. Hawass, on TV, today, said that whatever he
              > was talking about proves that the silly people who believe in a previous
              > civilization building the pyramids have been proven wrong! And you know he
              > means Atlantis. He doesn't even want to say the word on TV!!!! Because he
              > knows that they are responsible and refuses to admit it.
              > What I told him was that the fact that Atlantis built
              > them doesn't take away from the Egyptians in the least. Because the
              > Egyptians just didn't exist when they were built! They were in cave man
              > stages then. Weren't even called Egypt!
              > Anyhow, yeah, the man feels threatened. With such
              > ignorance, how did he get to be in charge of such treaures?
              > Tianca
            • Jane S. Derry
              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 7, 2002
                At 05:31 PM 12/6/2002 +0000, you wrote:
                >I would have loved to hear/see that conversation. How did he take it?
                >
                >Randy

                Well, he didn't take it well. I informed him also
                that those who put the Hall of Records there, under the Sphinx, were the
                ONLY ones who could access it now, and he was not happy with that. He
                totally blew his stack. LOL!! Anyhow, the ones that put the records in
                there are the only ones who can access it, those specific people, there
                were three. Because they were sealed to their vibration. Anyone else
                can't get in there, because they would have to go into a higher
                dimension. It isn't locked in a rock room, where if you break down the
                walls you can get in. They are in a higher dimension, and he got totally
                pissed when I told him that. LOL!!
                He must have thought that just anyone could access
                it, but he is wrong. And it has been proven so. He tried, and there are
                things to protect the area from tampering, that kill people who aren't
                supposed to be there. And some of his workers got killed. There was a
                flash of blue light, and all the workers that were left ran for their
                lives! But naturally, Hawass doesn't talk about that.
                He can't get to it, and that pisses him off. But
                that is just too bad. The Atlanteans KNEW that the sons of belial would
                try to get in there, so they took many precautions. THEY were the ones
                that caused Atlantis to sink the last time, because of their GREED. Looks
                like Hawass hasn't changed much since that life. He is still GREEDY!
                I remember him well.
                Tianca