pyramid news?

  • Randy Hiatt
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 3, 2002
      I'm hoping to collect current info on the great pyramid.

      What's the follow up to the (excuse my memory) story of a multi-
      national team (French...?) who had equiptment that discovered a cavity
      beyond the Kings Chamber, drilled a small hole for a camera but
      discovered it was full of sand, had to remove it before proceeding
      etc...something about permissions fell through.

      I also am drawn to the possibility this pyramid is more mechanical (in
      a energy system sorta way) then is generally believed. With the
      finding of the shaft "plugs" and copper "wiring" reciently I have
      renewed excitiment in what's behind those doors (not so much what they
      will find but what they will eliminate). This is big news, and I bet
      it's pretty chilling to those who think they already understand this
      artifact. We still have much to learn.

      Randy Hiatt
    • Jane S. Derry
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 4, 2002
        Well, the show with Zahi Hawass this last weekend
        showed them drilling a hole, and putting the camera into the hole (as well
        as a whole bunch of extraneous stuff that is old news) and it looks like
        there is another door behind that one, or a wall. So... we are at a
        standoff. He made a bunch of guesses about this, but wasn't accurate on
        even one of those. You know Zahi, he thinks he knows everything, and he
        knows nothing.
        It was an interesting show, but they 'showed'
        nothing new.
        Tianca

        At 12:36 AM 12/4/2002 +0000, you wrote:
        >I'm hoping to collect current info on the great pyramid.
        >
        >What's the follow up to the (excuse my memory) story of a multi-
        >national team (French...?) who had equiptment that discovered a cavity
        >beyond the Kings Chamber, drilled a small hole for a camera but
        >discovered it was full of sand, had to remove it before proceeding
        >etc...something about permissions fell through.
        >
        >I also am drawn to the possibility this pyramid is more mechanical (in
        >a energy system sorta way) then is generally believed. With the
        >finding of the shaft "plugs" and copper "wiring" reciently I have
        >renewed excitiment in what's behind those doors (not so much what they
        >will find but what they will eliminate). This is big news, and I bet
        >it's pretty chilling to those who think they already understand this
        >artifact. We still have much to learn.
        >
        >Randy Hiatt
        >

        >UFOnet is an international news and discussion list dedicated to:
        >UFOs, UAP, Anomalous Phenomena in general and the Paranormal.
        >
        >To subscribe, send a blank e-mail message to:
        >ufonet-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
        >To unsubscribe, send a blank e-mail message to:
        >
        >Website (Dutch only): http://www.ufonet.nl/
        >Messages to the list-owner: ufonet-admin@...
        >
        >Caution, many reports of unidentified phenomena posted to this list
        >require further investigation.

      • Randy Hiatt
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 5, 2002
          Tianca

          Are you reffering to the air shaft "door"?... or the vacant space
          within the walls (Queens Chaimber?)...?

          I saw a website with the latest news on the shafts. They said the
          robot could see through the rock (but didn't show pics). I wonder why
          not?
          http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2002/09/0923_020923_egypt.html

          I saw a recient tv show with Hawass, as usual it looked good but
          delivered nothing.... show us the evidence!

          I believe this device predates the eqyptians claim to it... this is why
          new discovery scares them.

          Randy

          --- In ufonet@y..., "Jane S. Derry" <derryj@g...> wrote:

          > Well, the show with Zahi Hawass this last weekend
          > showed them drilling a hole, and putting the camera into the hole (as well
          > as a whole bunch of extraneous stuff that is old news) and it looks like
          > there is another door behind that one, or a wall. So... we are at a
          > standoff. He made a bunch of guesses about this, but wasn't accurate on
          > even one of those. You know Zahi, he thinks he knows everything, and he
          > knows nothing.
          > It was an interesting show, but they 'showed'
          > nothing new.
          > Tianca
          >

          > At 12:36 AM 12/4/2002 +0000, you wrote:
          > >I'm hoping to collect current info on the great pyramid.
          > >
          > >What's the follow up to the (excuse my memory) story of a multi-
          > >national team (French...?) who had equiptment that discovered a cavity
          > >beyond the Kings Chamber, drilled a small hole for a camera but
          > >discovered it was full of sand, had to remove it before proceeding
          > >etc...something about permissions fell through.
          > >
          > >I also am drawn to the possibility this pyramid is more mechanical (in
          > >a energy system sorta way) then is generally believed. With the
          > >finding of the shaft "plugs" and copper "wiring" reciently I have
          > >renewed excitiment in what's behind those doors (not so much what they
          > >will find but what they will eliminate). This is big news, and I bet
          > >it's pretty chilling to those who think they already understand this
          > >artifact. We still have much to learn.
          > >
          > >Randy Hiatt
          > >

          > >UFOnet is an international news and discussion list dedicated to:
          > >UFOs, UAP, Anomalous Phenomena in general and the Paranormal.
          > >
          > >To subscribe, send a blank e-mail message to:
          > >ufonet-subscribe@y...
          > >To unsubscribe, send a blank e-mail message to:
          > >
          > >Website (Dutch only): http://www.ufonet.nl/
          > >Messages to the list-owner: ufonet-admin@d...
          > >
          > >Caution, many reports of unidentified phenomena posted to this list
          > >require further investigation.

          terms/
        • Jane S. Derry
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 5, 2002
            Yes, that was the one I was referring to. I don't know
            why they had to hire Lerhner (sp?) to do this, when Upuat was doing just
            fine. You know? That was fishy as hell. They got that team out of there,
            and started making their own team, so they could control what news got
            out. That is fairly obvious.
            Then they don't announce what they saw. Another
            door? I don't think so. Didn't they plan ahead so that they could pan the
            camera around to see what was in there? All they showed on TV was pointing
            straight ahead.
            Then they said that they would have to figure a way to
            get through the other door? I doubt that. They are just keeping people
            hanging.
            I don't trust Hawass as far as I could throw him.
            Tianca

            At 12:33 AM 12/6/2002 +0000, you wrote:
            >Tianca
            >
            >Are you reffering to the air shaft "door"?... or the vacant space
            >within the walls (Queens Chaimber?)...?
            >
            >I saw a website with the latest news on the shafts. They said the
            >robot could see through the rock (but didn't show pics). I wonder why
            >not?
            >http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2002/09/0923_020923_egypt.html
            >
            >I saw a recient tv show with Hawass, as usual it looked good but
            >delivered nothing.... show us the evidence!
            >
            >I believe this device predates the eqyptians claim to it... this is why
            >new discovery scares them.
            >
            >Randy
          • Jane S. Derry
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 5, 2002
              Update: Third "Door" Found in Great Pyramid

              National Geographic News
              September 23, 2002

              View a movie of the newest pyramid shaft discovery >>

              Scientists exploring the Great Pyramid in Egypt sent a robot into the
              northern shaft in the past few days, discovering another blocking stone.
              The "door" appears to be identical to the one in the southern shaft that
              was already known. The doors are equidistant (65 meters/208 feet) from the
              queen's chamber. It is the third such block discovered within the shafts of
              the pyramid.

              The announcement of the discovery was made Monday by Farouk Hosni, Egypt's
              minister of culture, and Zahi Hawass, secretary general of Egypt's Supreme
              Council of Antiquities and a National Geographic explorer-in-residence.

              A specially developed combination of robotics, camera, and lighting
              technology developed by iRobot of Boston, yielded the new information.
              Until this discovery, no one knew that the northern shaft extended to the
              north as far as the southern shaft goes to the south.

              Prior explorations of the northern shaft have failed because, unlike the
              southern shaft, the northern shaft has a number of bends and sharp corners.
              Hawass suggested that the layout of the northern shaft may have been
              designed to avoid intersection with the pyramid's grand gallery.

              [Egypt stones]

              The top image shows a new door in the Great Pyramid in Egypt, discovered
              just last week. The lower image shows the previously-discovered door.

              Photograph copyright National Geographic Television and Film

              Click here to download RealPlayer.

              More News
              Adventure & Exploration

              Archaeology & Paleontology

              Animals & Nature

              Science & Technology

              People & Culture

              Diary of the Planet

              The Environment

              Travel

              National Geographic Today

              Special Series
              Digital Lifestyles:
              feature by Sony

              EarthPulse

              National Geographic Out There

              Volvo Ocean Race

              Mount Everest Expedition

              "This find in the northern shaft, coupled with last week's discovery of a
              second 'door' behind the blocking stone in the southern shaft, represents
              the first major new information about the Great Pyramid in more than a
              century. We will now carefully study the data and plan out further
              investigation of the two shafts in order to accurately map and interpret
              the find," Hawass said.

              The newly discovered northern shaft door appears to be very similar to the
              one in the southern shaft, including the presence of a pair of copper
              "pins" or "handles." The southern shaft "door" was discovered in a 1993
              investigation conducted under the auspices of the German Archaeological
              Institute.

              On September 17, 2002, a National Geographic robot, specially designed to
              traverse the southern shaft to the blocking stone, inserted a miniature
              fiber-optic camera into a three-quarters-of-an-inch hole to reveal the
              rough-hewn blocking stone lying seven inches beyond the original southern
              shaft door. That earlier portion of the expedition was broadcast live in an
              international television event carried on National Geographic Channel and
              on Fox in the U.S.

              "The mystery of the Great Pyramid becomes all the more compelling with each
              new discovery coming from the queen's chamber and the Supreme Council of
              Antiquities/National Geographic expedition," Terry Garcia, executive vice
              president of mission programs at the National Geographic Society said.
              "This continuation of our century-long involvement in archaeological
              breakthroughs in Egypt is an exciting extension of the National Geographic
              mission."

              Portions of the northern shaft have been previously explored. In 1872
              Waynman Dixon found a small bronze hook and granite ball. In the 1920s a
              pyramid enthusiast, Morton Edgar, attempted to learn more about the queen's
              chamber shafts by using flexible metal rods. In the southern shaft he was
              stopped, presumably by the blocking door. In the northern shaft, which
              appears to bend and curve around the grand gallery, Edgar's flexible rods
              broke and remain there to this day. The SCA/NG robot "rover" had to
              navigate around the metal rods to reach the end of the northern shaft.

              In the course of the German Archaeological Institute's 1993 investigation,
              Rudolf Gantenbrink's robot traversed part of the shaft but only succeeded
              in covering 19 meters (63.3 feet).
            • Jane S. Derry
              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 5, 2002
                At 12:33 AM 12/6/2002 +0000, you wrote:
                >I believe this device predates the eqyptians claim to it... this is why
                >new discovery scares them.
                >
                >Randy
                Yeah. Hawass, on TV, today, said that whatever he
                was talking about proves that the silly people who believe in a previous
                civilization building the pyramids have been proven wrong! And you know he
                means Atlantis. He doesn't even want to say the word on TV!!!! Because he
                knows that they are responsible and refuses to admit it.
                What I told him was that the fact that Atlantis built
                them doesn't take away from the Egyptians in the least. Because the
                Egyptians just didn't exist when they were built! They were in cave man
                stages then. Weren't even called Egypt!
                Anyhow, yeah, the man feels threatened. With such
                ignorance, how did he get to be in charge of such treaures?
                Tianca
              • Randy Hiatt
                Message 7 of 8 , Dec 6, 2002
                  I would have loved to hear/see that conversation. How did he take it?

                  Randy

                  --- In ufonet@y..., "Jane S. Derry" <derryj@g...> wrote:
                  > At 12:33 AM 12/6/2002 +0000, you wrote:
                  > >I believe this device predates the eqyptians claim to it... this is why
                  > >new discovery scares them.
                  > >
                  > >Randy
                  > Yeah. Hawass, on TV, today, said that whatever he
                  > was talking about proves that the silly people who believe in a previous
                  > civilization building the pyramids have been proven wrong! And you know he
                  > means Atlantis. He doesn't even want to say the word on TV!!!! Because he
                  > knows that they are responsible and refuses to admit it.
                  > What I told him was that the fact that Atlantis built
                  > them doesn't take away from the Egyptians in the least. Because the
                  > Egyptians just didn't exist when they were built! They were in cave man
                  > stages then. Weren't even called Egypt!
                  > Anyhow, yeah, the man feels threatened. With such
                  > ignorance, how did he get to be in charge of such treaures?
                  > Tianca
                • Jane S. Derry
                  Message 8 of 8 , Dec 7, 2002
                    At 05:31 PM 12/6/2002 +0000, you wrote:
                    >I would have loved to hear/see that conversation. How did he take it?
                    >
                    >Randy

                    Well, he didn't take it well. I informed him also
                    that those who put the Hall of Records there, under the Sphinx, were the
                    ONLY ones who could access it now, and he was not happy with that. He
                    totally blew his stack. LOL!! Anyhow, the ones that put the records in
                    there are the only ones who can access it, those specific people, there
                    were three. Because they were sealed to their vibration. Anyone else
                    can't get in there, because they would have to go into a higher
                    dimension. It isn't locked in a rock room, where if you break down the
                    walls you can get in. They are in a higher dimension, and he got totally
                    pissed when I told him that. LOL!!
                    He must have thought that just anyone could access
                    it, but he is wrong. And it has been proven so. He tried, and there are
                    things to protect the area from tampering, that kill people who aren't
                    supposed to be there. And some of his workers got killed. There was a
                    flash of blue light, and all the workers that were left ran for their
                    lives! But naturally, Hawass doesn't talk about that.
                    He can't get to it, and that pisses him off. But
                    that is just too bad. The Atlanteans KNEW that the sons of belial would
                    try to get in there, so they took many precautions. THEY were the ones
                    that caused Atlantis to sink the last time, because of their GREED. Looks
                    like Hawass hasn't changed much since that life. He is still GREEDY!
                    I remember him well.
                    Tianca