FBI Grabs Fox UFO Video!

  • Time02112
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 2, 2002
      From: Rense.com
      http://www.rense.com/general31/nyalb.htm

      Preliminary NUFORC statement regarding the footage captured by FOX 23
      television in Albany, NY, on Sunday, October 20, 2002.

      By Peter Davenport
      Director, National UFO Reporting Center
      10-22-2

      Video Clip (approx. 2.9 megs, cross-platform Quicktime)
      you may need to add .mov to the end of the file name to play the clip
      http://www.rense.com/1.imagesD/clip1DD

      Albany, NY Fox TV UFO Case

      At 07:30 hrs. (Pacific) on Monday morning, October 21, 2002, the
      National UFO Reporting Center received a telephone call from a
      television news reporter, Mr. Dan Bazile, with FOX 23 news (a Clear
      Channel Communication-owned station), who apprised us that one of
      their photographers had inadvertently captured brief footage of a
      very bizarre object streaking across the sky near Albany, NY. He
      described that one of their photographers had been out on Sunday
      afternoon, October 20th, photographing aircraft at a nearby airport,
      and that the peculiar object had been detected in the news studio
      when the footage was being examined at slow speed.

      From that first telephone conversation, NUFORC was not left with a
      clear understanding of the nature of the object and its appearance,
      but Mr. Bazile offered to forward to NUFORC still images from the
      tape. NUFORC offered to help identify the object, if possible, and to
      put the station in touch with photo analysts, who might be able to
      assist in further analysis.

      In a second conversation with Mr. Bazile on Tuesday morning, October
      22, he apprised NUFORC that the original video tape of the object had
      been forcibly "confiscated" from the "young photographer" by "four
      FBI agents," from the Albany, NY, FBI offices, a statement which now
      is in question. (Please see paragraphs below.) Mr. Bazile went on to
      describe how the agents had invited the photographer outside the
      station, and that the agents had then "taken" the "original" tape
      from the photographer, who had it on his person at the time of the
      meeting with the FBI personnel. When NUFORC suggested that such an
      act, in the absence of a court warrant, might be illegal, Mr. Bazile
      averred that he agreed with that assessment. However, he stated that
      the station still had in its possession several copies of the
      original tape.

      When NUFORC asked Mr. Bazile whether FOX 23 was planning to do a news
      report on the incident with the FBI, he responded that the station
      was "considering" that possibility, but such a decision was out of
      his hands. He then stated that in order to answer that question, he
      would like first to speak with his "supervisor" about the matter, and
      that he would call back "in a few minutes."

      After approximately 45 minutes had elapsed, NUFORC telephoned FOX 23
      and requested to be put in touch with Mr. Bazile. After a short
      period of time, he came on the line, but after only a very short
      conversation he said he would like to put his supervisor, Mr. Dave
      Brown, Station News Director for FOX 23, on the line.

      During our 7-minute conversation with Mr. Brown, he stated that a
      copy of the tape had been provided to the personnel from the FBI by
      his station voluntarily, because his station "willingly co-operated
      with members of law enforcement." He added that he personally had
      provided the video to the FBI, that it had not been "taken" by them,
      as had been suggested by Mr. Bazile. Mr. Brown stated that he had
      arrived at work on Sunday evening "at about 8 or 9 o'clock," and that
      FBI personnel had been photographed in the station while they watched
      the tape, and that that footage had been aired by the station on
      Sunday night as a news report. Mr. Brown implied that this fact
      illustrated that there had been no "mystery" surrounding the FBI's
      interest in the footage, and that, in his opinion, no impropriety
      surrounded the transfer of the tape to the FBI personnel.

      Mr. Brown also added that he did not know whether the original tape
      had been provided to the FBI, or whether they had received a copy.
      However, he said that with digital tape, it really did not matter,
      since very little fidelity was lost in a copied tape.

      When asked how many representatives from the FBI had been present at
      the station on Sunday night, he said that he did not know, but there
      were at least two representatives from that office present. He said
      there might have been more, but he could not be certain, since "there
      were so many people present in the station that night."

      Mr. Brown closed the conversation with the statement that FOX 23
      would not be devoting any more news coverage to the footage,
      suggesting that the story was now old news, and that, in his opinion,
      it did not warrant any further attention by his station.

      Following our conversation with Mr. Brown, NUFORC contacted the FBI
      offices in Albany [(518) 465-7551]. We spoke with Lisa Massaroni, a
      public affairs spokeswoman, who apprised us that to the best of her
      knowledge, the FBI office did have a copy of the tape, that their
      personnel were planning to analyze it, but that she did not know the
      status of the investigation. She directed us to her supervisor for
      any further questions, and added that he would be out of his office
      until October 24th.

      NUFORC also was contacted by a gentleman from Birmingham, AL, Mr.
      Brian Huff, a forensic video analyst, who had captured the video from
      the FOX 23 website, and who has analyzed the tape. We provide
      elements of his video analysis with this statement. Mr. Huff has
      stated to NUFORC that, based on his analysis of the footage, the
      object is genuine, and that it is not a superimposed image. He also
      stated that the object is on the other side of the clouds, which
      provides some perspective as to the size of the object, and its
      velocity, which Mr. Huff concludes is considerable. We extend our
      gratitude to Mr. Huff for sharing his analysis with NUFORC and Jeff
      Rense.

      Prepared by Peter B. Davenport, Director, National UFO Reporting
      Center on
      October 22, 2002.

      Peter B. Davenport, Director
      National UFO Reporting Center
      P. O. Box 45623 University Station
      Seattle, WA 98145
      director@... www.UFOCENTER.com
      Reporting Hotline: (206) 722-3000

      Please Note:
      Forensic Video Analyst Certifies Object Is Genuine
    • Jerry Shifman
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 3, 2002
        Regarding the footage captured by FOX 23 television in Albany, NY, on
        Sunday, October 20, 2002.

        I don't think anyone else has provided the following information about the
        identification of this object.

        The object the photographer inadvertently got on tape is a "rod." The video
        "Rods: Smoking Gun Evidence" by UFO Central Video, 1-800-350-4639, (Tape
        #U215) provides many shots similar to the one on this Fox video, and
        discusses the phenomenon at length.

        The name came about because one of the first people to get good shots of
        them was a microbiologist -- they reminded her of rod-like microbes. We
        have few choices here. Fraud? No, this is a real video of SOMETHING, taken
        by an honest photographer. But what is it? In my video there are many
        shots of these things flying around. They do not behave like a missile or
        other mechanical device.

        At this point we must choose between two very uncomfortable options. Either
        this thing is a very strange, very fast life form that has heretofore been
        overlooked, or it is some odd hardware/software artifact of the video
        camera. Of course, I lean toward the latter explanation. BUT, this is just
        a supposition on my part, because the former possibility is simply too
        bizarre to contemplate. I have no idea how spurious images of this sort
        could be formed. To my knowledge, nobody has a convincing explanation. I'm
        thinking maybe an insect buzzed by close to the camera, and due to some
        processing quirk it shows up as an elongated shape with wings near the front
        and back. I really don't know, but it's weird as hell!

        Jerry
      • visions
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 3, 2002
          Hi Jerry
          Here's the website that convinced me the Rods are the latter of your two options.....unfortunately!
          http://www.opendb.com/sol/seq.htm
          Cheers
          Dave

          ufonet-subscribe@yahoogroups.com