Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Fwd = Strange lights in the Gulf Coast sky - An Abductee's Story

Expand Messages
  • Frits Westra
    Forwarded by: fwestra@hetnet.nl (Frits Westra) URL: http://www.clarionledger.com/news/0210/30/o01.html Original Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2002
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2002
    • 0 Attachment
      Forwarded by: fwestra@... (Frits Westra)
      URL: http://www.clarionledger.com/news/0210/30/o01.html
      Original Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2002 12:21:49 +0100 (CET)

      ========================== Forwarded message begins ======================

      The Clarion-Ledger: Mississippi's News Source

      October 30, 2002

      Strange lights in the Gulf Coast sky

      An Abductee's Story

      By Billy Watkins

      [inline photo]

      Charles Hickson of Gautier holds a drawing that was done for his
      appearance on The Dick Cavett Show in New York. Hickson and then
      19-year-old Calvin Parker say they were abducted and examined by a UFO
      while fishing on the Gulf Coast in 1973.

      [inline photo]

      Charles Hickson, a lifelong Mississippian, has claimed for 29 years
      that robots took him and a friend onboard a UFO for a physical
      examination. Hickson says his eyes were the only thing he could move.

      GAUTIER -- Charles Hickson has no proof.

      No photograph he can pull from his wallet, no papers certifying his

      Just his word that 29 years ago this month he and a fishing buddy were
      abducted by a UFO, examined by a machine resembling a giant eyeball,
      then released physically unharmed.

      He has told his story under hypnosis, told it to Johnny Carson on
      national TV.

      Recently, while sipping coffee in his modest home in Gautier, he told
      the story to a Clarion-Ledger reporter.

      His account of that night never changes. He has passed numerous
      lie-detector tests.

      What Hickson hasn't talked about publicly, until now, is that he
      believes whatever -- or whoever -- was on that craft has kept track of

      "I think they know where I am at all times," he says. "Too many
      strange things have happened."

      Hickson, a retired shipyard foreman with five children and a
      no-nonsense demeanor, is 71 and spends most of his time caring for
      Blanche, his wife of 48 years who suffers from rheumatoid arthritis.
      He is fighting health problems of his own, including clogged arteries
      in his neck.

      Hickson says he is a God-fearing man who "believes Jesus Christ died
      for my sins."

      Whether people believe his UFO story doesn't seem to be a big deal to
      him. "If you were in my place right now, I'm not sure I'd believe you
      or not," he said.

      But others saw something that night, too.

      Several people later reported strange lights in the Gulf Coast sky
      just after sunset on Oct. 11, 1973 -- about the time Hickson and then
      19-year-old Calvin Parker say they were abducted.

      Mike Cataldo, a retired Navy chief petty officer now living in Rotonda
      West, Fla., says he saw "a very strange object on the horizon" late
      that afternoon while driving on U.S. 90, between Pascagoula and Ocean

      "Puddin' Broadus, a Pascagoula detective back then, told me he saw
      something streak through the air," says Glenn Ryder, a former captain
      with the Jackson County Sheriff's department who was the first to
      interrogate Hickson and Parker. "Puddin's dead now, but he was a fine
      man. He wouldn't make up something like that.

      "A guard at Ingalls (Shipbuilding) saw it. Another guy was in his back
      yard and said he saw something streak above his house.

      "When we studied it, all those reportings were in a straight line. And
      I'll tell you this: After talking with (Hickson and Parker) that
      night, I'm convinced they had some kind of experience. I don't know
      exactly what, but something happened to them. They were both shook up,
      especially that boy."

      Parker, now 48, has avoided the media in recent years.

      "This thing really messed Calvin up," Hickson says. "He was so young
      ... he just couldn't handle it."

      In a 1993 interview with The Commercial Appeal in Memphis, Parker said
      he was convinced it was demons, sent directly from Satan, who visited
      them that night.

      Beverly Parker, Calvin's stepmother who lives with his father in Kiln,
      says they haven't heard from him "in a couple of months." Last she
      knew, Calvin was working construction in North Carolina and "doing
      pretty good."

      The UFO incident is "something he won't talk about anymore," she says.

      Copyright © 2001, The Clarion-Ledger. . . .

      --[snipped for brevity - FULL story at above URL]-----

      ========================== Forwarded message ends ========================
    Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.