Fwd = Filer's Files #36 Life Exists Throughout Space

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 4, 2002
      Originally from: Majorstar@...
      Original Subject: Filer's Files #36 Life Exists Throughout Space
      Original Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 11:09:32 EDT

      FILER'S FILES #36 - 2002, MUFON Skywatch Investigations
      George A. Filer, Director Mutual UFO Network Eastern
      September 4, 2002, Majorstar@.... Webmaster: Chuck
      Warren - My new website is at http//:www.filersfiles-ufo.com.

      UFO SIGHTINGS CONTINUE HIGH AROUND THE WORLD:

      The purpose of these files is to report the UFO eye witness and
      photo/video evidence that occurs on a daily basis. These include
      landings, foraging for food and water, mutilations, mining, near misses
      and encounters. Features this week are Cosmic smog is 'key to life in
      space', Rapid warming of Polar ice caps, Massachusetts daylight cigar,
      New Jersey football UFO, Virginia semi-circle UFO, North Carolina photos,
      Florida lights, Ohio UFO dives into lake, Michigan daylight disk,
      Illinois aircraft hazard, Oklahoma glowing objects, Louisiana shadow on
      the moon, Texas daylight disk, New Mexico flying triangle, California
      flying triangle, Washington fabulous lights, Canadian daylight UFO, Chile
      UFO video, India space creature kills twelve, and UFO over Japan.

      COSMIC SMOG 'KEY TO LIFE IN MILKY WAY'

      Cosmic smog may have seeded life not only on our planet, but in countless
      other solar systems throughout the Galaxy. According the New Scientist
      Print Edition other solar systems will have the same mix of organic
      ingredients as ours. That is the implication of a new study of
      meteorites, which reveals that important complex organic molecules
      survived the formation of our Solar System and were brought to Earth on
      these rocks. It suggests ours and any other solar systems would have
      been dusted with this mix of organic ingredients very early on, giving
      life a head start that could make it common elsewhere. "It makes us more
      sanguine about finding other habitable planets," says Max Bernstein of
      NASA's Ames Research Center. Organic molecules in the meteorites might
      have helped the earliest organisms capture energy. The molecules, called
      polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs), are common in interstellar
      space, and many believe they were among the raw materials for life. But
      until now no one knew if the PAHs in meteorites are ones that survived
      the birth of our Solar System, or if they formed from scratch only later.

      Cosmic Dust -- PAHs are a family of compounds composed of two or more
      linked benzene rings that share carbon atoms. The simplest, naphthalene,
      is used to make mothballs. Others, many of them carcinogenic, are
      components of smog and smoke from burning fuels or tobacco. PAHs are the
      most abundant form of carbon known in the Universe. They also make up
      well over half of the organic compounds in the most common type of
      meteorites, called carbonaceous chondrites, which have rained down on the
      Earth along with other cosmic dust ever since the planet formed. These
      meteorites contain samples of the material from which the Solar System
      formed 4.6 billion years ago. Chemist Richard Zare of Stanford University
      fired a sensitive laser probe at fresh slices from two different
      meteorites and analyzed the organic compounds released from the carbon
      grains in the meteorite, looking in particular at the ratio of heavier
      PAHs to naphthalene. Zare reports to the American Chemical Society that
      the ratio was surprisingly uniform throughout the meteorite that means
      the molecules have not been altered since the rock formed, he says.
      "We're getting a chemical snapshot of the smoggy Universe before the
      Solar System formed," he says. Although PAHs themselves aren't found in
      living cells, they are easily converted into other molecules that are
      essential for life such as amino acids. Recent findings indicate that
      bugs could travel in comfort aboard meteorites and that live bacteria are
      cultured from a meteorite. Thanks to Jeff Hecht and NASA.

      Editor's Note: This indicates that organic ingredients have spread across
      the Galaxy aboard a fleet of meteorites seeding the estimated 100 million
      Earths in our Galaxy. Assuming a civilization on one of these Earth like
      planets was a hundred thousand years ahead of us they would have by now
      colonized the entire Galaxy. We should be looking for evidence that this
      civilization has established bases on our moon, on Mars and even Earth.
      The UFOs in our skies may indicate that space travelers stop for food,
      water and entertainment at our oasis in space.

      WARNING, NASA FINDS RAPID CHANGES IN EARTH'S POLAR ICE

      JPL reports recent NASA airborne measurements and a new review of
      space-based measurements of the thickness of Earth's polar ice sheets
      concludes they are melting much more rapidly than previously believed,
      with unknown consequences for global sea levels and Earth's climate.
      Large sectors of ice in southeast Greenland, the Amundsen Sea Embayment
      in the Antarctic are melting rapidly by processes not yet well
      understood, said researchers Dr. Eric Rignot and Dr. Robert Thomas.
      Their study, published this week in the journal Science, "Earth's polar
      ice sheets are changing over relatively short time scales, that is,
      decades versus thousands of years. Rapid changes are common and the
      Antarctic and Greenland ice sheets together hold enough ice to raise sea
      level by 70 meters (230 feet)," he said. "Even a small imbalance between
      snowfall and discharge of ice and melt water from ice sheets into the
      ocean could be a major contributor to the current sea level rise rate of
      1.8 millimeters (0.07 inches) a year and impact ocean circulation and
      climate. The review reports Greenland's ice sheet is losing 50 cubic
      kilometers (12 cubic miles) of mass a year due to rapid thinning near its
      coasts. That's enough to raise sea level 0.13 millimeters (0.005 inches)
      annually. "Rapid coastal thinning cannot be explained by a few warm
      summers and is attributed to a dynamic ice sheet response," Rignot said.
      Thanks to NASA http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/images/earth/antarctica

      KILLER ASTEROIDS

      The military is set up to spot and catalog near Earth objects (NEOs) in
      space and should keep track of them as a service to humankind, says Air
      Force Brig. Gen. Simon P. Worden, deputy director of operations at U.S.
      Space Command. That's because the same equipment that watches space for
      terrestrial threats like missiles could cover extraterrestrial bogies at
      relatively small extra cost. Worden concedes there is a high "giggle
      factor" in the idea, but cautions the U.S. Aerospace Commission that the
      problem isn't limited to extinction-level events. An asteroid as small
      as 100 meters in diameter could release enough energy to devastate a wide
      area below even if it never hits the surface, while a sea strike could
      inundate coastal areas. Satellites are vulnerable to fast-moving objects
      as small as the dust particles left over from comets, and a bright meteor
      could spoof missile warning sensors with gave consequences in a tense
      international crisis." He could just as well be talking about UFOs. We
      have tried several times to get the attention of agencies like NORAD
      about using the data that the systems have been taking for years even
      though the data isn't related to the primary mission. Thanks to John
      Schuessler

      Editor's Note - Uncorrelated targets coming into and leaving the
      atmosphere are picked up several times a week. Correlated targets are
      various types of space junk tracked and kept in Air Force computers while
      uncorrelated targets are unknowns.

      MASSACHUSETTS DAYLIGHT CIGAR OVER LOGAN AIRPORT

      BOSTON -- The witness observed a silver cigar shaped object moving across
      the sky on August 21, 2002, at 2:30 PM. He states, "This object was
      flying very high in the sky close to Logan Airport and. moving very fast
      from left to right. This movement went on for about one minute then the
      object vanished." Thanks to Peter Davenport NUFORC http.www.ufocenter.com.

      NEW YORK SMALL DISK NEAR WESTCHESTER AIRPORT

      WHITE PLAINS -- Two witnesses report seeing a small disk, "My twelve-year
      old daughter and I were heading home from a visit on August 21, 2002, and
      I turned left out of the Westchester County Airport entrance at 2:30 PM
      onto 120A South, and I saw something on my left, quickly approaching my
      car. My daughter saw it too. It looked like a small disk, no more than
      12 inches or so in diameter, and it was rapidly spinning vertically and
      moving towards us. It was dark brown with a metallic quality, and as it
      passed the car it made a strange sound. Not a buzz, or a motor-like
      sound. More of an electronic sound that changed pitch as it approached my
      car, then hovered for a second just at the left side of my windshield,
      very close to the driver's side window, and then quickly disappeared. We
      both saw and heard the exact same thing. It lasted only a few short
      seconds, but it remains very clear in both of our minds. We didn't
      actually see it "disappear"; it just flew quickly away and wasn't in
      sight anymore. Thanks to Peter Davenport NUFORC http//www.ufocenter.com/

      NEW JERSEY EGG SHAPED CRAFT

      PLAINFIELD -- Mike K. a chemical engineer phoned to tell me that he had
      spotted a spheroid or fat football with rounded ends flying over on the
      evening of August 28, 2002. The object was twenty-five feet in diameter
      and moving very slow at about twice the height of the trees The UFO flew
      with the longer part flying vertically. The object was 35 to 45 feet
      tall and appeared illuminated from the inside. It had a red strobe on
      the bottom. It was flying far below jets approaching Newark Airport and
      was moving from east to west at an estimated ten miles an hour above
      Plainfield Avenue. There were no appendages visible like would be on a
      dirigible or balloon. The midpoint of craft seemed to a rotate and
      numerous green and red lights could be seen. The witness was very
      sincere and sure that it was not a standard craft of any type and felt
      this was nothing from Earth. A similar object was seen in Quebec the
      same evening. Thanks to Mike K.

      VIRGINIA SEMI-CIRCLE UFO

      MIDLAND -- On August 13, 2002, at 11:30 PM the witness and her boyfriend
      were walking when he saw a huge bright light. The witness reports seeing
      a semi-circled shaped object with six or seven lights that shined down
      onto the tree tops moving very rapidly through the sky. We stood there
      and stared at it for about 15 seconds but heard no sound. It was moving
      very rapidly east and never changed direction. The trees are about 60
      feet high and the object was about 20 feet above that. The object was
      the size of a football field. As it was going east it was moving towards
      the back of his house and was hard to see, and in a matter of seconds it
      was gone. They promised to make illustrations of their sighting."
      Thanks to Peter Davenport NUFORC

      NORTH CAROLINA PHOTOS OF UFO ...

      CAROLINA BEACH -- The couple decided to go outside on the back patio and
      have a cup of coffee on August 16, 2002, since it was one of the first
      cool nights in a while. When I looked up, "I was a little startled to
      see several fairly bright lights in the sky at about a 45 degree angle to
      the north of our home at 10:00 PM.." After watching closely for 15
      minutes the objects never moved. The lights were above a fairly heavy
      cloud cover with a 'halo' effect around each light. The moon was to the
      south and almost full with a large halo. Closer examination of the
      phenomena revealed that the lights formed an almost perfect square. My
      first inclination was that they were located at the corners of some
      object but because of the clouds...I couldn't tell whether I was seeing
      four separate objects or one large object. My wife suggested I get my
      camera and I took several photos...all of them very disappointing with
      the digital cam. I tried taking a mpg movie...but when I viewed it, the
      lights did not show up at all. I managed to get a tripod and take
      exposures ranging from 1-8 seconds on F2. The pictures showed the
      lights, but they had a blue cast because of the low light. I took the
      pictures and downloaded them on my computer...then enhanced one of them in
      Photoshop to brighten it. The trees then showed up and the lights took
      on a more realistic appearance. Thanks Brian Vike investigator HBCC UFO
      Research.

      FLORIDA BRIGHT LIGHT SPOTTED

      BOCA RATON -- The witness reports seeing a bright light south of the
      Sawgrass Expressway hovering for a minute then disappearing. He states,
      "On August 27, 2002, while traveling on Lons Road just south of the
      Sawgrass Expressway, I witnessed a large bright light probably about four
      hundred feet up at 6:55 AM." It remained stationary as I focused on it.
      When it came time to head west on the Sawgrass, I turned my head to view
      the light again and it was gone. I guess they have the ability to become
      invisible when they want and visible when they want people to see them.
      This was not my first sighting in Florida and probably won't be the last.
      I guess the sky was perfect for a good cruise this morning. Thanks to
      Peter Davenport <A HREF="https://www.
      unfranchise.com/uf/login_frame.html">MARKET AMERICA</A> NUFORC

      OHIO RED UFO PLUNGES INTO LAKE ERIE

      LORAIN -- Albert J. Watkins writes, "I live 20 miles west of Cleveland and
      after reading Filer's Files #10, I wanted you to know I was standing on
      the Lake Eire shore on the evening of February 13th when the strange
      lights were seen in the sky as reported. I was with multiple witnesses
      and we saw what was no meteor shower, nor was it a helicopter. We
      observed orange and dim red lights that would appear just above the
      horizon, then becoming amazingly bright, so much so that it would reflect
      off of the lake. These lights would then disappear, only to reappear
      hundreds of yards away. After watching this dazzling display for at
      least an hour, we contacted the Coast Guard and the dispatcher told us
      what we were seeing was "Light refraction's off of a frozen lake." This
      was unusual as the lake was not frozen that night, nor had it really
      froze at all this winter. My friend, Daniel told me he has seen
      unexplainable objects" over the lake since April of 1999. He claims to
      have seen a craft up close. However, I have seen lights moving about very
      quickly, so fast that if you were to blink, you would not mark their
      movement, or VERY bright lights that hover without noise, and then
      disappear suddenly about 15 times since. I believe that there is quite a
      lot of strange activity going on out there. Thanks to -Albert J. Watkins

      MICHIGAN DISC SEEN IN DAYLIGHT FROM FREEWAY.

      GRAND RAPIDS -- While driving on I-96 west bound on August 18, 2002, a
      couple looked north and saw a disc shaped craft in the sky at 1:25 PM.
      Trees got in the way and when they cleared, the object was gone. We were
      5 minutes outside the city limits and when we exited she told me what she
      saw. My wife is 59 and professionally employed and has never seen
      anything like this before Thanks to Peter Davenport NUFORC.

      ILLINOIS AIRCRAFT HAZARD

      TINLEY PARK -- Although the object appeared to be round, it may have been
      a little oval according to the witness on August 24, 2002. "I saw this
      object at 6:36 PM, which I believe to be an advertising balloon climbing,
      and flying almost due south. My wife believed this to be a UFO too. I
      just hoped if it is an advertising balloon, that the wire that keeps it
      on the ground snapped off at the right end, otherwise it is a danger to
      any aircraft. Thanks to Peter Davenport

      OKLAHOMA RED GLOWING OBJECTS

      DURANT -- I am not really into this type of thing. I am a preacher's
      wife. But, I keep seeing things and my husband sees them, too. It's
      freaky, I don't know if it's meteors, or our imagination working
      overtime. On August 21, 2002, at 1:21 AM. we saw a whole bunch of fiery
      balls darting to and fro in the western sky for 20 minutes. Some came,
      some went away, and some stayed, and kept moving. Some were going
      straight, and some made sharps turns. Some got brighter, and some faded.
      We thoughts some planes were about to crash. Tonight was like my
      umpteenth sighting of something strange. I woke and was looking at the
      stars, when a big flash of light came out of nowhere. I thought maybe it
      was an angel. But, as it got closer, it's flying southeast, I noticed it
      had a line of lights at it's middle flashing different colors. It was
      pretty close to the ground north of town. I saw a small, dark in the
      middle, glowing object, mostly red in color, that flew right over my
      house.

      LOUISIANA SHADOW ON THE MOON Ken M. reports that, "On July 28, 2002, I
      was coming home from the store and the moon was at a low angle in clear
      view straight ahead of me at 11:20 PM. There was a huge shadow in its
      lower left hand corner, shaped like a box. Getting out of my car to get
      a better look I saw the shadow was a large translucent grayish darkened
      area, not completely blackened out. It flew away seconds later. My best
      guess that night was that a meteor would be the only thing that big to
      cast such a huge shadow on the moon not a UFO; however, it seems now with
      all the numerous reports of UFO activity that if it were a ship, then it
      would have been the mother of all ships. Thanks to kenmoreau@...

      TEXAS DAYLIGHT DISK

      COLONY -- The witness reports my daughter and I observed a bright disk
      shaped object flying over on August 24, 2002. "I was talking to my 16
      year old daughter in the dining room when she pointed to something in the
      sky at 4:00 PM. "We watched a very bright, white disk-shaped object
      traversing the sky about 500-700 feet up going north at a fairly fast
      pace. It had a definite disk shape to it. We grabbed the binoculars and
      watched it fly south and noticed it seemed to rotate and began to change
      from a disk to another shape and this is when I knew it was not a plane
      for sure. It was descending to the ground at a 25 degree angle. My
      daughter also saw it maneuver in the sky and no sound was detected. The
      winds were out the south at 5-10 mph on a sunny day. I have a Masters of
      Education. in counseling psychology and research UFO's.

      RICHARDSON -- On August 25, 2002, the next day after the Colony sighting a
      solid white disk was seen traveling extremely fast going due south. The
      disk raced across the sky very fast at 10:00 PM with the entire event
      happening in thirty seconds. It was very defined in it's path. I have
      seen meteor showers and this was a totally different experience. Thanks
      to Peter Davenport NUFORC

      NEW MEXICO FLYING TRIANGLE

      FORT SUMNER -- The witness reported seeing triangular shaped objects with
      red and gold lights as well as the trail behind it. "We saw at least 50
      lights in the sky behind a blinking object on August 22, 2002, at 9:00
      PM." This was not a usual air craft. It was red and gold and it
      maneuvered very fast and shone as bright as a light bulb. They were
      lined up right after the other and forming an unknown shape. They flew
      at least ten seconds apart. It was triangular shaped and also had lights
      on the bottom. NUFORC spoke with the witnesses to this event, and they
      sounded to be credible. Thanks to Peter Davenport NUFORC

      CALIFORNIA FLYING TRIANGLE

      ORANGE COUNTY -- Ed Brooks writes, "I saw a huge flying triangle with a
      box shape attached in the sky on August 27th at about 10:30 PM. What
      caught my eye was how low these stars looked. I have a tremendous
      curiosity regarding UFOs and whenever I get the chance I will search the
      sky. But, until last night have not seen anything when I noticed the
      perfect shape and really started looking. This group of three white
      lights in a triangle with two white lights forming a square behind with a
      total of five lights that wobbled in unison. The UFO appeared to be
      extremely large and moving slowly. Within 1 to 2 minutes I was startled
      to see white lights darting into and then out of this shape. This was
      exciting as I realized these lights disappeared as they met this shape
      and then reappeared as they left. I viewed this for five minutes and
      then I went and got my roommate to take a look. We both viewed the
      triangle as it began to move away at a faster pace and going higher at
      the same time as the lights became less bright. All this time it was
      bright white with an occasional red or blue light darting in and out in
      all directions. In 15 minutes a totally clear night became completely
      full of clouds and the show was over. This shape was moving in a
      northeast direction. Thanks to Ed Brooks ted.williams@...

      SALINAS VALLEY -- The witness was driving home on August 25, 2002, to
      Chualar when he saw an egg shaped object that glowed baby blue in the
      dark sky at 8:01 PM. He states, "I was driving the back roads, and the
      object looked a 1/4 of a mile high with a beautiful light. I don't even
      remember how I stopped on the side of the road. I got really scared
      because I didn't know what had happened. Somehow while I was looking at
      the object, I received some type of input from the craft. "I swear to
      God I'm not joking around and it's time to let every body to know they're
      here." stated the witness. Thanks to Peter Davenport NUFORC

      WASHINGTON BRIGHT ORANGE LIGHT

      KELSO -- I woke up about 1:30 A.M. on August 28, 2002, and observed what I
      thought was an aircraft moving to the north. I opened the window and saw
      the object had a bright orange light in back and 3 or 4 small orange
      lights where the wings would be. It was either very large or low flying.
      I observed the object for 10-12 seconds and there was no sound. There
      were no flashing anti collision lights that you would normally see and I
      have never seen an airplane at night with all orange lights.

      MATTAWAN -- The observer saw a large fireball with gold like flames coming
      straight down at 2:30 AM; on August 28, 2002. The fireball had a short
      tail. With arm extended, it was the size of a 'female' thumbnail. The
      gold fireball continued downward towards the Hanford Nuclear Site and
      broke up into six or seven pieces, not exploding, and the pieces stayed
      close together and continued downward. I lost sight of them behind the
      trees. Perhaps it was space debris, but it concerned me because it was
      heading straight for Hanford Nuclear Site. Thanks to Peter Davenport
      NUFORC

      CANADA SIGHTINGS CONTINUE

      VANCOUVER, BC -- On Saturday, August 24, 2002, 11:59 PM the witness
      reports, "My wife received a phone call at 11:45 from my brother who told
      us a meteor was visible in the west and was viewing it 18 kilometers
      away. I said that was impossible, so I hauled out my telescope and
      spotted the object at 50 power and perceived it was no airplane. At 200
      power, I had a clear picture of a flying saucer shape. It glowed very
      intensely and had a weird rotating sensor beam on the top part of the
      saucer. It flashed aqua color first and then orange-red much like a
      rotating spot beam at a 0.5 second rotation. One beam could scan
      orange-red and then aqua. I then took relative size calculations from
      both my brothers and used my GPS to get the bearing. My calculation
      indicates the object was 30 meters in diameter at a distance of 200 KM
      that puts it over Vancouver Island. The object must have been under
      power. My brother watched it for an hour while I watched 45 minutes
      before it went behind some trees. I can't say this was an alien space
      ship, but if it was not, the Earth has developed a new type of ship that
      is quite impressive.

      ST-JEAN-SUR-RICHELIEU, QUEBEC -- A large blue and green sparkling sphere
      about the size of a small car was seen by observers on August 28, 2002.
      The witness states, "I was walking on the river promenade going east at
      6:45 PM when I heard a sound like a baseball going thru the air very
      close to my ear." I looked up and saw a large blue and green sparkling
      sphere straight above my head at about 20 feet in the air and going about
      20 mph. When it passed me it started to go up in a very steep manner
      then vanished as it was gaining altitude.

      HOUSTON, BRITISH COLUMBIA -- Brian Vike interviewed a witness August 27th
      who saw objects coming out of one of the large mountains in his area. I
      also talked with a couple of other witnesses tonight claiming the same,
      and seeing all kinds of strange objects in the area around the same
      mountain. So I am off to investigate these reports on the weekend. Looks
      like another 3 hour drive one way. At least all this keeps me a busy boy.
      Will fill you in after I get back. Thanks to Brian Vike

      CHILE AIR SHOW VIDEO CONFIRMS UFO PRESENCE

      SANTIAGO -- The appearance of a series of UFOs in two recordings made
      during the last International Air and Space Fair caused expectations and
      surprise. The luminous phenomena appear to monitor the maneuvers of a
      Chilean Air Force's Mirage Pantera fighter plane. It has a duration of
      1 min 35 seconds, shows the takeoff of the fixed-wing fighter, then a
      blurry, pixellated flash of light. The video is at
      www.terra.cl/multimedia/canales.cfm/categoriavideo. Thanks to Scott
      Corrales Institute of Hispanic Ufology www.inexplicata.com

      INDIAN INTELLIGENCE SETS A TRAP FOR ROVING ALIEN

      UTTAR PRADESH -- Times of India reports, "With a death toll now exceeding
      twelve, and new sightings reported, India's Intelligence Bureau has set a
      trap for the UFO known as Muhnochwa, which is Hindu for Face Scorcher.
      "With five visuals of the Muhnochwa caught on videotape--three of which
      were recorded by the team of intelligence sleuths in the state--the scare
      does not seem to be unfounded." An extraterrestrial body (ETB) with
      electromagnetic effects is indicated in at least three percent of the
      cases. While the Indian agencies have yet to admit the presence of an
      ETB, foreign research agencies, intelligence reports said, have already
      been to the affected areas, met the witnesses and collected necessary
      data." "Sources said that after going through the videotapes provided by
      the wife of a lawyer in Mirzapur and another frame recorded by a resident
      in Sitapur, which has the flash of light speeding from one end of the
      lens to another within a second, an intelligence team reached Sitapur and
      set up an ingeniously-designed observatory." "A cement mixer was fitted
      with orange, yellow, green, to the most common red and blue lights. The
      apparatus was put on a hill in total darkness hoping to attract the ETB.
      And it did at 1:05 AM, a flash of light neared the apparatus. 'It was
      like the photocopier's top plate with the sharp light while taking
      impressions,' revealed a member of the Indian Intelligence Bureau team."
      "Questionnaires were answered by the victims. Out of a sample study of
      100 injured victims, ten were found to be victims of an insect bite or
      scratch. Ten suffered the injuries indirectly (like bruises while
      running). The remaining (80) reported experienced one or more: (1)
      electric shock; (2) Saw a sharp light; (3) Felt a hard round object." Out
      of 80 people, 65 were found to have suffered physical injuries, and there
      were three who tried to overpower the ETB. All three had suffered
      hundreds of scars, as if caused by a blade, on the palm of their hands,
      that were inexplicable and this is what raised the possibilities of an
      ETB being out there." Thanks to the Times of India for 6/18/02, and
      Prasant Solomon, UFO Roundup's correspondent in India.

      JAPAN UFO SPOTTED

      TOKYO BAY AREA -- On August 11, Toshie Nakagawa saw some unexplainable
      thing in the sky after the Japan UFO meeting. While having dinner on the
      9th floor with a magnificent view of the Bay one member spotted a very
      strange shiny object in the northwestern sky just a few minutes past 6
      PM. At first I though it was an airplane, but this luminous object was
      getting bigger for a minute but then suddenly disappeared. A second
      later the shiny light appeared again in the different spot! It looked as
      if it was teleported from one place to another in a second! And this
      time the light was getting much brighter and illuminated about a
      minute and then again vaporized. Thanks to Toshie Nakagawa (OUR-J)
      http://www.our-j.com.

      CANADIAN UFO RESEARCHER WILBERT SMITH

      Grant Cameron writes that as a point of fact Wilbert Smith died of cancer
      of the lower bowel, not a brain tumor as was reported in last weeks
      Filers Files. Smith claimed UFOs were real and that he had seen one up
      close. I have tried to correct the brain tumor story for 20 years.
      Unfortunately, it continues to live on. Thanks to Grant Cameron, The
      Presidents UFO Story www.presidentialufo.com

      UFO DEFENSE TACTICS - WEATHER SHIELD TO CHEMTRAILS

      A. K. Johnstone, Ph.D., explores with evidence, the creation of a weather
      shield to deter UFOs from entering earth's atmosphere, as well as the
      erratic weather changes in recent years. Numerous UFO sightings are
      examined from a scientific viewpoint, including plasma sheaths and
      fireballs. Order illustrated book, $14.95 from Hancock House
      1-800-938-1114.

      NEW JERSEY CONFERENCE

      Pat Marcatillio is holding a UFO conference in Bordentown, NJ on October
      12 and 13 at the Days' Inn. Ingo Swann, David Jacobs, Tom Van Flandern,
      Jim Moseley, Bruce Maccabee and others will be speaking. Details are
      at--http://www.drufo.org.

      NASA's SPACE ENCOUNTERS

      Jeff Challender has released the new video "What Is the Truth?". The
      second video examining NASA and its space encounters with 102 anomalous
      objects. These events were culled from 1400+ hours raw footage of ten
      live Shuttle flight broadcasts between Oct. 2000 and April 2002. VHS
      $25. Send orders to: Jeff Challender 2768 Mendel Way Sacramento, CA
      95833-2011

      MUFON UFO JOURNAL -- For more detailed monthly investigative reports
      subscribe to the MUFON JOURNAL. A MUFON membership includes the Journal
      and costs only $35.00 per year. To join MUFON or to report a UFO go to
      http://www.mufon.com/. To ask questions contact MUFONHQ@... or
      HQ@.... Mention that I recommended you for membership.

      Filer's Files is copyrighted 2002 by George A. Filer, all rights reserved.
      Readers may post the complete files on their Web Sites if they credit
      the newsletter and its editor by name and list the date of issue that the
      item appeared. These reports and comments are not necessarily the
      OFFICIAL MUFON viewpoint. Send your letters to Majorstar@....
      Sending mail automatically grants permission for us to publish and use
      your name. Please state if you wish to keep your name, address, or story
      confidential. CAUTION, MOST OF THESE ARE INITIAL REPORTS AND REQUIRE
      FURTHER INVESTIGATION. <A HREF="http://www.filersfiles-ufo.com">Filer's
      Files web</A>

      Regards, George Filer