UFO ROUNDUP, Volume 7 Number 36

  • John Hayes
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 3, 2002
      Posted on behalf of Joseph Trainor.

      <Masinaigan@...>
      ==========================

      UFO ROUNDUP
      Volume 7, Number 36
      September 3, 2002
      Editor: Joseph Trainor

      http://ufoinfo.com/roundup/

      FOUR TRIANGULAR UFOs
      SIGHTED IN IRELAND

      On Sunday, August 25, 2002, at 10:05 p.m., Stephen
      O'Hanlon was in the outskirts of Waterford, a city in
      southern Ireland, when he spotted an unusual formation in
      the sky.
      "I saw four orange-coloured, triangular-shaped
      objects flying in formation almost over my head," Stephen
      reported, "The two craft in the rear were moving
      erratically from side to side but not in unison. One
      seemed to drop into a curve or a crescent as it flew in
      perfect alignment with the others. The one to the left
      was more erratic and seemed to jerk from side to side but
      also followed the crescent shape (trajectory--J.T.).
      There was absolutely no sound."
      The UFOs were "triangular, all four were exactly the
      same size and were orange in colour, glowing slightly.
      They were the size of light aircraft and flew very close
      together. They flew at least 1,000 to 1,500 feet (300 to
      450 meters) and kept at the level until out of sight."
      The city of Waterford is in County Waterford,
      located about 90 miles (144 kilometers) south of Dublin,
      the national capital. (Email Form Report)

      HOVERING UFO SEEN OVER
      COLDRINGHAM, SCOTLAND

      On Saturday, August 31, 2002, at 2:30 a.m., George
      Niedzwiedz was at his home in Coldringham, Berwickshire,
      Scotland, UK when he noticed an intriguing but stationary
      light in the night sky.
      George reported, "Looking out my bedroom window
      towards The Plough constellation (also known as Ursa
      Major--J.T.), I noticed a singular light which nearly
      flashed on and off for about half a second. Also saw two
      meteorites. If you took a straight line from Benetnasch
      and Phecda, the light appeared smack in the middle of
      these two stars."
      "I don't think this was a satellite, Iridium or
      otherwise. I think a single flash is odd, more likely to
      be astronomical. It was the same colour as the
      surrounding stars but a little bit brighter at its peak."
      (Email Form Report)

      TWO ORANGE UFOs SPOTTED
      OVER LATHLAIN, W.A.

      On Wednesday evening, August 28, 2002, James and
      Yvonne Cox drove to a late-night supermarket in Lathlain,
      Western Australia when they saw something unusual in the
      sky.
      "We drove to a late-night supermarket to pick up
      some milk," Yvonne reported, "We pulled over to observe
      two bright orange lights in the sky. They looked like an
      aircraft coming straight at us. A military-looking
      helicopter was circling the suburb and looked low enough
      to park in a garden."
      "We were scared and rang (phoned in the USA--J.T.)
      Gordon, who came to the door to have a gawk. We
      proceeded to the shops in a totally distracted state,
      looking all the while at the lights. The carpark
      (parking lot in the USA--J.T.) was full of people
      pointing upwards. The lights appeared to be directly
      over the shops, up high, not moving at all."
      "I rang a friend in the next suburb who watched them
      from her front garden. We shopped, and, when we came
      out, the lights had gone. All up, they were observed for
      a good half hour."
      "When I got home, I rang the Observatory, eventually
      got through, and the man said, 'Yes, we've had a lot of
      calls from your area. Quite a lot of sightings for six
      weeks now. We think it's kids lighting garbage bags and
      letting them drift away.'" (Email Form Report)

      ANOTHER COW MUTILATED
      IN NORTHERN ARGENTINA

      "A new cattle mutilation case occurred late
      Saturday," August 24, 2002, involving "a dead cow with
      precise incisions and various missing body parts. There
      were no signs of any tracks, human or animal, on the
      ground around the carcass."
      "Personnel from SENASA (Spanish acronym for
      Argentina's National Health and Agroalimentary Quality
      Service--J.T.) arrived Sunday morning," August 25, 2002,
      "in San Antonio, located 5 kilometers (3 miles) from
      Curuz, in the third section of the department of
      Mercedes" in Argentina's Misiones province.
      "Livestock owner Miguel Caseroto, 60, found the
      lifeless cow in his field late Saturday evening."
      "Police authorities took custody of the dead animal,
      and SENASA officials took samples from the carcass for
      further testing."
      "The cow was four years old and was found lying on
      its left side. She had died about four to five days
      earlier and presented no natural cuts or injuries, nor
      any other signs of violence."
      "Caseroto told the (Argentinian) newspapers that the
      cow was missing its left maxillary (jawbone), plus the
      eye and ear on the same side, and also part of the
      tongue. A section of the cow's anus was also removed."
      (See the Argentinian newspaper Vox Populi of Posadas,
      Misiones province for August 27, 2002. Muchas gracias a
      Norberto Mollo de OVNIs y Mutilaciones para eso articulo
      de diario.)

      SMALL METAL UFO CRASHES
      NEAR A VILLAGE IN ANGOLA

      "An unidentified flying object has fallen from the
      sky and landed near the village of Manzawu, in northern
      Uije province," in the southwest African nation of
      Angola.
      "Roman Catholic Radio Ecclesia reported the crash on
      Thursday, August 22, 2002. Villagers told Radio Ecclesia
      the object crashed to the ground near Manzawu following a
      loud explosion, similar to a clap of thunder."
      "'We heard noise like thunder in the sky, and then a
      ball landed on the earth,' one of the witnesses to the
      object's sudden appearance said."
      "'Now we are afraid it could explode,' said another
      villager."
      "According to Radio Ecclesia, the object weighs
      around 10 kilogrammes (22 pounds) and measures some 50
      centimetres (20 inches) in diameter."
      "Experts from the Angola Armed Forces have travelled
      to the object's landing site to examine it, the radio
      said." (Many thanks to Roger Day and Tony Lewing of
      Extra-Terrestrial Association of South Africa for this
      report.)
      (Editor's Note: The event in Manzawu is a blow-by-blow
      repeat of a similar Fortean happenstance of the early
      Nineteenth Century. On August 13, 1819, there was a
      flash of light, an explosive sound like thunder, and then
      "a bowl-shaped object" landed on the lawn of Professor
      Dewey in Amherst, Massachusetts, USA. See The Complete
      Books of Charles Fort, Dover Publications, New York,
      N.Y., 1974, pages 41 to 43.)

      CROP CIRCLES STARTLE A
      TOWN IN MICHIGAN

      "Three days after a farmer and his son discovered
      two giant 'crop circles' in their 180 acres of corn,
      authorities" in Eaton Rapids, Michigan (population 5,350)
      "are doing their best to assure uneasy townsfolk that the
      damage was done by 'some teenage pranksters,' not by
      aliens from outer space."
      "The way the farmers discovered the circles--while
      riding across their acreage on a tractor--closely
      parallels a similar discovery in the popular movie
      Signs."
      "'Everybody and their brother wants to know if the
      aliens have landed,' Eaton County Sheriff Rick Jones said
      Friday," August 30, 2002, "after describing the two areas
      of flattened corn, each 100 feet (30 meters) in diameter,
      that were discovered Tuesday," August 27, 2002, "three
      miles (5 kilometers) north of Eaton Rapids, a town
      between Lansing (the state capital--J.T.) and Battle
      Creek."
      "'I've been telling everybody I meet that I'm pretty
      sure it's not aliens--it's probably just some teenagers
      who went to a movie and then decided they'd have some
      fun. Well, if we catch'em, they're going to pay some
      heavy fines, and they're going to make restitution.'"
      "The owner of the affected field, who spoke on
      condition of anonymity, said he was more bothered by
      media interest in the crop circles--he's been bombatded
      by television interview requests--than by the tampering
      with his crop."
      "'I'm pretty sure the damage was done by people and
      not extraterrestrials,' said the farmer. 'I've probably
      lost about $250 in destroyed corn and cleanup costs, but
      the biggest problem has been the media circus.'"
      "Eaton Rapids Mayor Donald Colestock said he's also
      certain that the damage was caused by humans, and that
      he's not amused. 'This is just plain malicious
      destruction,' he said."
      "Although most Eaton Rapids residents seemed
      convinced that local pranksters were at work, other fret
      over troubling questions they say have not been
      adequately answered."
      "'I really don't think teenagers could have done
      something this precise,' said Robert Locke, owner and
      operator of Mr. Robert's Hair Designs, located only a
      mile from the crop circles. 'From what I've heard, crop
      circles are always precise, and I understand that the
      areas of flattened corn are quite circular in design.'"
      "The sheriff said he was surprised to learn that
      there were 'no tire marks' around the crop circles, which
      suggests that the perpetrators did not use farm machinery
      to crush and flatten an estimated 28,000 stalks of corn.
      But he said a large group of teenagers could hace
      accomplished the task without machinery if they 'spent
      several hours working hard at it.'"
      "'The word I'm getting is that it could have been
      done by hand, even if it required a lot of planning and
      work,' said Jones. 'At this point, I'm 100 percent
      certain that this is vandalism, pure and simple. The
      last time I checked, we weren't running The X-Files here,
      and we certainly aren't the Men In Black.'"
      "'We've been putting out the word all over the
      county that this kind of property destruction carries a
      potential 90-day jail sentence, along with some heavy
      fines.'"
      "For his part, the farmer acknowledged the
      possibility of some force beyond Earth. 'I'm halfway
      convinced that there's intelligent life out there
      somewhere in the universe,' he speculated, 'But do I
      think aliens messed up my cornfield? Nope... That was
      just somebody clowning around and imitating a movie.'"
      In other crop circle news, a "double triplet
      formation" was found last week in a farm field in East
      Garafraxa, Ontario, Canada. According to Paul Anderson
      of Canadian Crop Circles Research Network, "the double
      triplet formation was found in a field of barley on the
      afternoon of Wednesday, August 28, 2002. Approximately
      30 metres (100 feet) in diameter. Large outer circle
      surrounded by three smaller circles in a triangular
      configuration. Also three smaller standing circles
      inside the large centre circle, in a reverse pattern of
      the three outside circles."
      East Garafraxa was the ninth crop circle formation
      discovered in Canada during 2002. (See the Chicago
      Tribune for August 31, 2002, "Circles likely sign of too
      much time on kids' hands,' page 3. Many thanks to Steve
      Wilson Sr. and Paul Anderson for these reports.)

      UFO PERFORMS STRANGE
      MANEUVERS OVER MALTA

      On Sunday, August 25, 2002, at 1:25 a.m., Peter and
      Jean Marshall were on a beach at St. Paul's Bay on Malta,
      a small island in the Mediterranean Sea, when they
      spotted a strange light in the sky.
      "The UFO appeared and just went straight down from
      the sky and then straight back up again," Jean reported,
      adding that the maneuver "was like a V shape, and it took
      about a second."
      "The object had a traingular shape when I looked at
      it," Peter reported.
      "It had a very bright white light," Jean added,
      "Bigger than an aeroplane. Too fast. We could not
      estimate the spot in the sky from which it dropped."
      (Email Form Report)

      UFOs ARE ACTIVE IN CANADA

      On Sunday, August 18, 2002, eyewitness Brenda N. and
      her neighbours witnessed a UFO over Halifax, Nova Scotia,
      Canada.
      "It was right in front of my house. I watched it
      for as long as I could see it. It was flying really low,
      and it was so bright. I couldn't believe what I was
      seeing. It took me about two hours to come away from my
      window and stop looking. I just keep expecting something
      to happen."
      "It was almost rectangle-shaped, but I heard the
      next day that someone else had seen it, and it was a
      triangle. So, I thought, maybe I was seeing the back of
      it, and the (other) woman was seeing from under it. It
      was flying about as high as a helicopter would fly, and
      was going by really slow. It had no sound coming from
      it."
      "An elderly friend said he heard on CBC Radio that a
      few people had reported it, including the woman who said
      it was triangle-shaped, and he also said that a policeman
      had reported it, too."
      On Saturday, August 31, 2002, at 9:42 p.m.,
      skywatcher John Lyle was outdoors near Circle Drive and
      Provincial Highway 16 in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada,
      when he spotted something odd near the constellation
      Sagittarius.
      "I was viewing the constellation Sagittarius and an
      asterium called 'the Coathanger' using 7.25X binoculars
      with a field of view of about 6.8 degrees," John
      reported, "Right through my field (of view), covering an
      easy 3 degrees or more, this V-shaped craft, covered
      around the perimeter with faint lights (12 to 20 of them-
      -J.L.), went rather quickly, covering two degrees per
      second or more. I followed it for a total of 10 seconds
      before it passed over my rooftop. Dark silhouette, faint
      lights on the perimeter, a wide V or boomerang-shaped
      object. Lights dim and soft. As I did not want to lose
      sight of it, I did not try to observe it without the
      binocs, as I was afraid of (1) losing it, or (2) was
      doubtful whether the lights could be seen with the naked
      eye. No sound noticeable or traffic noise."
      "Assuming a 200-foot (60-meter) wingspan, height
      (altitude) can be estimated at 3,800 feet (1,140 meters).
      From the angle of observation (58 degrees--J.L.) this
      gives a ground speed of only 130 miles per hour (208
      kilometers per hour) if moving at two degrees per
      second." (Email Form Reports)

      UFO FLOTILLA SIGHTED IN
      NORTH CAROLINA

      Last week a couple spotted a flotilla of hovering
      UFOs in their hometown of Carolina Beach, North Carolina
      (population 4,701), a beach community on Highway 421
      about 10 miles (16 kilometers) south of Wilmington, N.C.
      "My wife and I live near Carolina Beach, N.C.," the
      male witness reported, "We decided to go outside, since
      it was the first real cool night in a while. I went down
      with a cup of coffee on the back patio, sighed and
      slumped down in my chair. When I looked up, I was a
      little startled to see several fairly bright lights in
      the sky at a 45-degree angle to the north of our home."
      "At first, I thought, Helicopters... But after
      watching closely for about 15 minutes, they never moved.
      In fact, the thought of spotlights came to my mind. But
      I discarded that theory when I realized that the lights
      were above a fairly heavy cloud cover. The reason I know
      this is that there was a 'halo' effect around each
      light."
      "The moon was to the south, almost full, also with a
      large halo. Clear examination of the phenomenon revealed
      that the lights formed an almost perfect square. My
      first indication was that they were near some object.
      But because of the clouds, I couldn't tell whether I was
      seeing four separate objects or one large object. My
      wife suggested I get my camera. I did."
      "I took several photos, all of them disappointing,
      with the digital camera. I tried taking an .MPG series
      but when I viewed it, the lights did not show up. I
      managed to get a tripod and take exposures varying from 1
      to 8 seconds on F2. The picutres showed the lights, but
      they had a blue cast because of the low light. I took
      the pictures and downloaded them on my computer, then
      enhanced one of them in Photoshop to lighten it. The
      trees then showed up, and the lights took on a more
      realistic appearance." (Many thanks to Canadian
      ufologist Brian Vike for this report.)

      BLACK HELICOPTERS
      REVISIT REHOBOTH

      Black helicopters returned to Rehoboth,
      Massachusetts (population 7,600) twice near the end of
      August 2002.
      On Monday, August 29, 2002, in the morning, "two
      black helicopters flew over, heading from the Cape (i.e.
      Cape Cod, Mass.--J.T.) to Providence (Rhode Island)," or
      from east to west.
      On Wednesday, August 28, 2002, "the black
      helicopters were non-stop," the eyewitnesses reported.
      UFO Roundup correspondent Mary Lou Jones-Drown added,
      "Four people asked me if I noticed it. And even my mom
      noticed it. I was wondering what was going on myself.
      All of the witnesses saw the helicopters flying way
      up...even at night. You could see their headlights."
      Rehoboth, Mass. is on Routes 44 and 118 about 30
      miles (48 kilometers) south of Boston. (Many thanks to
      Mary Lou Jones-Drown for this report.)

      READER FEEDBACK:

      STRANGE BIRDS FIRST SEEN
      IN MEXICO DURING 1996

      Mexican ufologist and TV host Jaime Maussan writes,
      "I read your report from R.W. in Austria. (See UFO
      Roundup, volume 7, number 35 for August 27, 2002, "A
      strange tale from the Vienna Woods," page 5.) I have a
      photo from 1996, from Ciudad Juarez, Mexico, with a bird
      exactly like that. It was taken when we had an attack,
      on a nationwide scale, of the so-called 'Chupacabras.' I
      always believed the Chupacabra is real and not
      necessarily related to the extraterrestrial phenomenon.
      If you want the photo, please let me know."

      DID THE CABAL FRAME THE ALIENS
      FOR THE KILLINGS IN INDIA?

      Lori Cordini writes, "How convenient! The 'UFO
      killings' smells like cabal to me. (See UFO Roundup,
      volume 7, number 34 for August 20, 2002, "Seven killed by
      a UFO in northern India," page 1.) I have yet to engage
      in any--and I mean ANY--negative intentions by our Star
      Visitors. But I have had experience with the covert
      'military' and cabal intentions, and that has never been
      positive. So figure out who I think might be behind it?"

      From the UFO Files...

      1783: UFOs OVER ENGLAND

      While the general public tends to think of UFOs as a
      relatively modern phenomenon--only 55 years old--the
      majority of ufologists are aware that there have been
      waves of UFO sightings throughout recorded history.
      One such flap took place in the late Eighteenth
      Century, at the end of the War of the American
      Revolution. And it has been superbly researched and
      documented by UK historian Robert Halliday.
      The UFO cases were "reported in The Bury Post, a
      weekly newspaper that started publication the previous
      year (1782) in the market town of Bury St. Edmunds,"
      Suffolk, UK "and circulated in Suffolk, Norfolk and
      Cambridgeshire."
      "The Bury Post devoted considerable coverage to the
      meteor sightings between 21 August and 4 September 1783;
      although this expression is not really satisfactory, for
      even at the time it was generally agreed that the
      sightings didn't correspond with conventional meteors,
      and few people suggested that this is what they were."
      "The description of the meteor's passage over "The
      White Horse Inn, five miles (8 kilometers) from Bury, on
      the road to Newmarket," first appeared in The Bury Post
      on 28 August 1783. The White Horse Inn stands just south
      of the village of Risby, although it was bypassed when
      the main Bury St. Edmunds-to-Newmarket road was rerouted
      in 1975."
      "Another account was quoted from Bury St. Edmunds.
      Between 9 and 10 p.m., a ball of light was seen on the
      north horizon approaching Angel Hill, one of the main
      public squares. After 30 seconds it discharged into
      smaller lights and broke into three glowing balls, all of
      equal size to the original. Passing southwards, these
      disappeared after 40 seconds (the horizon being
      restricted by buildings--R.H.) A minute or two later, a
      rumbling noise was heard. A boy drawing water from a
      well in the cellar of a house on Angel Hill heard
      rumbling below the water at the same time."
      (Editor's Comment: Next question--how did the site get
      the name "Angel Hill?" Were unusual entities seen there
      in the distant past?)
      "The Bury Post's representative for Thetford,
      Norfolk (whose population in 1780 was about 2,000--J.T.)
      was standing on the town bridge at about 9:15 p.m. when
      the structure shook under him. His description of what
      happened next is quoted verbatim:"
      "'About a minute after, perceived in the northwest
      something resembling the moon, which appeared to rise out
      from a cloud. This fiery meteor proceeded in a
      semicircular form (path or trajectory--J.T.), in a very
      rapid state towards southeast when it disappeared. At
      first appearance it seemed like so many stars proceeding
      from a skyrocket, but much larger; just before it
      descended, it appeared twenty yards in length and
      separated itself into particles resembling small cones,
      about the size of a turkey's egg.'"
      (Editor's Comment: Sounds like an alien starship self-
      destructing beyond Earth's atmosphere, and the passengers
      and crew taking to the escape pods.)
      "'The atmosphere was so much illuminated that he
      could see to take up a pin; several persons found their
      houses and the earth much agitated; he supposed it to be
      a small shock of an earthquake.'"
      "Another light was seen at Ixworth, six miles (10
      kilometers) northeast of Bury St. Edmunds. Ixworth is a
      large village, with a population of 827 in the 1801
      Census, and the meteor's passage seems to have been
      observed by the entire community. The Bury Post's
      description of the events at Ixworth reads:"
      "'About moon-rising, a fiery meteor made its
      appearance, moving very slow, so as nearly to brush the
      tops of the houses, in a direction from north to south
      (leaving a long train of flame in its passage--R.H.) and
      seemed to grow larger as it proceeded; but whilst over
      the village appeared to the many who viewed it with great
      amazement, to be as large as a bushel measure, and the
      light occasioned thereby, was so great that a pin might
      have been taken from the ground at the instant. Those
      who were on the southerly side of the village saw it
      burst in pieces over a meadow there; forming the
      appearance of many stars falling. This phenomenon was
      followed by a rumbling noise in the air, seemingly very
      low, and was heard for some moments by great numbers, and
      at the same time, many windows were observed to shake.'"
      (See Fortean Times No. 155 for March 2002, "Fireballs of
      1783," page 55.)

      That's it for this week. Join us next time for more
      UFO, Fortean and paranormal news from around the planet
      Earth, brought to you by "the paper that goes home--UFO
      Roundup." See you in seven days.

      UFO ROUNDUP: Copyright 2002 by Masinaigan Productions,
      all rights reserved. Readers may post news items from
      UFO Roundup on their websites or in ewsgroups provided
      that they credit the newsletter and its editor by name
      and list the date of issue in which the item first
      appeared.

      or use the Sighting Report Form at:

      http://ufoinfo.com/forms/form_sighting.htm

      UFOINFO: http://ufoinfo.com

      Official Archives of UFO Roundup, AUFORN Australian
      UFO Reports and Experiences, UFO + PSI Magazine, plus
      archives of Filer's Files, Oz Files, UFO News UK and
      UFO Sightings Italia.