Fwd = [ufologyinuk] Bright Lights Seen In Sky Over Cornwall, England

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 4, 2002
      Originally from: ufologyinuk-digest-help@...
      Original Subject: [ufologyinuk] Digest 4 Aug 2002 21:13:03 -0000 Issue 377
      Original Date: 4 Aug 2002 21:13:03 -0000

      Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2002 10:59:01 -0500
      To: "PD" <para-discuss@yahoogroups.com>, "OC" <oraclechasers@yahoogroups.com>,
      "V" <visited@...>, "UFO" <ufocasebook@...>,
      <aliens-Are-Real@yahoogroups.com>, <abductionforum@yahoogroups.com>,
      <ufologyinuk@...>
      From: "Billie Brinkley" <bbrink@...>
      Subject: Bright Lights Seen In Sky Over Cornwall, England

      http://ufos.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?site=3Dhttp://www.100megsfree4.com/farshores/

      August 4, 2002
      Posted Aug 3.02

      Bright Lights Seen In Sky Over Cornwall, England

      [Original headline: LIGHTS PROMPT UFO CALLS]
      Strange lights in the sky above Cornwall which were seen by a number of
      people prompted a flurry of calls to a local radio station yesterday. BBC
      Radio Cornwall dealt with the inquiries after a woman from the south-east
      of the county rang the station to report seeing lights coming down in a
      field.

      The station's Laurence Reed said the call had attracted more than its fair
      share of interest as it fired the imagination of more listeners.

      He said: "We had a call from a woman from the Camelford area who said that
      she had seen a UFO.

      "We had another man on who suggested that it might have been the
      International Space Station which was orbiting through the night sky.

      "But what it really was I'm not quite sure.

      "We have had plenty of calls about it and we had one man on air. It
      certainly seems to be a subject close to people's hearts."

      It is not the first time that the radio station has been called with
      reports of UFOs.

      In the past, many such sightings have been solved with more terrestrial
      explanations. Mr Reed said: "The last time we had one of these discussions
      it was decided that what people had seen and thought to be an
      unidentified flying object was actually the searchlights from a Newquay
      nightclub reflecting off some low-level clouds.

      "But what was seen in the Camelford area this time is still a mystery.

      "I live in that area, and I will be out on the weekend with a torch making
      my own investigations."

      Colin Stewart, who is a member of a project group which is hoping to build
      an observatory for Cornwall near Truro, said: "I work on the basis that if
      anybody had bothered to come all that way from another planet to Earth
      they would make it known that they were here.

      "Unless, of course, they were not very intelligent - but then they are
      unlikely to have been able to get here if that were the case. It is summer
      and we do get showers of meteorites which can just look like bright lights
      flashing quickly across the sky."

      Dr Robert Massey, of the Greenwich Observatory in London , said he could
      not think of an astronomical explanation for the lights.

      "There's nothing really that I can think of at the moment which would
      produce such a thing - but there are many, many different things that it
      could be," he said.

      "The planet Venus is visible at the moment quite low in the sky just after
      sunset. That is often the cause of some of these sightings.

      "It's not likely to be the International Space Station - that only looks
      like a fairly slow-moving light which takes about three or four minutes to
      go right across the sky. "It really is difficult to say what this person
      has seen."

      . Story originally published by:

      Western Morning News via thisisDevon / England - Aug 3.02