Fwd = [Paranormal_Research] UFO stops cars and electronics in city (Argentina)

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 4, 2002
      Originally from: Paranormal_Research@yahoogroups.com
      Original Subject: [Paranormal_Research] Digest Number 64
      Original Date: 3 Aug 2002 14:01:48 -0000

      *§ Paranormal_Research §* With Roots Into The Scientific Realm
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Paranormal_Research

      Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2002 22:35:57 -0700
      From: "Elaine" <MEM121@...>
      Subject: Large UFO stops cars and electronics in city.......

      ----- Rense. com ----

      Argentina - Large, Luminous UFO Stops Cars, Electronics In City From Scott
      Corrales lornis1@...
      7-24-2

      "On one occasion, two persons from a Buenos Aires TV Channel came and we
      brought them over to film [the phenomenon]. They did the work but for some
      reason never exhibited it publicly. While filming, they seemed frightened
      and one of them told me that the shining 'thing' was nothing known, that it
      was 'very strange'. They never came back." - Gabriel Olima

      By Cristina Carraz 'El Tribuno' de Salta - Argentina July 21, 2002

      An unidentified flying object (UFO) of large size and intense luminosity was
      seen on Monday between 20:50 and 21:30 hrs. in the town of Campamento
      Vespucio, seven kilometers west of General Mosconi and approximately 350 km
      to the north of the Saltan capital. The event caused a sensation in this
      community, which not long ago was the hydrocarbon-producing capital of the
      Argentinean northwest and which is half-empty after the privatization of the
      state-owned Yacimientos PetrolÌferos Fiscales (YPF) oil company. The
      presence of the object--visible to the unaided eye over the forested
      tropical hills of the San Antonio Range, which acts as the regions natural
      border, was of the size and shape of a rugby ball.

      Residents of Vespucio took to the streets to look at the object, which
      remained motionless for 40 minutes before vanishing suddenly toward the west
      at "prodigious" speed, according to witnesses. A housewife who chose to
      remain anonymous said "it was oddly beautiful. The intensity of the light
      was enormous although it produced no fear whatsoever." The same woman added
      that "we were all marvelled at first but got nervous when we realized that
      along with the phenomenon, the phones stopped working and the electrical
      systems of several cars were left for dead, making it impossible to start
      them or turn on their lights."

      Residents of the Tablillas area, some 3 km inside the canyon where
      Campamento Vespucio is located and consequently closer to the UFO, were not
      surprised by the event, since they said "we are used to seeing this singular
      luminous events since 1999, and the fact remains that whenever they appear,
      they cause failures in motor and electrical systems." Only a few families
      live in this place, all of them former workers and employees of YPF who
      chose to remain in the area after privatization, which can be reached along
      a tortuous dirt road leading to the Pan American oil company operations. The
      road also leads to onther gas and oil wells which currently register no
      services whatsoever.

      The Olima family is among the ones dwelling at Tabillas. Made up by the
      couple and 13 children--eight of which live in their parents' house and
      whose ages range between 10 and 24--were privileged witnesses to the event.
      Gabriel Olima, 22, a former engineering student who was unable to continue
      his studies due to economic hardship and who now works alongside his father
      in a workshop set up inside the house and is also a beekeper, said "we've
      seen these UFOs many times since 1999. People didn't believe us for fear or
      out of skepticism, but the apparitions are so customary that we've been able
      to determine that they're visible between July and August. Not before, not
      after." "On one occasion, two persons from a Buenos Aires TV Channel came
      and we brought them over to film [the phenomenon]. They did the work but for
      some reason never exhibited it publicly. While filming, they seemed
      frightened and one of them told me that the shining "thing" was nothing
      known, that it was "very strange". They never came back."

      On the other hand, Fabian Olima, 24, said that "this or these objects seem
      to have a timetable, because they always become visible between 20 and 21:00
      hours. They're there, they stay for 40 minutes and then vanish at high
      speed." Gabriel said that on one occasion, when "the thing" appeared behind
      a distant hill no more than 4 km from his house, he decided to have a closer
      look. "We wanted to see what it was, what it was all about. We went out with
      my dad to reach the other hill, running along some trails, but it suddenly
      built up speed and vanished like a bullet."

      "What's changed," Fabian stressed, "is the distance involved. Before we
      would see it far away, but on Monday night it was closer than ever." "Maybe
      they're becoming less shy and will come closer a little each day," joked
      other members of the Olima family.

      Translation (C) 2002. Scott Corrales, Institute of Hispanic Ufology. Special
      thanks to Gloria Coluchi.

      MainPage http://www.rense.com