Tutankhamun Conspiracy

  • Roger Anderton
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 3 8:05 AM
      Tutankhamun Conspiracy

      In an article for the Daily Mail 3 Aug. 2002, Andrew Collins and Chris Ogilivie-Herald claim that Howard Carter blackmailed the authorities after unearthing Tutankhamun's tomb, so as to prevent them from taking control of the dig from him, he also engaged in robbing the tomb. The threat he made was that he would reveal from papyri the true story of the Exodus, and hence rewrite the history of Christianity and Judaism.

      A book is coming out on this called: Tutankhamun: the Exodus Conspiracy.

      Jumping to the best bit in the paper's article:

      "So what could the missing papyri have contained that made them such a potent tool for blackmailing the British Consulate?

      "Their apparent subject matter, the Exodus, is one of the most important stories of the Bible.

      "According to the Old Testament tradition, the Hebrews came to Egypt from Canaan at a time of great famine in their own land.

      "Their patron in Egypt was Joseph - he of the many-coloured coat - who had been sold into slavery by his brothers, only to become powerful at the pharaoh's court because of his ability to interpret dreams.

      "The new settlers - known as the children of Israel, the name taken by Joseph's father, Jacob - multiplied so strongly that the Egyptians eventually came to see them as a threat and forced them into slavery.

      "All of the male babies were ordered to be slaughtered to keep their population down, but one child escaped - hidden in the bulrushes by his parents and rescued by the Egyptian king's own daughter.

      "His name was Moses and, though a Hebrew by birth, he was brought up as an Egyptian and became a mighty general of the pharaoh's army before fleeing the country after killing an Egyptian who had been beating an Israelite.

      "For 40 years, he lived in the wilderness, and it was here that 'the one true God' appeared to him in the form of a burning bush and charged him with leading his people out of Egypt, so that they might go 'unto a good land - flowing with milk and honey.'

      "Moses returned to Egypt and demanded the release of his people. When this was refused, devastating plagues were brought down upon the country until finally the pharaoh relented and allowed the Israelites to leave.

      "This was the start of the Exodus and the wandering of the Israelites until they found their promised land back in Palestine.

      "Such, at least, is the Bible story. But by the time Carter issued his threat to reveal 'the true account' contained in the papyri, experts had already begun to challenge this orthodox version.

      "Among them was a British Egyptologist by the name of Arthur Weigall, who was a leading authority on Tutankhamun's half-brother and predecessor as pharaoh, Akhenaten.

      "Akhenaten was the husband of the beautiful Queen Nefertiti. He was famous for having broken away from the traditional polytheism - worship of multiple gods - that had been practised in Egypt for nearly 2000 years before he came to power.

      "In its place, he adopted an early form of monotheism based on belief in 'Aten', an all-powerful force symbolised by the light and heat of the sun's rays.

      "Akhenaten forbade the worship of any other god or goddess. He banished their priests, allowed their temples to fall into ruin and outlawed all forms of idolatry.

      "For believers in the old ways, this was an heretical and deeply traumatic upheaval. Akhenaten's reign ended suddenly after just 12 or 13 years, and under his successor, Tutankhamun, the old religions were restored.

      "As the years passed, the Egyptians did everything they could to wipe out all memories of Akhenaten and his betrayal of their ancient traditions.

      "To Arthur Weigall, however, there were clear links between Akhenaten's beliefs and 'the worship of the true God' by modern Christians and Jews.

      "For example, Weigall identified uncanny similarities between Psalm 104 and the hieroglyphic ode to the omnipotent powers of the sun-god, known as the 'Hymn to the Aten,' said to have been composed by Akhenaten himself.

      "In Weigall's opinion, it was the 'undoubted original' of the psalm.

      "Weigall also argued that it was during Tutankhamun's reign that the Israelites had led Egypt.

      "Crucially, he suggested that Moses was not an Israelite by birth but an Egyptian priest who had remained loyal to Akhenaten's 'Aten' religion and fled the country to pursue his faith with a band of fellow believers.

      "These were radical ideas, but Weigall was not an entirely lone voice. A decade later, psychoanalyst Sigmund Freud would express the same basic hypothesis.

      "He put forward some provocative evidence to back up the thesis, including the fact that the Hebrew word for 'Lord' - Adonai, or Adon - becomes Aten, the name of the sun-god, when written in Egyptian

      "........In a story not unlike the biblical account of the Exodus, the ancient Egyptian historian Manetho, writing about 250 BC, recorded how one pharaoh had expelled 'lepers' and 'impure people' from Egypt.

      "These so-called lepers included 'some of the learned priests', one of whom - named Osarsiph - became the leader and ordered them not to 'worship the Egyptian gods' and to follow their own religious laws instead.

      "Later, according to Manetho, Osarsiph changed his name to Moses. Not surprisingly, the idea that the Jews were descended from lepers was seen by subsequent writers as a particularly unpleasant piece of anti-Semitism.

      "But it seems possible that rather than referring to victims of physical illness, Manetho was writing about people with (in the eyes of opponents) heretical religious beliefs. Other ancient works have similar stories about a diseased or polluted people forced out of Egypt, led on their way by an Egyptian.

      "Often this is said to have happened at the time of a plague, with the king seeking to placate his people by expelling the 'unclean' minority who were being blamed for the epidemic.

      "Scholars have often dismissed these stories..... ***

      "Evidence shows that, around Tutankhamun's time, Egypt's northern empire was indeed in the grip of a ferocious plague.

      "It decimated the population, taking the lives of countless individuals, and was destined to wreak havoc for at least 20 to 30 years. It is quite possible to see the stories of the plagues in the killings of Egypt's firstborn on the night of the Passover, as having their roots in this terrible affliction.

      "There would have been little doubt that the Egyptian people would have looked for someone to blame.

      "An obvious candidate was their former king. It must have seemed obvious - Akhenaten's choice of one god above all others had angered their old deities. The plague was divine retribution because the deposed gods of the old pantheon had not been appeased with suitable offerings and sacrifices.

      "If this was so, what better way to placate these angered gods than to drive out all the remaining followers of the Aten, along with any other suspicious-looking foreigners and settlers?...........

      "By the evidence of Carnarvon's own letters, it is apparent that he was privy to the existence of the papyri. But was he also aware of their contents? And if so, does this strange saga cast any light on his mysterious and unpleasant death, barely five months after the tomb was opened?

      "Some have blamed his tragedy on the curse of Tutankhamun, but the truth may be even stranger."

      So? The Curse of Tutankhamun was about covering up the true details about the origins of Christianity and Judaism??

      ** "Scholars have often dismissed these stories....." - is a standard methodology used by scholars to ignore evidence that contradicts their Beliefs. There is a lot that is ignored. One finds it everywhere in ufology, particularly around the life of Nikola Tesla, Boscovich, Einstein et al. Scholars have perfected these skills over thousands of years, every now and then they get assistance with disposing of any embarrassing evidence - all Conspiracies are part of the same 'one'- cover up anything that is religiously embarrassing etc., so that the majority can continue believing the fiction they have been taught.

      www.einsteinconspiracy.co.uk

    • cleefs50@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 3 8:27 AM
        I found this piece extremely interesting. Thanks for posting it!
        Lee

        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Stories by Lee and Friends <A HREF="http://www.angelfire.com/zine2/stories/index.html">Stories</A>
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        <A HREF="http://www.angelfire.com/stars3/barbelo/index.html">Barbelo</A> Site about strangeness, unexplained events, UFOs, and perhaps
        something you can relate to. Also, check out great book for sale THE
        UNIVERSAL SEDUCTION:Piercing the Veils of Deception by Angelico Tapestra. <A HREF="http://www.booksurge.com/author.php3?accountID=IMPR00229">
        Tapestra</A>
      • Jane S. Derry
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 3 10:57 AM
          That is definitely an interesting twist to the
          story. You know how they say, history is recorded by the victors of some
          war. LOL!! But boy, when you tell someone that the books of the Bible
          were written by man, they get all huffy and blow up!!!
          Tianca