Fwd = China Says Crop Circles Appeared There 3,000-Years-Ago

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 3, 2002
      Original Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 12:37:47 -0500

      Posted Aug 1.02

      China Says Crop Circles Appeared There 3,000-Years-Ago
      [Original headline: Crop formations circle planet]

      One of the first documented reports of a crop circle formation - the
      unexplained geometric designs that occur in fields of wheat and corn -
      appeared in 1678 Stirlingshire, Scotland. But this phenomenon was
      largely ignored until the 1970s and 80s when formations began to
      appear with increasing frequency around the globe. Today most
      countries - with the exception of China - are said to have experienced
      crop circle phenomena.

      Yet is China really devoid of these unusual creations? Certainly, if
      someone or something is trying to communicate with mankind through
      patterns carved into crops, China's sizable population could not be
      ignored.

      Western experts have obviously failed to carefully consider the data
      from this country. One only has to refer to the work of Zhang Hui, a
      research fellow at the Xinjiang Museum in Urumqi, to find evidence
      that suggests China - with its long history - experienced crop circle
      phenomena long before any other civilization on the planet.

      Zhang claims to have harvested more than 20 stone patterns appearing
      to match crop circle formations from other countries, but pre-dating
      them by up to 3,000 years.

      After discovering several of these stone circle patterns, which range
      from simple circles to more elaborate shapes, in the grasslands of
      Qinghe County beside the Sino-Mongolian border, Zhang was intrigued.
      He quickly headed to Beijing to consult Chinese translations of
      reference works by British crop circle experts.

      He was amazed by the similarities.

      Zhang believes the primitive people of the region, after witnessing
      the formation of actual crop circles, concluded that the designs were
      a form of communication from the gods and responded in kind to the
      divine messages by placing rocks in the shape of the circles.

      For Zhang, these stone arrangements prove China has experienced crop
      circle phenomena - possibly more recently than imagined.

      According to Zhang, one rare eyewitness described seeing a crop circle
      appear in a Northeast China field in only a short time while he was in
      the company of Red Guards. However, as the event occurred during the
      "cultural revolution" (1966-76), when such superstition was illegal,
      the account went undocumented.

      If crop circles are an attempt at communication from an unknown
      source, then what is this source and who is supposed to receive the
      message?

      Humans, being ego-centric creatures, naturally assume the messages
      hidden in the crop circles are meant for mankind. But what about the
      other species inhabiting our planet. As in Douglas Adam's novel, "So
      long and thanks for all the fish" - where dolphins were actually alien
      observers studying the human race as a psychologist studies rats in a
      maze - humans may not be the most advanced species on the earth.

      Possibly, the messages are meant for the legions of cockroach species
      which inhabit the darker corners of our daily life. After all,
      following mankind's inevitable self-destruction in a nuclear
      holocaust, cockroaches will be the only creatures left alive.

      Story originally published by:
      Shanghai Star / China | Rosanne Lin - Aug 1.02

      All Copyrights © are acknowledged.
      Material reproduced here is for educational & research purposes only.

    • BALAMB@AOL.COM
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 29, 2002
        Dear Frits,
        I read this forwarded article with real interest, since I am a
        researcher of crop circles in England for twelve consecutive years, a
        lecturer and author of a crop circle book: Crop Circles Revealed,
        co-authored with Judith K. Moore.
        I learned several years ago that there were (and are) crop circles that
        currently happen in China. I have seen photos of them from Professor Sun Shi
        Li. They are not as complex and elaborate as they are in England, but they
        do appear in the grain fields of China. In China there are also many UFO
        sightings and abductions. It's just that we do not hear about them in the
        Western part of the world.
        If you hear of any further information about crop circles in China or
        anywhere else in the world (other than England, where the phenomenon is well
        researched and reported) please let me know. I will soon be going to India
        for a month, and am eager to learn about the crop circles that reportedly
        happen there.
        Many thanks....all best wishes,
        Barbara Lamb