Washington F-16 Scramble to chase UFO - FOX Transcript

  • visions
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 27, 2002
      From: Kenny Young <ufo@...>
      To: UFO UpDates - Toronto <ufoupdates@...>
      Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 22:21:32 -0700
      Subject: F-16 Scramble - FOX Transcript

      Many thanks to FOX NEWS Channel for their sober reportage and
      investigation (ongoing, hopefully) of the F-16 scramble near
      Andrews AFB on July 26, 2002. The following transcript is a
      word-for-word rundown of their report, as I caught on video as
      it was broadcast. Note the clear emphasis the reportage placed
      on the discrepancies from ground witness testimony vs. (alleged)
      pilot testimony. Again, thanks to FOX News for some cutting edge
      journalism here.

      Transcript of FOX NEWScast, dated JULY 26, 2002 around 7:40 p.m.
      E.D.T.

      SHEPARD SMITH: The night time skies over the nation's capital
      alive with blue and orange lights streaking across the sky, so
      say a lot of panicked people who called in to a radio station,
      no joke here. American fighter jets in hot pursuit... NORAD
      confirmed to FOX News that 2 F-16s did scramble, but found
      nothing! A mystery in the sky above Andrews Air Force Base...
      that's the one The President uses. Fox report now from Brian
      Wilson live in our D.C. newsroom. Brian?

      BRIAN WILSON: Fair to say, Shepard. A lot more questions than
      answers at this point, but something strange was going on in
      the Maryland night sky.

      Here is what we know; 1:00 a.m. the folks at NORAD saw something
      they couldn't identify in Maryland airspace, not far from the
      nation's capitol. The track it was taking caused them some
      concern so they scrambled 2 DC Air National Guard jets to check
      things out.

      Now, DC Air National Guard confirms that 2 F-16s from the 113th
      Wing were vectored to intercept whatever it was that NORAD was
      worried about. However, when the pilots got where they were
      supposed to be, they said they didn't see anything when they
      arrived on the scene.

      Now the folks at NORAD would not provide details about the exact
      location, direction or speed of the object they were tracking.

      Now independently, a number of folks who live in Waldorf,
      Maryland, which is not far from Andrews Air Force Base and not
      far from the nation's capitol, called local radio station WTOP
      to say that about the same, they witnessed a fast moving, bright
      blue light in the sky. They go on to claim that the light was
      being chased by military jets.

      One witness tells the radio station that the jets were right on
      its tail. Quote: "as the thing would move, a jet was right
      behind it..." end of quote.

      An investigation is underway. But National Guard spokesman
      Captain Sheldon Smith says, and this is another quote, "We don't
      have any information about funny lights."

      By the way, this just happens to be the 50th anniversary of a
      series of still-unexplained sightings over the nation's
      capitol, a story that made banner-headline news in 1952.
      Shepard, we'll continue to watch for this.

      SHEPARD SMITH: And now it can be told... Brian Wilson, live in
      Washington.

      END OF TRANSCRIPT
      Typed from videotape of FOX NEWS 7:00 p.m. E.D.T. newscast

      Filed,
      Kenny Young, 7-27-02