RE: [UFOnet] Fwd = UFO UpDate: Re: To Skeptics Reading This List - Hebert

  • Gary Willliam Murning
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 2, 2002
      > What is wrong with being a skeptic? What is so wrong about being
      > skeptical? Why are people labeled "Skeptics" on this list and
      > other lists as if they have some type of horrible disease?

      Hmmm... well, speaking as someone with a healthy skeptical streak, I'd say,
      as a skeptic, that the tendency to be skeptical CAN, under certain
      circumstances, blind us to certain facts. But this isn't exclusive to
      skeptics. Belief, disbelief or 'enquiring open-mindedness', we ALL have to
      be careful that our stand-points don't 'colour' our 'ideas'.

      Gary

      Email: gary@...
      Website: www.garymurning.co.uk

      Need to contact me urgently?