Re: [UFOnet] morphology

  • Linette Sukup
    Message 1 of 19 , Jul 1, 2002
      Thank you, Lee. Are you a bird person, as I am?

      Peace.
      Linette

      Message 2 of 19 , Jul 1, 2002
        Linette;
        I appreciate animals in general. Birds are a magnificent lot, the thought of
        them having been evolved from reptiles is amazing. We used to keep pigeons
        and parakeets. It was exciting to see the new babies hatch from the clutch,
        whether it was a parakeet or a pigeon. I have rescued many sparrows and
        other finches as well as blue jays and starlings. I don't have the time to
        tend to these critters anymore. Right now the only birds we have are
        chickens. My husband is tinkering in their care as a hobby. The fresh eggs
        are great but I hate hearing all his roosters crowing. LOL...

        Lee

        ~~~~~~~~~~

        Message 3 of 19 , Jul 1, 2002
          If you are asking about the appendix that is inside of us, it was larger in
          ancient times because it was a filter of sorts for poisonous foods. As man
          evolved and became more aware of his own needs and surroundings, he
          controlled his food intake and the appendix atrophied to its current size.
          Like the tonsils, which helps to ward off colds and infections, its job is no
          longer as important as it once was.

          Lee

          Message 4 of 19 , Jul 1, 2002
            (i) A monkey's baby ?
            (ii) Boah - I don't know. To cause
            problems when you are in high spirits ?

            With nictitating
            greetings, Px
          • Linette Sukup
            Message 5 of 19 , Jul 1, 2002
              I have a ring-necked dove. He is 13 years old.
              I sometimes wonder what the voices of passenger pigeons were like? Also, did
              dinosaurs chirp or coo? (Lol.)

              Message 6 of 19 , Jul 3, 2002
                If you are talking the large dinos, I sincerely doubt that they did a soft,
                gentle coo. Some have hollow bones in their head that scientists know were
                more like blowing hard into plastic tubing. One paleontologist demonstrated
                this on some show, and it sort of sounded like a fog horn.

                Lee