OT FWD: [SLF] GSM interceptors

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 4, 1999
      From: L J Strand <director@...>
      Subject: Re: GSM interceptors:are they real thing?

      There is a "simple" device constructed by a modified GSM phone and a
      lap-top computer, that could intercept conversations or data
      transfers. It works like this: If you know your targets phone number,
      you dial that number on your kit. (this demands that you are logged in
      to the same main antenna, with the same same service provider as the
      target.) When he makes a call your phone will receive the same as the
      targets, this will also work for incoming calls as well. De biggest
      drawback of this system is that you must know your targets number,
      service provider and location to log in to the same antenna. (you can
      use another antennas to, but then your interception could be reveled
      by the phone company.) Just so you know, we do NOT sell these systems,
      we are only users of them. (where it's legal!)

      Yours Sincerely;
      L J Strand
      INTERNATIONAL SECURITY AGENCY
      www.intersec.org
      Tel: Int+46 (0)8-645 22 82 (09.00am-05.00pm C.E.T.)
      Fax/Data: Int+46 (0)8-645 22 82 (24h)
      Fax/Data: Int+46 (0)8-645 22 82 (24h)
      PoBox 167, S-162 12 V-By, Stockholm, Sweden