Filer's Files #22

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 4, 1999
      Filer's Files #22 --1999, MUFON Skywatch Investigations
      George A. Filer, Mutual UFO Network Eastern Director,
      June 4, 1999, Majorstar@... (609) 654-0020

      UFO reports decrease in US, but increase in Canada, Mexico and the UK.

      FLORIDA

      GAINESVILLE - On Friday, May 7, 1999, Cheryl Kirkland and her
      boyfriend we re traveling west on NW 39th Avenue between Main and NW
      6th Streets, Alachua County. Cheryl said, "I was in the passenger
      seat, while my boyfriend was driving when I noticed three objects in
      the distance on my side ahead at 8:1 5 PM. As we got closer, I
      realized that they were floating, not flying. I know they were not
      birds since I am a bird enthusiast and have experience in bird
      identification. They were three "balls" dark gray to black in
      appearance and were in a vertical triangular formation (not a
      triangular flight pattern horizontal and parallel to the ground). I
      thought that they were perhaps balloons but decided they were rather
      large to be balloons and did not think three balloons would float and
      remain in a triangular pattern. They were the size of a small
      automobile. Two of the balls moved up and down. I said, "What are
      those three balls in the sky -- slow down!" We drove at 30 mph and
      slower. They flew right by in a perfect spherical shape .. My
      boyfriend slowed down and glanced over and saw the objects, but could
      no t get a good look. I told him to pull over. He said he couldn't.
      I yelled, "Pull over." He argued, "There's no place to pull over!"
      He was able to drive slowly, while I kept my eye on the objects. Then
      they just vanished. My boyfriend said he did briefly see three objects
      and they were moving up and down. I called the police, but the
      officer I spoke with seemed skeptical. He told me to call the local
      TV station. I spoke to the local T V meteorologist, who said there
      were no weather balloons in this area. He suggested they may have
      been reflections from the sun. However, they were not shiny. They
      were dark balls and definitely solid objects. The UFO was sighted for
      3 to-4 minutes at 1/4 mile. Thanks to Ben Field BUFOD:
      http://www.abcfield.foirce9.co.uk

      TEXAS

      KARNES CITY -- Michael Harvey writes that in the summer of 1971, I was
      working the night shift for Conoco Oil Company at an open pit uranium
      mine west of Karnes City. I was one of six people operating
      Caterpillar 657B earth movers. We were down to about 210 feet deep
      when this incident happened. It was about 11:10 PM, just after shift
      change. We were getting ready to crank our machines, when the 85 acre
      pit lit up as if it was daylight. The light was so bright that I had
      to squint because it hurt my eyes. I remember hearing a high pitched
      hissing noise and the hair on my arms stood on end. I was so scared!
      I fell to the ground and started praying. I remember trying to look
      up, but the light was so bright I could not. After about two minutes,
      the light started getting dimmer and I could finally look up at it.
      What I saw amazed me. The object was round and the bright light was
      coming from the center of the bottom of the UFO. Around th e
      perimeter of the craft were hundreds of penlight size light beams that
      alternated in all colors of the spectrum. Now, I know they were laser
      beams .. The UFO was rising up slowly at first and then went straight
      up out of sigh t in about 10 seconds. I was crying and shaking and so
      was everyone else. Th e other shift workers thought we were crazy
      when we told them what had happened. But, we got the last laugh.
      This is how we proved the sighting actually happened. There is a vein
      of uranium ore that runs from George, West Texas to almost Texarkana,
      Texas. When determining where to place a uranium mine, the following
      steps are accomplished: (1) A geologist with a Geiger counter flies
      over the area and finds the highest radiation reading. (2) Drilling
      trucks are sent out and core samples are drilled to determine the
      highest concentration of ore. These core samples are drilled in a
      grid pattern and every core sample is given a tracking number and
      logged in showing the concentration and amount of uranium present. (3)
      The open pit mine is then laid out according to these core samples.
      When this UFO incident happened, we were about two feet away from a
      layer of hard rock called the "tap rock" that lies directly on top of
      the uranium ore. The uranium ore varied in depth from 6 to 18 inches
      and had about the same brown color as low grade coal. Two days after
      this incident, the tap rock was removed to expose the uranium ore. We
      were astounded to find that the uranium ore was now a chalky white
      substance that had NO radioactivity at all! There was a 250 foot
      diameter circle of this chalky material in the center of the pit.
      Outside of the circle, the uranium ore was still as potent as before
      the incident. Core samples do not lie. This chalky material was
      uranium before this incident. Many a night I have thought abou t what
      happened and wondered why the UFO needed the uranium? Thanks to M.
      Harvey Sam Rayburn Lake, TX mharve@...

      ARIZONA CONTRAILS AND UFO

      PHOENIX -- Gary Graham was shooting photographs of strange contrails
      on May 7, 1999, at 10:00 AM. He was later interviewed by Linda
      Moulton Howe on the Art Bell show. Gary stated, "I've been kind of
      interested in the contrails and been taking pictures of them for the
      last several months. And so, I looked up into the sky and the sky was
      just full of contrails that morning, including an X. I've seen a lot
      of contrails up there, but not an X every single time." Snip. Linda
      asked, "WHAT DID YOU SEE?" Gary stated, "When I first looked at this,
      it looked almost like a round, metallic ball in the sky. I kind of
      focused in over the roof of my next door neighbor's house an d just
      outside one of the clouds up there and fairly close to one of the
      contrails. There was this round, metallic, ball-looking thing. And
      then right next to that, fairly close to it, there was a dark spot on
      the film. I zoomed in on it and could still see what appeared to be
      kind of a round metallic object up there, but then the two dark spots
      -- or actually, the dark spot -- looked like two dark spots. It
      looked to me as if it could be a couple of military jets." Thanks to
      Gary Graham and Linda Moulton Howe. Se e photos on: Contrail
      Connection http://www.contrailconnection.com/lmh1.htm
      garyariz@...

      BRITISH COLUMBIA, CANADA UFO SIGHTINGS

      Last week we reported on four major UFO sightings in the Surrey
      Corridor between May 21 and 23, 1999. Bill Oliver UFO*BC reports
      there have been numerous UFO sightings this year over British
      Columbia. The first sighting occurred in January when Richard was
      traveling east on Zero Avenue, when he saw a wedge-shaped aircraft
      stationary above the power lines. It was 'so low,' and displaying
      white flashing lights. Richard had two other sightings .. MAPLE
      RIDGE: On April 20, 1999, a couple who saw at 9:15 PM a small
      pulsating light approaching at only 250 feet above the ground. When
      the light became stationary, all the lights in the town went out!
      About ten minutes later they saw a big white flash and a meteor-like
      streak heading in a northwestern direction, towards Pitt Lake. They
      heard a "rushing wind sound" and the city lights then came back on.
      BC Hydro confirmed that Maple Ridge had an eleven minute transmission
      feed loss into a substation at 9:15 PM. CRESCENT BEACH -- On 22-April,
      a couple saw a brilliant flash of light in th e night sky replaced by
      a circular spinning red light. The object moved out o f sight after a
      30 second viewing. Five days later a man and a woman came upo n
      several swirls of grass laid down and woven in an area of high grass,
      that may have been caused by the UFO. The pattern was about 15 feet
      in diameter and was very apparent in the otherwise normal grass area.
      RICHMOND -- George, Linda and their 11-year-old son were driving south
      acros s Oak Street Bridge May 1, 1999. Linda said, "What's that?"
      She pointed at a square, flat object "floating" about 1000 to 1500
      feet above the ground. It had 8 "flood lights" on the front, white in
      color and steady in their illumination. At Shell Road, the object
      passed overhead at 10:00 PM displaying an underside view of "aluminum
      sheeting." This object made no discernible noise and no power source
      could be seen. The craft was seen for 15 to 20 seconds and appeared
      to be heading towards Steveston Highway instea d of the Vancouver
      Airport. The estimated speed was 150 mph and although it lacked
      "depth," it appeared to be the size of a Boeing 737. George phoned
      the control tower, but was told they had nothing unusual on radar.
      This is the third sighting of very, very thin rectangular objects.
      SURREY - On May 3, 1999, at 9:30 PM, Gilan (9) and his ten-year-old
      sister saw 30 blue lights surrounding a large blue ball, which they
      watched for 4 minutes. On May 7, 1999, a boy resting in his bed
      looked out the window 10:45 PM, saw a bright white shiny circle move
      south across the sky. The object was the size of a penny at arm's
      length.

      WHITE ROCK -- Debbie was attending to her young son, in his bedroom on
      April 27, when a blast of blue light entered the room through the
      horizontal blind s at 4:30 AM. Looking onto the street from another
      window she was astonished to see a cluster of 8 to 12 rectangular
      lights beamed onto the road in front of her neighbor's driveway. The
      lights were stationary and covered an area about 8 by 8 feet. She
      could also sense a really deep hum. After viewing this for about ten
      seconds she was so shocked she returned to her son's room .. As she
      did so, a blast of white light came from the back of her house in th e
      Dogwood Park area. Looking into the park, she could see the white
      light of a UFO amongst the trees. On May 7, 1999, Johan was driving
      down Fir Street at 9:00 PM, when he saw a large yellow, and blue-gray
      patch of light traveling across the water in an easterly direction.
      He estimates the object was "300 meters in diameter"! The light
      appeared to be pulsating. He viewed it from his car for about 30
      seconds. On May 8, a couple and their two children were driving
      southeast on Highway #99. Upon reaching 152nd Street at 9:30 PM they
      saw a large wedge-shaped craft approaching slowly, at a very low
      altitude. It had a bright white light in the center, a blue light on
      one side and a red light on the other side. A small conventional
      airplane flew diagonally across its path! The wedge-shaped craft
      veered south towards White Rock. Total viewing time was at least 4
      minutes. On May 9, Kevin and a friend were also driving south on
      Highway #99 when the y spotted a "stealth" aircraft stationary about
      100 feet above the trees at 10:15 PM. The object displayed four
      headlights. Shortly afterwards they observed a "starburst" in the
      clear night sky, the color being orange to red .. When the light
      display faded away, the craft began to move away slowly. At this
      point a red and blue flashing light appeared, one at each wing tip.
      Th e object had been above the highway 4 minutes. The airport said,
      their radar coverage is limited to 1,000 feet and above, and that they
      had nothing to report at this time. Fifteen minutes later, Aliza,
      Sasha and Jennifer were leaving McDonalds at 10:30 PM, when Sasha
      spotted a "HUGE" boomerang-shaped object slowly approaching at a very
      low level. They stopped the car and got out to gaze a t it as it
      passed silently overhead. It had 6 to 8 broad beamed red, green an d
      white "headlights" flashing on and off, but not sequentially. The
      lights like an "image" in the clear night sky. After 8 seconds, the
      object disappeared from view in an instant! All three young women
      were strongly affected by what they saw. On May 19, 1999, Laura and a
      friend saw a large white triangle come down vertically over White Rock
      at 11:44 PM. It was the "size of her fist held at arm's length.
      BURNABY - The next night, on May 10, Sid and Leon were on Burnaby
      Mountain when they spotted a "massive," long craft below the tops of
      the trees at 10:43 PM. It initially appeared stationary, but started
      moving slowly, with no discernible noise. The right side facing them
      had a yellow light, a long red light and a blue to green or gray
      light. They viewed it for 6 to 8 minutes. Twenty minutes later it
      returned, with the light configuration in reverse. VICTORIA, Two
      nights later on 12 May a married couple was at the gazebo a favorite
      UFO viewing spot at the University of Victoria. They were looking
      eastward across the Straits of Juan De Fuca, towards Vancouver, when
      they saw a bright light, the color of fire, indulge in high speed
      erratic motions around 9:00 PM. They watched it for about 8 minutes
      before it lande d or disappeared into the ocean? The light was 1/2
      the size of a dime held at arm's length. A few minutes later, another
      fiery object appeared in the sam e spot and "danced" around the sky in
      an identical manner. After eight minutes, this triangular shaped
      object also disappeared in a similar manner. Later, a third yellow to
      gold object appeared and repeated the antics of the two previous
      objects for about 8 minutes before disappearing. MUD BAY -- On May 14,
      1999, a married couple was walking along Mud Bay at 8:15 PM, when they
      saw a 35 foot long 'black thing.' It had an upright 'tai l fin'
      traveling through the water from marker to marker. It made no sound
      an d left no wake! The man is convinced it was neither a sea lion nor
      a whale. At 8:30 PM they were on the road near "1000 Steps" at
      Crescent Beach when they saw on the road an orange spot of light about
      ten feet in diameter. RICHMOND - On May 15, 1999, two people observed
      two red objects high in th e sky at 9:15 PM. The objects were seen
      for a two or three minutes and displayed unusual flight patterns
      flying from right to left and then reversing. They did not maintain a
      consistent light as they blinked randoml y without sequence for the
      total sighting time. Thanks to Louise A. Lowry and Bill Oliver UFO*BC
      oliver2849@...

      CONTRAILS OVER BRITISH COLUMBIA, CANADA

      VANCOUVER -- On May 21, 1999, more unusual contrail or 'chemtrail'
      patterns were seen again. This was probably the "heaviest" day since
      mid-April. The first sighting was at 12:30 PM, was a single odd
      looking contrail to the east, which was "bent" at a fairly sharp
      almost 90 degree angle, looking lik e an "L" floating in the sky. By
      2:30 PM, we noticed several contrails off in the west that noticeably
      expanded, and formed 'beads' along the bottom of it , like 'drips.'
      Over the next two hours the western half of the sky became filled with
      six contrails, that became very thick. Most were horizontal and
      parallel to each other, while another one crossed the sky at an odd
      looking angle. I noticed a large X type pattern composed of a large,
      very thick, translucent looking contrail and a narrower but still
      large contrail. At about 4:00, another, even bolder X was seen. I've
      noticed many of the large r contrails seem to appear out of nowhere.
      No planes are heard or seen. The contrails were at a lower altitude
      than the cumulous clouds at 6,000 to 12,000 feet and too low for
      normal contrail formation. On May 26, 1999, the "contrails" were seen
      en masse today. Since 11:30 AM, the activity was virtually nonstop.
      There were numerous contrails in all directions, including large Xs
      and "grid patterns" with four crossing each other overhead. Some of
      the contrails are *very* thick and wide, others are thinner. Some
      looked very low in altitude, others were higher up. I observed a low
      flying twin engine plane that repeatedly circled overhead. Using my
      binoculars I could see its landing gear was down, and it had a
      flashing light on its tail. It did not leave a noticeable contrail,
      since i t was too low for any normal contrail formation. Later, I
      observed a vaporish "contrail" like pattern that began to develop as
      it cut through the sky. A second and third contrail developed and
      they all seemed to blend into one bi g one. The contrails slowly
      developed and thickened after repeated flybys of the aircraft, rather
      than simply being initially "sprayed out" in the usual noticeable
      manner. That area of the sky was then later filled with the big wide
      low level contrails. Thanks to Paul Anderson Director The Millennium
      Project Web: http://persweb.direct.ca/psa

      MEXICO

      PUEBLA - On June 1, 1999, three UFOs were filmed by Mexican Television
      ove r the city of Puebla in broad daylight. Mexican television has
      shown at least three UFOs hanging over the city of Puebla southeast of
      the Mexican capital. Judging by the film shown by "Atsteka" television
      the UFOs were visible in the sky for around five minutes. The
      phenomenon had been watched on Monday morning by dozens of people.
      They said, the UFOs, were rather large, and were lined up in space
      eight kilometers wide. The UFOs had a silver color, a round shape and
      emanated a powerful light. One of them quickly disappeared, while the
      other two moved southwest, flying at a very high speed. Mexican Civil
      Aviation officials have not given any explanation of the incident yet.
      Channel 9 in Chile also carried the video report as part of its
      breaking new s reports of UFO sightings over South America. Thanks to
      Guillermo Alarcon ufoalarcon@...

      CHILE

      SANTIAGO -- Guillermo Alarcon reports that on Saturday, May 19, 1999,
      Channe l 7 showed a video of a UFO over the Chilean capital in broad
      daylight. The program was broadcast at 10:00 PM, on a breaking news
      report. There was als o another UFO image filmed the night before.
      Thanks to: Guillermo Alarcon ufoalarcon@... Editor's Note: The
      government of Chile is working with UFO investigators to investigate
      various UFO reports. They are taking a ver y open stance concerning
      the intruding UFOs. It would be refreshing if the US government would
      do likewise.

      UNITED KINGDOM METEOROLOGISTS SEE UFO

      WESSENDEN RESERVOIR -- John Morris age 48 reports that he and a
      colleague ha d a sighting of a UFO on Friday, May 28, 1999, at 11:30
      AM. John states: "I viewed a metallic craft, triangular in
      dimensions; approaching some forty feet in length, from tip to tip."
      Said craft was in view for some 45 seconds, flying at high speed and
      amazing versatility some six feet above th e ground. It disappeared
      over the crest of a hill above rolling moorland. Th e nearest town is
      Huddersfield. The weather conditions were clear and dry wit h a calm
      wind. No sound was heard. The craft flew amazingly close to the
      ground following the rolling hills at about six feet. A video was
      made of the craft. There was no missing time experienced and
      permission is granted to publish this report. Thanks to Ben Field
      BUFOD: http://www.abcfield.foirce9.co.uk Editor's Note: We would
      like to get copy of these videos to place in the Air Victory Museum's,
      UFO exhibits.

      HOW TO STOP ABDUCTIONS

      Wes Clark writes, "The abductees we work with have had great success
      in stopping abductions by calling for help from Jesus. The book of
      Acts should be read because it has many parallels with the present day
      UFO abduction phenomena. We are not trying to tell anyone what they
      should believe, we ar e reporting -- what our cases have proved. I am
      reporting on what I have foun d in some not-so-ancient Greek writings.
      It's amazing how few things have changed in the enemy's tactics since
      the first century. In the Acts of the Apostles Chapter 19, Paul
      writes:

      "A team of itinerant Jews who were traveling from town to town casting
      out demons planned to experiment by using the name of the Lord Jesus.
      The incantation they decided on was this: "I adjure you by Jesus, whom
      Paul preaches, to come out! Seven Sons Of Sceva, a Jewish priest,
      were doing this. But when they tried it on a man possessed by a
      demon, the demon replied, "I know Jesus and I know Paul, but who are
      you?" And he leaped on two of them and beat them up, so that they
      fled out of his house naked and badly injured. The story of what
      happened spread quickly all through Ephesus, to Jews and Greeks alike;
      and a solemn fear descended on the city, and the name of the Lord
      Jesus was greatly honored. Many of the believers who had been
      practicing black magic confessed their deeds and brought their
      incantation books and charms and burned them at a public bonfire."
      Acts 19, verse 13 to 19.

      Wes further states, "The implications of this record are tremendous!
      These seven brothers tried to do what many of their contemporaries
      were successfully doing -- casting out evil spirits, also known as
      "Space Pals" i n the name of Jesus Christ! This is EXACTLY what
      today's former abductees hav e done! The reason these guys were not
      successful is because they used the name of Jesus like a magic word,
      like "abra cadabra." They weren't using th e power of the name of
      Christ with any authority because at that point, they had no personal
      relationship with Jesus Christ, hence, no Sonship rights. (Reference
      Romans 8:16-17.) This evil spirit recognized that right away, hence
      his statement, "Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are YOU?" It
      recognized, of course, the power and authority of Jesus Christ, and
      also Paul, who as a joint-heir with Christ, used the name with
      authority. These seven brothers however did not have that authority.
      The evil spirit saw their bluff and called them on it, and as the
      story points out, they took quite a beating. This also by the way
      suggests that demonic entities can manifest physically as the wounds
      these guys received were obviously physical. The people of Ephesus
      were able to understand something that we today, cannot seem to grasp
      -- the power of Jesus Christ. There is absolutely no mystery about if
      it exists, what the source of it is, or what it all means. Not only
      does it suggest the reality of spiritual warfare. I t also suggests
      it is not a game for spiritual lightweights and/or people who don't
      know what they're talking about. This is unlike all the ambiguous
      double talk shrouded in mystery that we get from many sources. If one
      must attack these findings, one must attack the cases. To do that,
      one must call them liars, and to do that, one must call every abductee
      who ever came forward with their story a liar. Thanks to Wesley M.
      Clark, wclark59@...

      HEAVIEST HURRICANE SEASON EVER PREDICTED. Fourteen major hurricanes
      are predicted during the next 6 months by the U.S. National Hurricane
      Center.

      UFO CONFERENCES: June 5 & 6, The 9th UFO/ET Congress at the Days Inn,
      Rt. 20 6 Bordentown, NJ. For more information call Pat Marcattilio at
      (609) 631-8955 or Tom Benson (609) 883-6921. Derrel Sims, implant
      investigator and Bob Durant on Roswell are two of the scheduled
      speakers. On July 2-4, 30th Annual MUFON 1999 International UFO
      Symposium at Hyatt Regency Crystal City Hotel in Arlington Virginia.
      E-mail mufonhq@...

      TAPE OF EDWARDS AIR FORCE BASE UFO ENCOUNTER

      Lunar Astronaut Dr. Edgar Mitchell was at Edwards the night the UFO
      chase occurred. The 6th person to walk on the moon said, "The night
      it happened I investigated it myself and this was a real event." Sam
      Sherman's audio documentary tape called THE EDWARDS AIR FORCE BASE
      ENCOUNTER on the night of October 7, 1965, uses the actual voice
      recordings provided by the Air Force. During this event 12 high tech
      luminous UFOs invade secure air space and cam e down low over the
      runways at Edwards AFB. Tower operator Sgt. Chuck Sorrels spotted
      them and notified the Air Defense Command. Sgt. Sorrels is heard on
      the original tapes and in a new segment where he verifies the event as
      it is heard on the archival recordings. The UFOs are described and a
      decision is made to launch F-106 fighter interceptors. You are there
      in an important part of UFO history. Hear it for yourself, its the
      best UFO tape ever made and its record of a real event. The cost of
      the tape is $14.95 each plus $2.00 for shipping -- total $16.95 -- you
      can send either a personal check o r money order to: Independent
      International Films, Box 565, Dept. GF, Old Bridge, New Jersey 08857.
      BUY IT AND LISTEN TO THE TAPE WITH YOUR FRIENDS!

      MUFON JOURNAL For more detailed investigative reports subscribe by
      writing t o 103 Oldtowne Road, Sequin, TX 78155-4099 or E-mail
      Mufon@.... Filer's Files Copyright 1999 by George A. Filer, all
      rights reserved. Readers may post items from the Files on their
      Websites provided that they credit the newsletter and its editor by
      name and list the date of issue that the item appeared. Send your
      letters to me at Majorstar@.... If you wish to kee p your name
      confidential please so state.