Fwd = Filer's Files #18 - 2002

    Message 1 of 1 , May 2, 2002
      From: George A. Filer <Majorstar@...>
      Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 18:10:39 EDT
      Subject: Filer's Files #18 - 2002

      FILER'S FILES #18-2002, MUFON Skywatch Investigations
      George A. Filer, Director, Mutual UFO Network Eastern
      May 1, 2002, Majorstar@....
      Webmaster: Chuck Warren http://www.filersfiles.com

      TOP UFO SIGHTINGS: STS 109 anomalies, New Hampshire disc, New
      York boomerang, New Jersey star, Florida moving lights, Ohio
      disc, Alabama disc, Wisconsin asteroid, Illinois 14 UFOs,
      Missouri silver oblong, Oklahoma disc, Colorado mothership,
      California triangle, Washington boomerang, Canada crop circle,
      Argentina mutilations, UK photo, Italy 700 sightings, Pacific
      Ocean Sunrise. Hunt for Zero Point book review.

      In reviewing the clip of the space walk incident from STS-109
      Jeff Challender, believes the anomaly made a 90 degree left
      turn! He says, "I couldn't believe my eyes, I must've played the
      tape over and over at least a hundred times! I just put it in a
      loop mode and let it play! "That event also included a high
      speed pass by the same, or similar object, originating from the
      point where the first one disappeared. I feel that this event is
      the most important evidence for unknowns since the STS-96
      footage of three years ago. I'm going to start quoting some of
      the astronauts and cosmonauts that have seen stuff. You never
      said they were alien just that something not ice was moving by.
      I believe the Shuttle cameras focus everything from a few inches
      away until infinity. Whatever is there is in focus except within
      a couple of inches from the lens. Anyone can pretty well pick
      out ice crystals compared to something bigger. The Astronauts at
      Kennedy Space Center indicated the Hubble repair now provides
      much clearer images. They are seeing many new galaxies. Thanks
      to Jeff Challender.

      NASHUA -- The witness reports seeing a circular disk that had
      pulsating lights on both sides that definitely seemed to
      alternate sides and make a circular motion on April 16, 2002. He
      says, "I was on my deck with my wife at 10:24 PM, last night and
      we were looking up at the stars, the Little Dipper in
      particular. I saw something that seemed to be circular or disk
      shaped and had yellowish/orange lights that pulsated in a
      circular motion around the object. There were no lights in the
      front or back of the disk. There were about four or five "panels
      of individual light" on each side and went like I said in a
      clockwise direction around the object, with only one panel lit
      at one time. The object was about the size of two full moons
      when the moon is high in the sky. It traveled a large distance
      across the sky in 3 to 4 seconds, which is the entire duration
      of the sighting. It traveled the distance of maybe 30 full moons
      in a straight line and seemed to vanish. It made no sound at all
      and almost appeared translucent, the lights were the only things
      I saw. At first I thought it was a meteor grazing the
      atmosphere, but when my wife also saw the pulsating lights, it
      seemed to be a craft, not a meteor. The object seemed to vanish
      into thin air. I had an unobstructed view in the direction it
      was traveling when it disappeared. My wife confirmed the lights
      were pulsating. I am also within four miles of a small airport
      and the FAA tracking center for the East Coast. Thanks to Peter
      Davenport NUFORC http://www.ufocenter.com A similar appearing
      craft can be seen at http://www.filersfiles

      BUFFALO -- The witness an amateur astronomer for 20 years
      reports he was observing the new planet configuration on April
      18, 2002, at 9:45 PM. During his observations he states, "This
      seven light boomerang shaped formation appeared out of the
      southeast moving northwest; as I looked closer, I thought it may
      be a formation of jets from the Niagara Falls Air Base." The was
      one craft darkly illuminated that made no sound, There were
      seven white lights, a bit brighter than a normal magnitude star
      lights moving like a flock of geese. It faded from view after
      about 15 seconds, just as it appeared. I'm still upset. The
      angle of elevation was about 30 degrees. Thanks to Peter
      Davenport NUFORC http://www.ufocenter.com

      BYRAM --The witness reports, "My wife and I were watching the
      moon and stars above northwestern New Jersey on April 16, 2002,
      when we noticed a particularly bright star moving slightly in
      the sky." It was visible through some tree branches at first, so
      we changed position for a clearer view (thinking it might be the
      tree branches giving the appearance of movement). It maintained
      its pattern of movement; slightly vertical and slightly
      horizontal, and would periodically flash blue and red. We don't
      believe it could have been an airplane, since it was hovering in
      position; a plane would have visibly moved across the sky. I
      went into the house and got our video camera, and we taped the
      object for 10 minutes or so, zooming in as much as 32x. With the
      zoom on, we could see it growing in size and then shrinking
      suddenly, as if it were "pulsing." We taped our house and lights
      visible from the World Trade Zone for reference. After 10 to 15
      minutes we went back inside. Fifteen minutes later I went back
      to look for the object and it was gone. I filed a police report
      around 10:00 PM, after checking the Internet to see if it might
      have been a planet or other conspicuous object. NUFORC

      STERLING -- A 41 year old female witness who works as a manager,
      reports seeing a small bright light dip low, arc up, and
      disappear in only three seconds on April 5, 2002, at 6:55 PM.
      The object was star like flying at 1000 feet and moving very
      quickly. Its actual size was 11 to 30 feet and it appeared
      white, or grey_lead_silver. The sky was overcast. Thanks to
      MUFON Headquarters.

      MELBOURNE BEACH -- At sunset, an object was seen at nearly 90
      degrees, (straight up) that was a bright bluish sphere on April
      18, 2002. The sphere had a bright pinpoint object orbiting
      around it for about a five-second period. At 8:11 PM, the sphere
      exploded, in a shower of lights, like fireworks, except very
      high in sky. Binoculars and a telescope were being used to see
      the orbiting point, and the main object looked like a bright
      star or planet. The witness stated, "I could see the explosion
      through binoculars, there was falling glowing debris, then
      nothing." Thanks to NUFORC http://www.ufocenter.com

      BIRMINGHAM -- The witness reports, "There was a disk hovering
      about 20,000 feet in the air on April 3, 2002, at 9:36 PM. It
      was not moving forward or backwards, just hovering." A disk was
      hovering, then disappeared and reappeared. Suddenly there was a
      flash and it disappeared again. It started to move a bit but
      then zoomed away and disappeared. I stood in the same place for
      a couple of minutes hoping to see it again and sure enough I
      did, but this time for about five seconds. The witness stated,
      "It was hovering and then suddenly there was a flash where the
      disk was, and then after the flash it wasn't there. Thanks to
      Peter Davenport NUFORC http://www.ufocenter.com

      HILLIARD -- At 8:30 PM, an "object" rose from behind a house, as
      we were facing the north on April 18, 2002. At first, the
      witnesses thought it was a helium balloon. The wife said, "Do
      helium balloons rise that fast?" and I told her that I thought
      that it must be a "fresh balloon." The object moved overhead and
      followed a very linear path towards the north. The witnesses
      watched it until it went out of site. The entire episode lasted
      for about a minute. Thanks to NUFORC http://www.ufocenter.com

      UFOWisconsin reports the witness was watching TV at about 10:30
      PM, on April 8, 2002, with one of his friends. He says, "My TV
      is next to a picture window so I can usually see a lot of the
      outside, which turns out to help me later in my report. He
      states, "I was getting up to go to bed and I saw something
      strange in the sky out my window that looked like an asteroid,
      but a lot lower and moving at a much slower pace." At first, I
      didn't think anything of it, but when it didn't go away for
      about a minute, I kept watching. It was headed to the east,
      towards the city. We quickly put on our jackets and went outside
      to watch it. After another minute, it stopped in mid air about 8
      miles away and broke into two separate parts, and disappeared.
      It was pretty weird. Submission by Stephen Bayer Thanks to
      UFOWisconsin. http://www.ufowisconsin.com/

      CHICAGO -- On Sunday, April 14, 2002, at about 5:00 PM, the male
      witness was cooking food on his backyard barbecue grille in a
      residential neighborhood, while his family and friends sat
      around talking. The witness states, "While grilling outdoors my
      friends and I noticed a cluster of stars or satellite-looking
      objects flying very high and apparently very fast in the skies
      above Chicago." At first my buddy noticed three tiny dots of
      light bright enough to be seen against the cloudless blue sky.
      Then we started noticing more of these dots of light. The dots
      were traveling together, heading north, and we quickly counted a
      total of 14 star-looking things ripping along super-high-up.
      They were difficult to see, but we all agreed we saw them
      regardless of what we'd been smoking." "These objects flew in no
      regular pattern and, although most flew at a relatively constant
      speed, a few of the objects would zip from behind and on ahead
      of the rest. This all happened pretty fast, and we were all
      feeling like, what the hell are those things! I have never seen
      anything like what I saw Sunday." Thanks to UFO Roundup Vol. 7,
      #17 April 23, 2002, Editor: Joseph Trainor

      LONE ELK COUNTY PARK -- "Bicycle Bob" Soetebier and his wife had
      a UFO sighting just before 1:00 PM on Monday, April 15, 2002.
      They were returning from the annual Ozark UFO Conference in
      Eureka Springs, Arkansas. They were traveling east on I-44, a
      mile west of Peerless Park in St. Louis County. Bob reports my
      wife Dawn Vohsen, was driving and looking upward and said, "Look
      out your passenger-side window and tell me what you see? All I
      could see was trees. She said, "I see a large round object that
      was dark gray with a silver reflective edge." It was as big as a
      silver dollar held at arm's length. The sun was slightly behind
      us in a clear blue sky with a fair wind. She also said, "Its
      going to pass right over or in front of the car -- from right to
      left -- and that I should watch to see if I could see anything."
      Only a few seconds later, we were on the flat portion of I-44
      with a break in the trees on the left/north side of the highway.
      I immediately spotted a highly reflective, glaringly silver,
      object seemingly "hovering" in the distance. The object was
      oblong -- about an inch long at arm's length -- and very thick.
      It was much thicker (at least two or three times) than the
      fuselage of an airplane. It had no appendages, or wings, at all.
      Since we we're traveling at highway speed in the car, the object
      may have been moving at an equal pace in relation to the speed
      of the car. However, I did not detect any movement on the
      object's part in relation to the ground. But, the object was
      well above the background scenery -- between 20 to 30-degrees in
      elevation, with clear blue sky all around it -- so there was no
      easy reference point. I only caught sight of the object for 2 or
      3 seconds before an additional clump of trees obscured it from
      view. It was only another couple of seconds before we passed
      that final clump of trees and the object was suddenly no where
      to be seen! It was not seen again. Dawn was not able to look
      over in time to see the object that I saw on the north side of
      the highway. Thanks to Bob Soetebier St. Louis County, Missouri

      GRAND LAKE -- Jean Seifried wrote that on April 27, 2002, about
      10:45 PM, I received a call from Mr. X, one of my UFO watcher's.
      He was out at Grand Lake O'The Cherokee watching a UFO for about
      two hours searching the coastline. It was a round object
      hovering just above the shoreline and about 100 feet inland
      three miles south of Sail Boat Bridge. The UFO appeared to have
      a row of round portals around the outer edge each spaced maybe
      ten feet apart, but they were not lit up, although they may have
      been some objects or equipment, rather than portals. The UFO had
      a red bottom and a blue top, a possible reflection of the red
      and blue lights revolving around it. He was observing from a
      high hill overlooking a large horse-shoe-shaped cove on the
      lake, and the UFO was below him. He watched balls of light leave
      from a hole that opened in the top. They zigzagged back and
      forth along the edge of the water in large 100 feet or more,
      zigzags, "like they were looking for something in a military
      search pattern. The larger UFO followed and then moved 500 feet
      back from the shore and when it got to the eastern point of the
      cove it moved toward over the balls of light. He yelled, "Hold
      it! it's coming in to pick them up. There they go into the thing
      from the bottom, up into it. Oh, oh. It's leaving. It's going
      up, straight up, fast!" There was a big flash from the bottom of
      the craft just before it began to rise up, "like maybe it was
      revving up for the assent."

      By this time my husband Richard and I had reached the front of
      our porch to look. Mr. X said, "Look just to the left of the big
      dipper. It's almost gone." We were looking but at first we saw
      nothing in the clear sky. Suddenly we saw a slow but short
      "strobe-quality" flash just a bit larger than the largest
      planets. Then ten seconds later another one higher and further
      north than the first. Then six seconds later, another one, until
      we saw five in all, moving north and up to the left side of the
      dipper. Mr. X was exclaiming something with each blink, just as
      we were. We were obviously watching the same thing from perhaps
      a hundred miles distance. The light was definitely not an
      aircraft light and was brilliant and irregular in timing of the
      flashes, each one becoming a bit dimmer than the last. Richard
      saw it as less than brilliant white, more cream color light. But
      clearly we all were watching the same thing. Thanks to Jean &
      Richard Seifried seifried@... Eureka Springs, Arkansas 72632

      SAN JUAN MOUNTAINS -- Anne Miller of the Star Beacon reports
      that a young woman in her 20s, whose parents she knows, told me
      about a dramatic April 4, 2002, UFO sighting in Southern
      Colorado. The woman and her boyfriend were driving home from
      Durango to Pagosa Springs at 9:45 PM, when they saw a gigantic
      ball of light over the San Juan Mountains near Chimney Rock. The
      woman said it was terribly bright, and difficult to watch for
      very long. It stayed in one spot for five minutes and appeared
      to be a huge disc with an incredibly bright light. The woman
      said. "We thought it was really big - at least the size of a
      football field, twice as large as a full moon and was many times
      larger than a normal airplane." "Other car lights were coming at
      us," explained the woman, "and as soon as we saw headlights the
      UFO would turn into something like a plane's blinking lights."
      She said, "It was as though the UFO were trying to disguise
      itself, and the strange thing was no car ever passed us on the
      highway and we never saw what happened to the cars."

      We felt like we were on the highway by ourselves. We watched for
      10 to 15 minutes but we didn't pull over and just continued
      driving. "We both kept getting surges of weird energy, that were
      like huge rushes the whole time we saw it," she said. "We felt
      really weird since it was so powerful and I was almost crying."
      "The UFO was kind of greenish-blue with red lights on it," the
      woman added. "There were little ships hovering above and below
      it." "The object approached and flew right over our car and I
      could see hundreds and hundreds of windows on it," said the
      woman. Then it just moved on, and we didn't see it anymore. The
      next day she called her parents and told them about the
      sighting. I asked, "If there had been any missing time, but she
      said no, they got home at the time they expected." However,
      there was one incident worth mentioning. The woman had been
      pregnant, and just a few days after the sighting she experienced
      a miscarriage. Whether the miscarriage was due to the energy
      surges during the sighting or something completely unrelated is
      not known. Thanks to Anne Miller Editor/Publisher Earth Star
      Publications: Home of The Star Beacon (May 2002 issue)
      http://www.earthstarpublications.com ulrichac@...

      BAKERSFIELD -- On March 29, 2002, two witnesses reported seeing
      a Flying Triangle at 9:30 PM, with three bright lights on the
      front. The is the second witness's report, "My boyfriend and I
      were driving south on I5 when he saw a bright light in the air.
      We drove south towards the light and saw this object that had
      three very bright lights on the front. The craft was diamond
      shaped and dark gray color with a red light. It would make very
      sharp turns that no airplane I have ever seen could have made.
      It hovered on the north bound side of the freeway and then would
      float down the side of the freeway, over a field and turned very
      sharply. I thought the object was trying to land. It looked like
      it was having troubles. The belly of the craft had creases where
      it was put together. After leaving the area a highway patrolman
      was seen going at least 100 mph north bound towards the object.
      Many people saw this object on the Easter weekend. We weren't
      driving fast, maybe 55 mph and traffic was bumper to bumper so
      there were many witnesses. Thanks to NUFORC.

      ELLENSBURG/THORP -- On April 5, 2002, the witness reports seeing
      a gray painted boomerang shape with rounded wing tips that was
      not overly large. The craft was totally silent even though it
      was flying quite low enough to hear engines at 10:24 PM. The
      witness deliberately waited to see if an after-sound" could be
      heard. If the heading was maintained it would put it left of
      Seattle/Kent area. The craft had standard aircraft running
      lights plus 2 or 3 extras ("clear") that lit up most of
      undercarriage allowing an excellent view of the shape. The craft
      lacked a standard cockpit and had no tail or tail boom(s). The
      clear lights gave no indication of landing light(s) but rather
      of overlarge regular "house" lights. There was no forward
      "sweep" lights. The craft was flying under 2000 feet, probably
      just under 1500 feet. The estimated size would allow three
      personnel, if lying down in the craft. It seemed thin! More like
      an unmanned glider that had a power source of some type. In
      summery; this appeared man-made, stealth, possibly an unmanned
      aircraft that was confusing and deceptive to the eye. It passed
      well over the surrounding hills/ridges. The witness had the
      impression it was a US or Canadian stealth aircraft. Thanks Red
      Elk Med./Wakian and Peter Davenport NUFORC

      PIKE LAKE, SASKATCHEWAN -- CCCRN NEWS, Canadian Crop Circle
      Research Network reports an odd field pattern was reported
      yesterday by pilot Niels Koehncke, a few miles north of Pike
      Lake, about 15 miles south of Saskatoon. He and Monique Mayer
      discovered the strange pattern while flying in their Cessna the
      previous evening, April 27, 2002. The pattern is an unusual long
      series of odd pointed / angular shapes, some of which appear
      roughly symmetrical. The field is apparently still just stubble
      at this time of the year, so just what these shapes may be is
      unclear. Monique told CCCRN that they had not seen anything like
      it before so she took digital photos. Thanks to the pilot and
      CCCRN assistant John Erickson for this report. Copies of photos
      at: http://www.geocities.com/cropcirclecanada/pikelake02photos.h
      tml Thanks to CCCRN News the Canadian Crop Circle Research

      SALLIQUELO -- A few days ago strange lights appeared in the
      night skies over Saliquelló, Province of Buenos Aires, and in
      the morning cattle ranchers of the area found three mutilated
      bovines showing signs of having undergone a surgical
      intervention with unusual implements. A veterinarian told local
      media that the incisions "are strange ones in which some sort of
      heating element appears to have been used." The news was
      broadcast at the national level on Saturday through Cronica TV,
      which took images from the local cable access channel, showing
      images of the animals and a technician named Daniel, who
      analyzed one of the cases, providing details on the strange
      event. According to the televised report, the animals were found
      by the owners of rural premises near Salliquelo, a small city
      located some 80 miles east of the Pampan locality of Anchorena,
      after "strange lights" were reported in the sky. These bovine
      deaths were attested to by local police. A veterinarian
      inspected the abnormal carcasses, "They present strange cuts, as
      though resulting from an intense heat source. The skin is burned
      along the edges of the cuts, and the absence of blood in veins,
      muscles and ligaments is simply desiccated." He said, "It's as
      though you were cutting a piece of paper with a hot wire--the
      edges become dry, scorched and thinner. Furthermore, all traces
      of blood vanished. We only found some coagulated remains in the

      Daniel told the Saliquello TV that unusual cuts can be seen in
      the animals' bodies and heads. "One of them shows a perfectly
      straight cut on one mandible. Furthermore, its tongue is missing
      along with most of the alimentary tract, larynx, pharynx and
      saliva glands. The outer ear is completely missing. Another
      curious incision appears on the body (ribs and abdomen) which is
      teardrop-shaped through which genitalia was extracted," he
      explained. "It is a strange circumstance since there are no
      signs that the animal put up a fight, nor is their any evidence
      of scorched pastureland. I'm not saying that this is the
      handiwork of alien beings, but it's a strange circumstance
      nonetheless. Even the other animals refuse to come close to the
      dead ones, and curiosity is a characteristic element of
      bovines," he concluded. Intense bright lights were filmed over
      Argentina on April 18, 2002, by Ricardo e d'angelo. Thanks to
      Diario La Arena (La Pampa, Argentina) April 29, Translation (C)
      2002. Institute of Hispanic Ufology. Special thanks to Gloria
      Coluchi. communities.latam.msn.com/glaucoart/

      LANCASHIRE -- Merseyside Anomalies Research Association (MARA)
      reports that one of its members and her husband sighted a UFO.
      Nikki Limb took a digital photograph, but what ever it was, was
      quite a distance away and the detail is poor, but nevertheless
      interesting. We don't have an explanation for it at this time.
      Please go to http://www.mara.org.uk/ and check out the images
      and abstract. Thanks to Nikki Limb ty.limb@..., Bill Bimson

      The Italian Center for UFO Studies Newsflash # 352 reports new
      statistics about the sightings of 2001. New data as of the
      sightings of alleged UFOs in Italy jumped from 655 to 717. The
      detailed catalogue of last year's sightings is almost ready,
      complete with descriptions of documentary sources for each case.
      The C.I.S.U. maintains the greatest archive of UFO press
      clippings that exists in Italy, with hundreds of thousands of
      items from 1946 through the present. Thanks to (Centro Italiano
      Studi Ufologici, CISU)

      TUVALU -- Peter Davenport received this strange report, "Dawn
      arrived ahead of schedule over a remote Pacific Island on
      October 27, 1997, at 9:42 PM on a black night with low clouds
      and a light drizzle." From the west, below the horizon a light
      lifts steadily and quickly, like dawn, but much faster and
      lights up the entire sky. Lagoon waters turn blue, like day.
      Birds fly startled from the trees. Roosters crow. The light
      passes overhead then up and away rather than bending over the
      opposite horizon. At least 200 witnesses saw the light but had
      never seen, anything similar. Like dawn breaking at high speed
      in the middle of the night. Some say they saw a blue light. A
      group of football players, resting after a practice match, say
      they felt a strong rush of wind as it flew past. One guy saw it
      while out in the ocean fishing and jumped for cover under his
      boat. Seasoned merchant navy sailors, home on vacation, had
      never witnessed anything like it and no one has a clue as to
      what it could have been. Footage on TV of meteorites entering
      the atmosphere, while spectacular, were nothing at all like
      this. Here the entire sky lit up, not just a portion of it with
      reddening low on the western horizon, like explosions, things
      dropping into the ocean, burning, then and blackness. Funafuti
      is a coral atoll, extremely flat, making visibility of all
      horizons very clear. The event took 15 seconds. There was no
      noise. Tuvalu is 700 km north of Fiji, remote, and on no airline
      flight path. Nothing like this had been seen in Tuvalu before.
      If photographed, which it wasn't, it would probably look
      something like an artists impression of the 'second coming,'
      Watchtower style, but without the figures and trumpets. Peter
      Davenport requested more information

      Dr. Bruce Maccabee writes that in Filer's Files #17 you wrote:
      Editor's Note: I'm in touch with scientists involved in advanced
      DNA research who have informed us that human DNA has been
      altered, and created in the past.

      The idea of partially directed evolution or "neo-darwinism"
      which lies between strict creationism (everything especially
      created) and strict Darwinism (mutations strictly by chance all
      the way!) is discussed in my book. This along with many other
      related aspects of human life (including future man-machine
      evolution) is in my book, ABDUCTION IN MY LIFE. Thanks to Dr.
      Bruce Maccabee brumac@...

      Art Wagner, M.S.(Physics) has written a book review of "The Hunt
      for Zero Point". Zero point is believed to be energy that exists
      in space. Nick Cook's new book was released in England,
      Australia, New Zealand, and South Africa in August 2001, but has
      been delayed twice for US release. It is an investigative
      reporter's Cooks Tour of what has come to be known in the UFO-
      as-machine literature. This is the story of Dr. Pangloss, who
      for ten years - travels to many companies and countries by
      following the directions of a pseudonymous "Dr. Marckus". We are
      never told exactly who Dr. Marckus is except for a cursory
      physical description and that he is an eminent scientist in the
      physics department of a famous British University. Written in a
      "popular" vein, THE HUNT FOR ZERO POINT seems to prompt the
      interested reader to dig deeper; at least that is the effect it
      had on me. For example, in discussing ionized plasma boundary
      layer control, a certain paper by engineers at Northrop is
      mentioned. Dr. Marckus is given to say, "It's missing. They
      couldn't find any record of it. Almost certainly, some special
      projects office in the Pentagon made it disappear." That paper
      does not seem to be readily available but I most strongly urge
      everyone reading this review to study the web page of the Berlin
      University of Technology titled "Electroaerodynamic (EAD) Wind-
      Tunnel" http://www.user.tu-berlin.de/aybchgdj/tunnel/. This is
      necessary reading in the current UFO-as-machine literature,
      Century/Random House(2001). ISBN 07126 69531

      Along with the research reports of Jean-Louis Naudin in France
      on "The Enhanced T. Brown Electrokinetic Experiment"
      http://jnaudin.free.fr/html/enhbbexp.htm and "The Lafforgue
      Field Propulsion Thruster"
      http://jnaudin.free.fr/lfpt/index.html. The so-called
      "Philadelphia Experiment" is mentioned briefly as a tarnishing
      element to T.T.Brown's career and stays pretty close to the
      standard party line. However, if such an event like the P.E. of
      Legend had taken place, its physics would be very much like that
      described by Yuri N.Obukhov and Guillermo F. Rubilar in "Fresnel
      Analysis of the Wave Propagation in Nonlinear Electrodynamics,"
      5 April 2002 (arXiv:gr-qc/0204028) producing birefringence and
      skew on field effects. This type of work is based on a 1923,
      paper by Walter Gordon in Germany on optical analog gravity
      metrics. See also "Optical Black Holes Could Be Made In The Lab"
      on CERNCourier (www.cerncourier.com/main/article/40/4/10).
      (amazon.uk.co)'s blurb for the book refers to a lecture on
      antigravity as having taken place in "April,1992" while the book
      itself (p.230) says "1991." We are also given much important
      material: the spotlight on Kammler and his Kammlerstab (staff);
      with two photographs of the AVRO V.T.O. Project Y "Manta" and
      one of their Mach 4 Project 1794 saucers in its test rig;
      clarifying details about Viktor Schauberger's saucer work from
      his own contemporary records; and results from a firsthand study
      of John Hutchison's experimental work by Col. John Alexander
      from INSCOM in 1983 over several months. A good background
      report on Mr. Hutchison's work may be found in "The Hutchison
      Effect" by John Hutchison in ELECTRIC SPACECRAFT JOURNAL, issue
      9 (1993), PP.21-28. An important connection between his work and
      that of Wilbert B. Smith in Ottawa can be found in THE GRANITE
      MAN & THE BUTTERFLY by Jeanne Manning (1995), p.183.

      On May 11, 2002, George Filer will be speaking at the Roswell
      Museum at 7:00 PM, about his experience in chasing UFOs while in
      the Air Force and about the crash at Fort Dix/McGuire AFB on
      January 18, 1978. the so called Roswell of the East. This little
      known case is very similar to the story at Roswell, NM. Don't
      miss this presentation.

      PHOTOGRAPH BOOKLET of some of the best UFO photographs available
      and data on their propulsion systems by US Navy Commander Graham
      Bethune. $10.00. Send check or money order to G. Filer 222
      Jackson Road, Medford, New Jersey 08055. CD OF FILER'S FILES for
      the last five years 1997 through 2001 is available for $25.00.
      Both for $30.00.

      The new Air Victory Museum "UFO Display" needs your help with a
      tax exempt donations or memorabilia. The museum is a 3 hour
      drive for one-third of the population of the US.

      MUFON UFO JOURNAL -- For more detailed monthly investigative
      reports subscribe to the MUFON JOURNAL. A MUFON membership
      includes the Journal and costs only $35.00 per year. To join
      MUFON or to report a UFO go to http://www.mufon.com/. To ask
      questions contact MUFONHQ@... or HQ@.... Mention that
      I recommended you for membership.

      Filer's Files is copyrighted 2002 by George A. Filer, all rights
      reserved. Readers may post the complete files on their Web Sites
      if they credit the newsletter and its editor by name and list
      the date of issue that the item appeared. These reports and
      comments are not necessarily the OFFICIAL MUFON viewpoint. Send
      your letters to Majorstar@.... Sending mail automatically
      grants permission for us to publish and use your name. Please
      state if you wish to keep your name, address, or story

      Regards, George A. Filer