Re: [UFOnet] Cancer, Mobile Phones and Ether

  • Roger Anderton
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 1, 2002
      Roger and anyone else interested,
      If you are truely interested in investigating cell usage and mortality
      rates please read on.
      So what's the deal with the towers and those who live near them, not just
      the mobile comm users. (bear in mind this is all U.S. data)
      Let me show you how to get there from here. This will take a
      great deal of time (depending on your connect speed). So it is best to be
      prepared to be patient.
      To start with,
      1. Go to this website and download ArcExplorer 2:
      http://www.esri.com/software/arcexplorer/index.html

      This will give you the mapping software.

      2. Go to the FCC website with the layers for the ArcExplorer program: found
      here:
      http://www.fcc.gov/wtb/geographic/fcc_db.html

      Just click on the main header for which item layers you want. It should then
      start the download of the file. So far I've only pulled down the Paging,
      Cellular and Microwave towers. Let me tell you that when you start to see
      all of those dots start multiplying on your screen, you will freak and your
      skin will start to crawl.

      3.Go to this site to download the cancer mortality rate layer:
      http://www.nationalatlas.gov/atlasftp.html#q12

      It will be useful to download the states, county boundaries, cities and
      towns and roads layers as well. This will come in handy for reference on
      location. As for the interpretation of the cancer mortality thing, well, I'm
      just a dumb *ss on trying to figure it all out, but in time and with the
      help of others, I will figure it out.

      These files are rather large, and as for the software, I've only been
      using it for less than 24 hours. So I am no expert on how to operate it. I
      wish that I could send you all of the info, but the size of it all would be
      maddening. All I can give you are the links. I am sorry for that. All I can
      say is good luck. I have only got to where I've been by sheer luck and two
      packs of cancer causing cigarettes :-). Patience will be the key.
      Peace,
      Michael L. Mattox