UFO ROUNDUP, Volume 7 Number 2

  • John Hayes
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 9, 2002
      Posted on behalf of Joseph Trainor.

      <Masinaigan@...>
      ==========================

      UFO ROUNDUP
      Volume 7, Number 2
      January 8, 2002
      Editor: Joseph Trainor

      http://ufoinfo.com/roundup/

      RECTANGULAR UFO FLIES
      OVER AMMAN IN JORDAN

      On Monday, December 31, 2001, at 8 p.m., a
      rectangular UFO flew over Amman, the capital of Jordan, and
      was seen by hundreds of residents.
      The UFO, described as "a self-luminous rectangular
      object," first appeared over the Jorm district of the
      city. It flew in a southwesterly direction across Ameena
      Bint Wahab Street and over the top of the Jebel al-Hussein
      (hill). After passing over the Jebel al-Weibdeh (hill),
      the UFO "emitted a bright flashing light."
      As it flew over the Weibdeh section or west end of
      the city, the UFO was seen by hundreds of residents. Many
      Jordanians voiced the opinion that the object was "a
      satellite," while others claimed it was "an alien
      starship."
      The UFO was also seen by residents of the Shmeisani
      section. Police stations at Abdali and Wadi Abdoun were
      flooded with telephone calls reporting the UFO's flyover.
      A spokesman for the Royal Jordanian Air Force was
      quoted as saying the light may have been caused "by a laser
      or a firework launched to celebrate the New Year."
      According to ufologist Abu Zidallah, Jordanian UFO
      groups are very much excited by the sighting in Amman and
      plan to talk to witnesses. (See the Jordanian newspaper
      Al-Dastur and Agence France Presse for January 1, 2002.
      Many thanks to Ayesha al-Khatabi for forwarding this
      story.)
      (Editor's Note: Two millenia ago, Amman was known as
      Philadelphia to the Romans. Yes, that's the same
      Philadelphia that's in Acts of the Apostles. The Roman
      ruins are in the east end of the city and include the
      Amphitheatre, built by Emperor Antoninus Pius in 150 A.D.,
      the Odeon, the Forum and the Temple of Hercules.)

      CATTLE MUTILATIONS SURGE
      IN NORTHERN MONTANA

      "This is the kind of deja vu Everett King could do
      without."
      "About 15 years ago, he discovered the grisly remains
      of one of his cattle that had died mysteriously."
      "In October (2001), it happened again."
      "King said it looked as though a surgeon had sliced
      into his seven-year-old Charolais, the way its right eye
      and right ear were cut off--not to mention the way its
      reproductive organs had been cored."
      "What King finds most unusual, however, is that two
      months later, the carcass lies right where he found it,
      untouched."
      "'Predators won't eat it,' said King, who ranches
      outside Valier (Montana), south of Lake Frances. 'It
      should have been cleared up and gone a long time ago.'"
      "Ranchers" in Pondera County, northwest of Great
      Falls, "reported four mutilations between June and August
      (2001). Since then, there have been 11 more, and
      investigators are still searching for answers."
      "The same bizarre circumstances haunted area ranchers
      and baffled law enforcement twenty years ago, sparking
      rumors about UFOs, cults and government conspiracies."
      "The mutilations went away in the 1990s but began
      again this summer."
      "The most recent victim--a 12-year-old
      Hereford--turned up earlier this month on a ranch north of
      Conrad," (population 2,900).
      "'They skinned off the belly from her front legs to
      her back legs all the way around,' Pondera County
      Sheriff's Deputy Dan Campbell said, 'The complete bag
      (udder) was removed.'"
      "The last three mutilations occurred within three
      miles (5 kilometers) of each other in the Dry Forks area,
      about 10 to 15 miles (16 to 21 kilometers) west of Conrad."
      "In October (2001) members of the New Miami Colony,
      18 miles (26 kilometers) west of Conrad, discovered two
      mutilated cows at the same time, 30 yards (27 meters)
      apart."
      "The scenes were remarkably similar to mutilations
      researchers reported more than a decade ago, Campbell
      said."
      "Most of the cows had the skin scraped off their
      faces. Often, the tongue, one eye and all or part of an
      ear had been removed. Part of the udder was usually cut
      off, as well as the genitals. And in most cases, the anus
      had been cored."
      "A majority of the cows were four or five (years
      old); one was missing its teeth."
      "In the late 1970s, a high wave of alleged
      mutilations in the southwestern states (of the USA)
      prompted a federally-funded investigation. The resulting
      300-page report concluded that animal predators were
      responsible."
      "Although some describe the Pondera County (cattle)
      deaths as a hoax or chalk them up to natural causes and
      predators, Campbell and fellow investigator, Sheriff's
      Deputy Dick Dailey, say they aren't convinced."
      "Cuts on the cows are often circular or oval, and--as
      with King's Charolais--seem to be made with surgical
      precision."
      "The animals seem to bloat faster than normal, and
      the missing hide doesn't reflect the work of predators,
      Campbell said."
      "'I've never seen an animal cut just the face off a
      cow when there's lots of other stuff they go after,' he
      said."
      "One mutilated cow looked like it had been
      burned. Another seemed to have bruises around its neck as
      though it had been strangled. One had a long cut with a
      perfectly-ridged edge, as though the hide had been sliced
      with a
      tool similar to pinking shears."
      "Also strange is that in most cases, no tracks or
      footprints were detected around the animals' bodies, even
      in mud or snow."
      "A misconception is that the cows had been drained of
      blood. Natural coagulation makes it look the creatures'
      fluids had been drained, Dailey said."
      "Dailey, who lives in Dupuyer (Montana), spent
      several nights this fall camped out in dark fields, trying
      to catch the culprit in the act. He has reviewed all the
      facts and checked out dozens of Web sites looking for
      answers."
      "Still, nothing."
      "'I've read everything I can read on it, and I really
      don't know what in the heck it is,' he said."
      "Ranchers aren't sure what to think, either."
      "In September (2001) Jim VandenBos discovered the
      body of one of his $850 two-year-old Angus (cattle) lying
      dead in his pasture."
      "The right side of its face was skinned, and the
      exposed jawbone was so smooth, it looked like it had been
      polished, VandenBos said."
      "Its tongue was cut off along with its right ear, eye
      and reproductive organs. A tennis-ball-sized patch of skin
      on its shoulder was hard like plastic."
      "Again, coyotes--even other cattle--steered clear."
      "VandenBos has been ranching southwest of Valier
      (population 500) for more than 30 years and remembers the
      last wave of mutilations well."
      "'It's kind of a spooky thing,' he said, 'I haven't
      worried about it too much because it's something I can't
      control...but I'd like to find an explanation.'"
      "Toward the end of October (2001), a neighbor found
      the 750-pound steer that died at Glen and Ruby Bouma's dry
      creek bed, three miles (5 kilometers) west of Conrad."
      "'There was a little tail of grass pushed up like it
      was shoved up underneath it,' Ruby Bouma said."
      "The hide was missing from the calf's stomach and its
      reproductive organs were gone, but there were no tracks, no
      bullet holes and no claw marks."
      "The calf, No. 95, was about a year old and worth
      $600. It was one of the friendliest animals the Boumas
      owned."
      "A local vet said it died of dust pneumonia, but Glen
      and Ruby have their doubts."
      "'That's possible because it's so dry,' Ruby Bouma
      said, 'But I think we would have known if it was sick. We
      took special notice because it was one of two calves that
      are like pets to us. It would come up and smell your hand
      or your pant leg.'"
      "The whole thing is peculiar, if you ask the
      Boumas. When a cow dies of natural causes, for instance,
      predators will usually chew into its flesh."
      "Glen and Ruby's calf was missing only its hide. And
      when they checked on Thanksgiving Day (November 22, 2001),
      predators were still keeping their distance."
      "Some folks in the area think the U.S. Air Force or
      aliens are behind the mutilations but not Ruby."
      "'I'm sorry, but I personally think it's somebody
      local...they're doing it for kicks,' she said."
      "One difficulty lead investigators have encountered
      in cracking the case is gathering evidence."
      "After two or three days, collecting evidence becomes
      a lost cause because the cattle are so badly
      decomposed. And in the summer, carcasses rot faster and
      often go undiscovered for weeks."
      "'Pondera County deputies also hope a Nevada
      laboratory will answer some of their questions."
      "This fall, Campbell and Dailey chopped the head off
      a mutilated cow, packedit in dry ice and shipped it to the
      National Institute for Discovery Science (NIDS) in Las
      Vegas," Nevada.
      "The privately-funded institute pays scientists and
      retired police officers to investigate bizarre phenomena
      including mutilations and UFO sightings. A spokesman for
      the institute said researchers are nearly finished with
      their study and will send a copy of the report to the
      Pondera County Sheriff's Office in a couple of weeks."
      Conrad is located just west of Interstate Highway
      I-15, approximately 58 miles (97 kilometers) northwest of
      Great Falls, Montana. (See the Great Falls, Montana Tribune
      for January 3, 2002, "Cattle mutilations back--Ranchers,
      lawmen baffled by crime wave" by Katie Oyan, page
      one. Many
      thanks to Louise A. Lowry for this news story)

      LARGE TRIANGULAR UFOs
      RETURN TO BELGIUM

      A new wave of "Flying Triangles," large triangular
      UFOs "as large as buildings," has been reported in Belgium.
      The current flap is similar to the mass sightings of
      "Flying Triangles" over Brussels, Ghent, Antwerp and
      Tournai back in 1990.
      Eyewitnesses report seeing "blue lighting on the
      undersides of the large crafts" plus yellow and orange
      lights.
      In mid-December 2001, two men in their twenties
      "reported a very close encounter with a silver,
      cylindrical-shaped UFO" over the industrial city of Namur,
      located 45 kilometers (27 miles) southeast of Brussels.
      "The triangles are reported having varying lengthy
      structures, with red, blue and green lights, as well. The
      UFOs are orange in color."
      "Many Belgian ufologists believe the Flying Triangles
      are U.S.-military-related" because of the nearby presence
      of the Supreme Headquarters--Allied Powers Europe (SHAPE)
      in Belgium. (See the Belgian newspaper La Derniere Heure
      for
      December 19, 2001. Many thanks to George A. Filer, editor
      of Filer's Files, for letting UFO Roundup use this news
      story.)

      AIRLINE PASSENGER SPOTS
      A UFO OVER MISSISSIPPI

      Mississippi's UFO flap entered its second week with
      the sighting of a mysterious object hovering motionless
      over the northern part of the state, just below the state
      border with Tennessee.
      On Monday, December 31, 2001, at around 3 p.m., Karen
      A. was seated in Row 8 on the left-hand side of an American
      Airlines Super 80 jetliner when she decided to lift the
      shade on her window. The jetliner had left Dallas,
      Texas at 2 p.m. and was enroute to Washington D.C. when the
      incident occurred.
      "While enroute in flight, I decided to open my window
      (shade)," Karen reported. "Normally I do not like to look
      out plane windows, as I am not fond of flying. But we were
      above the clouds and it was sunny."
      "To the east, I noticed a white circle above the
      clouds. At first I wondered how a seagull could reach the
      same height (altitude) we were traveling at 30,000 feet
      (9,000 meters). It was a few thousand feet lower than my
      plane. Then I thought, Well, that is silly. It was a
      round white object, not a bird, and it was not
      moving. Then it seemed to have somehow drifted slowly
      east, till it was right in a direct line from my
      window. It seemed to hover a little and drift a little
      further west of my plane."
      "At this point, I thought, Well, with my plane moving
      about 500 miles an hour, I must be seeing a weather
      balloon. No sooner did I finish that thought than my
      'weather balloon' then shot up in a diagonal western
      movement, clear into the horizon, not to be seen again."
      Karen described the UFO as "white and perfectly
      round. Large enough for me to see very clearly from where
      I sat in the plane. I could not tell how far away it was
      from me, but it was quite a distance. Then the object shot

      off at light speed (in my opinion, faster than any
      supersonic plane I have ever seen--K.A.)."
      Karen is not exactly sure where the encounter took
      place. But the time of her encounter and the jetliner's
      speed would have put the Super 80 over northern
      Mississippi, perhaps near Oxford, which is 100 miles (160
      kilometers) north of Jackson, the state capital. (Email
      Form Report)

      CROWD OF TWENTY SPIES A
      UFO OVER QUEENS, N.Y.

      On Sunday, December 30, 2001, at 12:30 a.m., Paulette
      C. and "about twenty friends" were hanging out on a corner
      in the borough of Queens in New York City, between Grand
      Central Parkway and Woodhaven Boulevard, when they
      spied an unusual light in the sky.
      "We were looking up at the moon when all of a sudden
      we saw stars or what we thought was a star, the biggest in
      the sky, and they started to shoot in the sky," Paulette
      reported, "But in all directions. They would stop and
      dart. Some would line up and it would look like they were
      playing a game of cat-and-mouse. It was like that for
      maybe three minutes."
      "I even called people out that were in the restaurant
      on the corner. My whole family saw these objects, and
      they're wondering what it is." (Email Form Report)

      TRIANGULAR UFO HOVERS OVER
      DOVER CASTLE IN UK

      On Thursday, December 20, 2001, at 5 p.m., Kevin Olds
      of Dover, Kent, UK "was on Albert Road, Dover when he saw
      three very bright lights in a triangular formation at a
      height (altitude) of approximately 200 to 300 feet (60 to
      90 meters) coming from the direction of Dover's Eastern
      Docks, heading in a northerly direction."
      Olds "first observed it over Dover Castle, a famous
      landmark, and after a couple of seconds, it banked westward
      and headed into his direction, getting lower. By this
      time, he could see a dark triangular shape which the lights
      were attached to. The object made no sound, and Olds 'felt
      it was going to crash' when it 'disappeared behind a row of
      nearby homes and out of view.' The entire incident lasted
      some 30 seconds." (Many thanks to Chris Rolfe of UFO
      Monitors-East Kent for this report.)

      MYSTERIOUS LIGHT PLANE
      CRASHES SWEEP THE USA

      Over the weekend, the USA was struck by three
      mysterious airplane crashes, all of which took place on
      Saturday, January 5, 2002.
      The most publicized incident was the case of Charles
      Bishop, 15, of Palm Harbor, Florida, who crashed a Cessna
      172 into the side of the Bank of America building in Tampa.
      The "15-year-old student pilot took off in a small
      plane without permission Saturday and crashed into a
      skyscraper after ignoring a Coast Guard helicopter's
      signals to land, authorities said."
      "The crash occurred after Charles Bishop's
      grandmother brought him to the National Aviation flight
      school for a 5 p.m. flying lesson, said Marianne Pasha, a
      spokeswoman for the Pinellas CountySheriff's Office."
      "'The next thing the instructor know, he was gone,'
      Pasha said."
      Bishop reportedly "expressed sympathies for Osama Bin
      Laden but said in a suicide note that he acted alone,
      authorities said Sunday," January 6, 2002.
      "'From this action, we can assume he was a troubled
      young man,' Tampa police chief Bennie Holder said."
      "Too young to fly solo, or even drive himself to
      flight school, Bishop took off without permission just
      before 5 p.m. Saturday. His brief flight across Tampa Bay
      took him over MacDill Air Force Base, the home to the
      bunker-like U.S. Central Command that directs all
      operations in Afghanistan and Central Asia."
      "The base's air control tower asked a Coast Guard
      helicopter to shadow the Cessna 172R. The helicopter was
      already in the air on a standrd homeland security patrol
      when it intercepted the plane. A crewmember motioned
      repeatedly for Bishop to land. But Bishop ignored him as
      well as all attempts to contact him on the radio."
      "Meanwhile, the military's North American Aerospace
      Defense Command (NORAD), which is responsible for defending
      domestic airspace, ordered F-15 fighter jets to scramble
      from Homestead Air Force Base south of Miami. By the time
      the jets reached Tampa, Bishop had crashed into the 28th
      floor of the 42-story Bank of America building."
      The 15-year-old boy was killed instantly.
      "The short, handwritten message Tampa police said
      they found in the pocket of Charles Bishop, 15, also
      expressed support for the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks. In
      the note, the high school freshman said he acted alone,
      said Tampa Police Chief Bennie Holder."
      "'He was acting out his sympathy for Osama Bin
      Laden,' Holder said Sunday. 'He expressed support for what
      happened on 9-11.'"
      "But Andrea Panarelli, the ninth grader's honors
      English teacher at East Lake High School in Palm Harbor,
      Florida, said Bishop's fatal flight 'was totally out of the
      blue. None of the students saw it coming. I didn't see
      it coming.'"
      "In one class at East Lake, Bishop wrote movingly of
      his anger and hurt over the lives lost in the attacks on
      the World Trade Center. As a private school student last
      year, he proudly carried the American flag and belted out
      the lyrics to the song America."
      "Yet there were reports that he told other students
      to watch for him on the news, and the FBI has confiscated
      his computers. He hinted of a Middle Eastern background to
      one teacher after the terrorist attacks. Tampa police
      say they can't find Bishop's father, who has been long
      absent, but that the man, Charles Bishara, is believed to
      be of Syrian and Italian descent."
      (Editor's Comment: Congratulations, Mr. Bishara, you just
      made the Ten Most Wanted List for the supposed crimes of
      changing your address and having ancestors from Italy and
      Syria. I suppose Tom Ridge's next move will be to
      encircle the city of North Providence, Rhode Island, where
      several thousand residents are "of Syrian and Italian
      descent," with 20-foot-high razor wire and turn it into a
      big concentration camp.)
      Yet, the crash in Tampa wasn't the only strange
      incident involving light planes over the weekend.
      "A single-engine airplane crashed and exploded in the
      foothills northwest of Boulder, Colorado," 26 miles (41
      kilometers) northwest of Denver, "killing the only person
      on board, a sheriff's spokesman said Saturday afternoon."
      "The plane went down on a hillside before 4 p.m.,
      Boulder County Sheriff's Supervisor Jay Willette said."
      "The pilot's name was not immediately available."
      "The site is inaccessible to vehicles, and rescuers
      had to walk to the debris. The fire was out by the time
      the first rescuers arrived, Willette said."
      "He did not know where the flight originated or where
      it was headed."
      And in southern California, "a twin-engine plane
      crashed a block away from an airport Saturday, killing at
      least one person, authorities said."
      "The Cessna 337 Skymaster crashed in a vacant lot in
      a commercial and residential area" of Buena Park,
      California, 20 miles (32 kilometers) southeast of Los
      Angeles, "Orange County Fire Authority Capt. Stephen Miller
      said."
      "Miller did not know how many people were aboard the
      six-seat plane."
      "The pilot had been cleared to land just before 1
      p.m. when air traffic controllers saw it roll over and
      crash about a block west of Fullerton Municipal Airport."
      "The plane knocked down telephone lines, crashed into
      a wall and exploded into flames, Miller said." (See the
      Duluth, Minn. News-Tribune for January 6, 2002, "Small
      planes crashes into Tampa building," page 4; the Chicago
      Tribune for January 7, 2002, "Boy's crash shows security
      has holes," page 1; USA Today for January 7, 2002, "Copycat
      raises security questions," page 3A, and for January 8,
      2002, "Family, friends struggle to find reason for suicide
      crash," page 4A; and the Duluth, Minn. News-Tribune for
      January 6, 2002, "One dead in plane crash" and "Twin-engine
      plane crash kills two," page 2.)

      OSAMA FLED TO PAKISTAN,
      UZBEKI AGENTS SAY

      "U.S. and other anti-terrorism coalition officials
      are beginning to believe that Osama Bin Laden fled
      Afghanistan for Pakistan, two members of the Senate
      Intelligence Committee said Sunday," January 6, 2002.
      "Sen. John Edwards (D.-North Carolina), who is
      traveling with other (USA) senators in the region, told Fox
      News Sunday that Uzbekistan's military intelligence service
      believes Osama Bin Laden has crossed the border into
      Pakistan."
      "'I fully expect the Pakistanis will do everything
      they can to help us locate Bin Laden,' Edwards said."
      "Intelligence Committee Chairman Sen. Bob Graham
      (D-Florida) said Bin Laden and other top officials (of the
      Al-Qaeda sect--J.T.) have probably escaped Afghanistan, but
      no one is certain."
      "'Increasingly, as our efforts to get them in
      Afghanistan have been futile, there is a greater sense that
      they have, in fact, escaped and are probably in one of
      those tribal territories just over the border into
      Pakistan,' Graham said from Miami on ABC's This
      Week." (See the Duluth, Minn. News-Tribune for January 7,
      2002, "Bin Laden search turns to Pakistan," page 4A.)
      (Editor's Comment: So much for the story that Osama and
      his son-in-law, Mohammed Mullah Omar, also among the
      missing, were at Graceland January 7 to help celebrate
      Elvis's birthday.)

      UNUSUAL SNOWSTORM BURIES
      THE MIDDLE EAST

      Southeastern Europe's worst snowstorm in forty years
      buried Turkey. "Three (more) people were found frozen to
      death in Turkey, bringing the death toll to seven."
      "Storms also dumped snow on much of Lebanon, cutting
      off the country's main international highway and leaving
      dozens of towns without electricity."
      Other cities hit hard by the unusual snowfall
      included Jerusalem; Damascus, the capital of Syria; Amman,
      the capital of Jordan; and Ramallah in the West Bank.
      Curiously, only "a thin layer of snow briefly covered
      the ground in Bethlehem, the town of Jesus's birth." The
      snow came down on January 6, "on the day (Greek and
      Russian) Orthodox Christians celebrate Christmas." (See
      USA Today for January 8, 2002, "Death toll up in Turkey's
      storm," page 7A. Also, thanks to Ayesha al-Khatabi for the
      news tip.)

      From the UFO Files...

      1995: PHANTOM TRUCKERS
      ON THE PRAIRIE

      Another unusual "phantom trucker" encounter took
      place in December 1995 on the prairie in western North
      Dakota.
      Kevin and Sharon H. left their home in Bismarck, the
      capital of North Dakota, for a Christmas trip in late
      December 1995. They were headed west on Interstate Highway
      I-94. "The husband-and-wife duo was driving to visit
      Sharon's family for a week-long Christmas vacation
      outing.. Little could they have realized that this simple
      cross-country trip would turn into a life-or-death ordeal."
      "Even though it was one of those on-again, off-again,
      snow-filled Decembers, they thought they could handle the
      trip. After all, they did have a four-wheel-drive vehicle
      with snow tires."
      "What started out as a light snow turned heavy. In
      less than two hours, the snow and ice became so terrible
      that they had to pull over to the shoulder of the highway"
      near Hebron, North Dakota (population 700).
      "'It's okay, honey,' said Kevin. 'The snow will be
      over soon. Then we can start again.'"
      "But the snow and ice just wouldn't stop."
      "'It looks like it's never going to let up!'
      exclaimed Sharon."
      "'Come on, Sharon. You know it will. As soon as it
      lightens up a bit, we'll start driving again.'"
      "They waited. And waited and waited. After to close
      to a half-hour of constant (snow) bombardment, even Kevin
      began getting worried."
      "'We're going to be buried in here if we don't do
      something fast!' cried Sharon."
      "'Let's try to get back on the Interstate.'"
      "Kevin started the engine and tried to get back onto
      the road."
      "'We're stuck!' he exclaimed."
      "Getting out of the car, Kevin tried his best to
      clear snow from the wheels. But it was useless. The ice
      was unyielding. Now their car was stuck. And if it kept
      on snowing like this, they would soon be buried."
      "Pulling out their cell phone, Kevin received nothing
      but ear-crackling static. They knew they were in a
      terrible situation."
      "Immediately Kevin got out and retrieved his
      emergency equipment from the trunk (boot in
      UK--J.T.). This gear consisted of some orange (highway)
      cones, flares, an extremely warm Air Force blanket, a
      first-aid kit and some
      canned food."
      "Kevin began getting really worried. Not wanting to
      let his wife see him panic, Kevin played it cool...as cool
      as he could under such circumstances."
      "Because he didn't want to wear down the car
      batteries, he now began rationing the car's heat. It must
      have been ten (degrees) below zero (Fahrenheit) outside,
      but at least they didn't have the stabbing icy knives of
      wind to cut them."
      "Eventually their hopes of being rescued began to
      fade. Sharon suggested trying something they usually never
      did."
      "'Let's pray,' she suggested."
      "'What?'"
      "'You know, pray.'"
      "'I haven't prayed since I was a little kid in the
      first grade,' said Kevin.
      "'Well, it's probably time you started again,'
      answered his wife."
      "Kevin hesitated. He didn't think he could remember
      how. After all, he was always an in-charge, take-charge
      kind of guy. He had never thought he would have to ask God
      for anything."
      "Realizing that they were in a very bad situation, he
      finally agreed to pray as he clasped his frigid hand in his
      wife's."
      "'Dear Lord, please, please send one of your angels
      to help us,' they prayed."
      Every passing minute seemed like an hour. Kevin lost
      all track of time. In the darkness, he listened to the
      howl of the relentless prairie wind as the snow piled up
      around their car.
      "Then, Kevin opened his eyes with a start."
      "'Did you hear that?' he asked anxiously."
      "His wife opened her eyes and looked around."
      "'It's still snowing. I can't see anything.'"
      "'No! I think I hear a motor!'"
      "Quickly getting out of the car, Kevin saw a large
      green tow truck, complete with a large snow plow, slowly
      making its way toward them through the falling snow."
      It's the state highway department! he thought, We're
      saved!
      "'Right here! Hey! Over here!'" he yelled, jumping
      out into the middle of the road. In a moment, the truck
      came to a halt."
      "Two large men got out of the truck. They were
      wearing white parkas. The men's faces were obscured with
      green scarves with dark slits for eye holes. Kevin didn't
      need to do much talking because both men nodded and quickly
      got to work. Before long, the car was able to get back
      onto the
      road."
      "As they were ready to roll, Kevin turned back to
      thank the two men. Both the men and their truck had
      disappeared."
      Getting into the car, Kevin told his wife that "he
      couldn't see them because of the bad weather conditions."
      "But Sharon insisted that they had literally
      disappeared. 'I saw them flash their lights at us as if to
      say goodbye,' she remembers, 'Then, as I turned to look
      back, they were gone!'"
      As the first glimmers of dawn appeared in the east,
      the couple drove past a state highway department yard on
      their side of the highway. A big tow truck, similar to the
      one they had seen, its headlights ablaze, rolled out of the
      yard and started down the interstate highway. Seeing
      lights on
      in the office, Kevin pulled off the highway into the
      yard. He wanted to leave a thank-you note for the heroic
      two-man crew that dug out his half-buried vehicle.
      Entering the office, Kevin saw a male dispatcher at
      the radio console. "Hi," he said, "My car was stuck in
      snow a couple of hours ago. Back there around Mile Marker
      102. Couple of your boys dug us out. I wanted to thank
      them."
      The dispatcher gave him a strange look. "Mister," he
      said, "What are you talking about? There's been nobody on
      the highway all night. Why, the first plow just went out
      of here five minutes ago!" (See Christmas Angels, Globe
      Mini-Mags, Boca Raton, Florida, December 2001, "Angels in a
      Blizzard," page 38.)

      Join us next week for more UFO and Fortean news from
      around the planet Earth, brought to you by "the paper that
      goes home--UFO Roundup." See you in seven days.

      UFO ROUNDUP: Copyright 2002 by Masinaigan Productions, all
      rights reserved. Readers may post news items from UFO
      Roundup on their websites or in newsgroups provided that
      they credit the newsletter and its editor by name and list
      the date of issue in which the item first appeared.

      or use the Sighting Report Form at:

      http://ufoinfo.com/forms/form_sighting.htm

      UFOINFO: http://ufoinfo.com

      Official Archives of UFO Roundup, AUFORN Australian
      UFO Reports and Experiences, UFO + PSI Magazine, plus
      archives of Filer's Files, Oz Files, and UFO News UK.