Tonight on The History Channel ['UFO and Mars' related programming]

  • Tim Edwards
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2002
      The following programming is scheduled to air tonight (Jan 2nd) at 9:00 pm est on The
      History Channel (120 on Dish Network).

      Beginning Wednesday night, and running through Friday (Jan 4th)

      History Alive: UFOs: (Airs Wednesday-Friday, January 2nd-4th at 9pm ET/PT )

      Do UFOs exist? This three-part miniseries examines evidence from some of the most
      well-known UFO sightings to get to the truth about whether or not we are alone in the
      universe.

      * Wednesday Jan. 2nd: UFOs vs. the Government

      Looks at four reported sightings of UFOs. Includes interviews with experts who insist
      the sightings are credible, and others who offer evidence that the witnesses really
      saw something else. [TV G]

      * Thursday Jan. 3rd: UFOs: Testing the Evidence

      Looks at the possibility of alien contact through the eyes of the ufologists,
      scientists, and religious theologians, and examines cases of reported contact. Visits
      the Vatican Observatory in southern Arizona, and an ancient Hohokam observatory with
      2,000-year-old pictographs that show that early man did see something unusual in the
      skies. [TV G]

      * Friday Jan. 4th: Extraterrestrials

      Have earthlings really had close encounters with flying saucers? In this exploration
      of UFO sightings, we present the views of both believers and non-believers. [TV G]

      Also airing Wednesday night Jan 2nd at 11:00 pm est:

      * The Search for Life on Mars:

      Throughout history, our planetary next-door neighbor Mars has captured our
      imagination--from little green men to "man-made" canals and satellite photos
      revealing a giant "face". As one of the most likely spots in our solar system where
      some form of life may exist or have existed, we have spent billions on missions
      designed to disclose the red planet's tightly-held secrets. We'll trace man's journey
      of discovery of this fascinating planet, and focus on NASA's great successes and
      heartbreaking failures. [TV G]

      [This program will be repeated later in the night or the following morning for those
      who cannot catch the first broadcast].

      Regards,

      Tim

      --