World Of The Strange Newsletter 12/31/01 "Happy New Year"

  • SHnSASSY1@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 31, 2001
      **********World Of The Strange Newsletter 12/31/01*********
                                 NEW YEAR'S CARD
      <A HREF="http://ecardview.hallmark.com/hmk/Website/greeting.jsp?id=EG1134-789747-3684527">
      http://ecardview.hallmark.com/hmk/Website/greeting.jsp?id=EG1134-789747-3684527
      </A>
      World Of The Strange is currently looking for some stories, articles and
      commentaries. If you have something you would like to share please send it to
      Louise at shnsassy1@..., of course all said articles will support your
      name/email and any website unless otherwise noted. We are in need of ghost
      stories, alien/ufo/abduction stories, creature stories etc.
      Your Sponsorship Can Be Running In This Spot-For More Information
      Also We Are Always in need of your articles, stories and commentaries!
                  Contact Me At SHNSASSY1@...
                      The Reclamation Project
           by: Ruth Marie Davis   recprojectinfo@...
                http://home.earthlink.net/~rthegreat/

      Top 100 Sites
      http://www.worldwide-top100.net/cgi-bin/cgiwrap/worldwide-top100/close/topsite

      s.cgi?shnsassy1

      Top Mystery Sites
      http://millerservers.com/cgibin/mystery/topsites.cgi?brandi

      Topsite By Black Vault
      http://www.myblackvault.com/topsites/rankem.cgi?id=wots
             >>>World Of The Strange Message Board<<<
      Don't Forget To Visit a Great Message Board At World Of The Strange!
      Up to Date News, come and talk about the Paranormal with us!
      http://www.ufoxfiles.com/WorldOfTheStrange/default.asp
      CONTENTS
      #1. PBS - Scientific America Frontiers: Life's Really Big Questions: Anybody
      Out There?
      http://www.pbs.org/saf/1103/features/outthere.htm
      #2. Alien Research and Development Among Starfaring  Cultures as Exhibited in
      UFO Sightings by: James L. Choron Kommissar@...
         http://WinterSteel.homestead.com/Home.html
      #3. WOTS-Website Winner of the Month - The Lou Gentile Show
      http://www.lougentile.com/index2.html    Lou
      Gentile-lougentile@...
      #4. "Weird" New Squid Species Discovered in Deep Sea    by: Bijal P. Trivedi
      http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2001/12/1220_TVweirdsquid.html
      #5. Home Owner Claims Deceased Professor Haunts Her House  by: Tami Watson
       http://media.fastclick.net/w/click.here?gid=827&v=2.11&buster=130
      #6. Close Encounters And Personal Transformation by: Richard Boylan, Ph.D.
      drboylan@... http://www.geocities.com/drboylan
      #7. The Ultimate Long Distance Call  by: Seth Shostak
      SETI Institute
      http://www.space.com/searchforlife/seti_long_distance_011227.html
      #8. Ball Lightning Link To Human Combustion
      http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_479064.html
      (Thanks to Ananova.com for this article)
      #9. Scared To Death Isn't Just An Expression by: Joseph Brean
      jbrean@... National Post, with file from Agence France-Presse
      http://www.nationalpost.com/search/story.html?f=/stories/20011221/931884.html&
      qs=Joseph%20Brean
      ####################

      #1. PBS - Scientific America Frontiers: Life's Really Big Questions: Anybody
      Out There?
      http://www.pbs.org/saf/1103/features/outthere.htm

      In "Alien Worlds," David Latham and his colleagues at the Harvard-Smithsonian
      Center for Astrophysics use cutting-edge science to locate planets beyond our
      own solar system. Until 1995, no one had ever found an "extra-solar" planet,
      and only a handful is known today. Yet, since the 1960's, scientists have
      been listening for alien signals nonetheless.What are the chances intelligent
      life exists beyond Earth? In 1961, radio astronomer Frank Drake presented a
      means of estimating the number of technological civilizations that likely
      exist in the galaxy. The equation that bears his name is thought to be among
      the most important of the 20th Century, second only to Einstein's E=MC2.
      Drake's Equation factors together all of the assumed conditions required for
      advanced civilizations to evolve.

      Please go to the website to view more on this story.
      ####################

      #2. Alien Research and Development Among Starfaring Cultures as Exhibited in
      UFO Sightings ©2001
      by: James L. Choron Kommissar@...
      http://WinterSteel.homestead.com/Home.html

      INTRODUCTION:

      The recent sighting, and capture on videotape of an Unidentified Flying
      Object in the immediate vicinity of New York's World Trade Center, at the
      time of the 11 September Massacre should not be a surprise to anyone who
      follows such events. Still, while it should not be a surprise that there was
      a UFO in the area, it does not necessarily follow that the UFO was directly
      involved in the disaster, nor, that the occupants of the craft had any
      significant amount of advanced warning that the attack was imminent, other
      than possibly having a more sophisticated form of "early warning" system
      (whatever they have that is an equivalent to Radar or Sonar).

      For years, generations, in fact, fueled by a rapidly expanding market in
      Science Fiction, most people have "assumed" that the civilizations behind
      these craft are "far" in advance of any known Earth Civilization. This is
      simply not the case, based upon a close examination of the facts, as
      exhibited by known and verifiable sightings of Unidentified Flying Objects.
      While this is not intended to be a technical article, it will, however, point
      out some technical aspects of UFO design and construction that lend to the
      theory of an ongoing R&D (Research and Development) program among the
      Starfaring races that currently visit the Earth.

      #3. WOTS-Website Winner of the Month - The Lou Gentile Show
      http://www.lougentile.com/index2.html Lou
      Gentile-lougentile@...

      This radio Show is very well known in the East Coast but is constantly
      expanding, it reaches more than 26 million, and can be listened to online
      live on Monday, Wednesday and Thursdays nights at 10PM till 12AM (Eastern
      Time) and it's all FREE, also you can listen to their past shows in their
      Achieve section.

      The Lou Gentle Show has a free number you can call into to ask questions also
      at 888-829-8525...below is some insight on this show.

      Here at "The Lou Gentile Show," we are on a never-ending quest for truth. We
      seek answers to age-old questions that have fascinated mankind since the
      beginning of civilization -- Where do we come from? Do we have a soul? Is
      there anything more than physical reality? Can we really communicate with the
      dead?

      We may never be able to answer all of the questions that arise in our trek
      towards the ultimate understanding of reality; however, with your help, we
      are certain that we can, at the very least, obtain a glimpse of the ethereal.
      Please join us and be part of our journey! Together, we can find the truth.

      Lou strives to bring his audience the best in talk-radio, five nights a week.
      Our guest list is second to none and is on-par with other talk-radio programs
      of the same format that are nationally syndicated.

      The topics that are covered on this show are as follows:
      · - Angels, Ghosts, and other Supernatural beings
      · - Demons, Devils, and other Preternatural phenomena
      · - Exorcism and Possession
      · - Religious Mysteries (i.e. Stigmata, bleeding statues, Marian apparitions,
      etc.)
      · - Poltergeists
      · - Cults and the Occult
      · - Ancient/Lost Civilizations
      · - UFOs & Alien abductions
      · - Government cover-ups and secret societies
      · - Psychic phenomena (i.e. Telepathy, astral projection, remote viewing,
      etc.)
      · - Cryptozoology
      · - Religion and Spirituality
      . - Time Travel & The Philadelphia Experiment
      . - Normal & Violent Hauntings
      ####################

      #4. "Weird" New Squid Species Discovered in Deep Sea by: Bijal P. Trivedi
      http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2001/12/1220_TVweirdsquid.html

      Geographic Today December 20, 2001 Deep-sea submersibles have spotted and
      filmed a new type of squid in the deep waters of the Gulf of Mexico, and the
      Pacific, Atlantic, and Indian Oceans.

      "We have never seen anything like it," says cephalopod biologist Michael
      Vecchione, of the National Museum of Natural History in Washington, D.C., and
      an author of a report, "Worldwide Observations of Remarkable Deep-Sea
      Squids," that appears in the December 21 issue of the journal Science. "It
      just shows how little we know about life-forms in the deep sea."

      Underwater video from the Monterey Bay Aquarium Research Institute's remotely
      operated vehicle Tiburon showing a new species of deep-sea squid at 11,090
      feet (3,380 meters) depth. MBARI scientists encountered this 13-foot-long
      (four-meter-long) animal during geological studies off the island of Oahu in
      May 2001.

      Squid are usually characterized by eight long arms and two modified shorter
      arms called tentacles.

      The newly discovered squid has ten indistinguishable appendages which all
      appear the same length and which radiate from the main axis of the body like
      spokes on a bicycle wheel. All of the appendages have a sharp bend, like an
      elbow, from which the rest of the arm hangs straight down.

      #5. Home Owner Claims Deceased Professor Haunts Her House by: Tami Watson
      http://media.fastclick.net/w/click.here?gid=827&v=2.11&buster=130

      This house at 2115 Martingale Dr., owned by Jon and Agi Lurtz, was built in
      1981 by Sybrand Broersma, a retired OU physics professor who died on Dec. 20,
      1987.

      Sometimes even death can’t separate an individual from that which he loves.
      Such seems the case between a deceased University of Oklahoma physics
      professor and the Norman home he built in 1981. Mysterious occurrences have
      apparently forced two — maybe three — previous owners to suddenly move out
      of the home, some even leaving behind personal belongings.

      Making His Presence Known

      According to Agi Lurtz — who has lived at 2115 Martingale Dr. since 1994 —
      Sybrand Broersma continues to occupy his unique, cream-colored creation, even
      though he died in the home 15 years ago today.

      #6. Close Encounters And Personal Transformation by: Richard Boylan, Ph.D.
      drboylan@... http://www.geocities.com/drboylan

      One of the most striking things about a first encounter with an
      extraterrestrial is the intensely personal feeling, dialogue process, and
      relationship formation that goes on almost instantaneously, when the lead
      extraterrestrial of a group engages a human contactee in mind-to- mind
      communication. Often a feeling of love is experienced from the principal
      extraterrestrial. A bond, often life-long, is forged between the
      extraterrestrial and the selected human visited.

      The bonding experience that takes hold between a human Experiencer and
      his/her primary extraterrestrial contact person leads to feelings and
      behaviors that sustain the relationship. The attention to this relationship,
      and the nourishing of this relationship by both sides, ET and human, is one
      of the more touching aspects of the Extraterrestrial Contact phenomenon.

      #7. The Ultimate Long Distance Call by: Seth Shostak
      SETI Institute
      http://www.space.com/searchforlife/seti_long_distance_011227.html

      It’s one thing to search for intelligent aliens, but it’s another to
      actually talk to those we might find. This isn’t just a matter of what
      language (if any!) to use, or even how to encode the information. Encoding
      for mutual understanding is merely a daunting technical challenge. For
      example, should we broadcast messages using pulse code modulation, AM radio,
      spread-spectrum techniques, or something we don’t have a name for yet? Until
      we pick up a signal, we really haven’t a clue.

      #8. Ball Lightning Link To Human Combustion
      http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_479064.html
      (Thanks to Ananova.com for this article)

      Scientists studying ball lightning say it may be linked to spontaneous human
      combustion.

      The study includes a rare photograph taken by an Australian wildlife ranger
      who sent it to scientists after hearing of how rare the phenomenon is.

      Experts in various fields have got together to study the rare phenomenon
      usually seen during thunderstorms.

      They have put forward several theories to explain it but admit they are no
      closer to solving all its mysteries.

      #9. Scared To Death Isn't Just An Expression by: Joseph Brean
      jbrean@... National Post, with file from Agence France-Presse
      http://www.nationalpost.com/search/story.html?f=/stories/20011221/931884.html&
      qs=Joseph%20Brean

      When Charles Baskerville met the legendary Hound of the Baskervilles one dark
      night on the moors, the demonic beast's glowing fangs literally scared him to
      death.

      Almost one hundred years after Sir Arthur Conan Doyle wrote this grisly yarn,
      sociologists and mathematicians from the University of California at San
      Diego have proved he was on to something. Fear, it seems, can kill you.

      In a paper entitled The Hound of the Baskervilles Effect, in the Christmas
      issue of the British Medical Journal, Professor David Phillips argues that
      people die of fright every month. And just as Sir Conan attributed a weak
      heart to the death of poor Charles, most victims of fear die from heart
      attacks or other cardiac troubles.

      Please go to the website to view more on this story.

      http://www.ufoxfiles.com/WorldOfTheStrange/default.asp

      Sponsorship being taken for the "WOTS" Newsletter a Donation of a Book is
      ONLY the Cost! Contact me for Details!
      ~~~~~Louise A. Lowry~~~~~
      ICQ#86017775 Yahoo Messenger: SHnSASSY1
      World Of The Strange: http://www.worldofthestrange.com

      MAKE MONEY ONLINE BY CLICKING ON WEBSITES GO TO:
      http://www.nitroclicks.com/join.phtml?refered=SHNSASSY1