Re: [UFOnet] Fwd = Shostak: Fermi's Paradox III: Zookeepers, Alien Visitors, Or Simple Life

  • Roger Anderton
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 2, 2001
      No sufficiently rigorous scientific evidence of some UFOs = aliens; okay.

      These skeptical scientists want :

      > detection of flying objects by satellites or ground-based radar would
      > be required.

      Okay. So no proof that some UFOs = aliens.

      But there is evidence that "unambiguous and repeated detection of flying
      objects by satellites or ground-based radar" has not be allowed for
      researchers, reason : National Security. Conclusion is therefore: Cover Up.
      Why do these supposed "skeptical scientists" deny the existence of
      Conspiracy? It is a necessary condition for the Society we live in. Their
      attitude of mocking the Conspiracy Theorists is unfounded, and just another
      part of the Cover Up, which they are either willingly going along with, or
      unwittingly going along with.

      Fermi's Paradox is not Paradox, it merely means that we are not allowed
      access to the relevant data, to be able to provide an answer to the question
      'are aliens here?' Why call a question a Paradox, if one is merely not
      allowed to answer the question?

      Should really be called 'Fermi's Question- that we are forbidden to answer'.

      > Consider the fact that lots of people claim to have seen ghosts, and
      > will be pleased to tell you what they saw. But the case for the
      > existence of these shrouded spirits isn't what you would call
      > convincing. You don't read a lot about the parameters of ghosts in
      > scholarly journals.

      Yes, clear evidence that these journals suppress information, and hence
      provide a biased perspective; making ghosts another forbidden question.

      > Of course, there's no doubt that aliens in the neighborhood would be
      > dramatic news, and that's part of the appeal of such claims.

      Personally I think it a rather trivial discovery.

      >>. In science, speculation is desirable, but
      > experiment is definitive.

      The experiments have been suppressed as well.

      I think my article to SETI got suppressed, I'm not even allowed a debunking.
      Debunkings are reversed for people that can be easily shown to be talking
      nonsense. But its harder to debunk someone who is criticising (i.e. SETI),
      so SETI responds by ignoring. SETI does not mind criticising others, but
      does not like being criticised in return: double standards - can dish it
      out, but can't take it.