Fwd = UFO sighted on halloween night (UK)

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 11, 2001
      Original Subject: http://www.matlocktoday.co.uk/fullstory.asp?storyid=9
      Original Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2001 17:44:32 -0000

      ufo sighted on halloween night

      Winster driver 'seconds away' from photographing object.

      A NERVOUS Winster driver was just seconds away from photographing a UFO
      on Halloween.

      Derek Holmes (66) was driving home from Cromford when he spotted a
      strange bright light in the sky.

      Mr Holmes, from Lea Croft Road, said: "I thought to myself good God what
      is that.

      "I could see this very big, bright, white object.

      "At first I thought it was a car coming from the other direction, but
      then realised it was not moving."

      "I felt nervous, it was a peculiar feeling, I had read before about UFOs
      thinking there must be some simple explanation."

      The UFO was first spotted by Mr Holmes on Bonsall Moor near the Salters
      Lane junction at 10.32pm.

      As he drove nearer the light it was obviously not a road vehicle but a
      round airborn object, with curved edges.

      Slowing down, Mr Holmes searched for a safe place to stop on the narrow
      road, to capture the brilliant image on film.
      But despite having a camera in the back he was too slow.

      "The size of the light went down, it was as if someone had hit a dimmer
      switch and it went yellow," added Mr Holmes.

      "It started to move into the distance and then disappeared altogether."

      Matlock Mercury