Fwd = Book on Biggin Hill ghost sightings comes out

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2001
      Original Date: 2 Nov 2001 19:37:30 -0000

      Book on Biggin Hill ghost sightings comes out

      From: This is Local London

      Biggin Hill, October 30th: An author has written a haunting account
      of the spooks and spectres of Biggin Hill.

      Ghosts of Biggin Hill by aviation expert Bob Ogley is has just been
      released, 10 years after the release of Biggin on The Bump.

      Mr Ogley had been meaning to write the book after learning, from
      locals, about the many sightings of ghosts around Biggin Hill. But due
      to the success of Biggin on the Bump, which has never been taken out
      of print, it took 10 years to do so. It has been written with help of
      News Shopper readers following a feature, Ghost Riders in the Sky,
      published in July.

      Mr Ogley said: I have always been sceptical about ghosts but, after
      speaking to people, you start to believe it. There are so many
      accounts which are often similar.

      He felt a sense of urgency as the people who could give first-hand
      accounts were becoming scarce.

      I wanted to get the facts before the secrets were taken to the grave
      with the people who knew most.

      The book weaves the history of the airfield during the Second World
      War with eyewitness accounts from more than 20 people.

      Mr Ogley will sign copies of his book tomorrow (Thursday) in
      Waterstones, Maidstone.

      � Copyright 2001 [71]Newsquest Media Group - A Gannett Company