FWD: (Atlantic) Vreemde lichten boven de Atlantische Oceaan

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 20, 1999
      Dit stond afgelopen maandag op de Atlantic Mailing List. Ik heb Andre
      Bradao vandaag een mailtje gestuurd om te informeren of hij hierover
      nog nadere details heeft ontvangen. Heb er nog geen antwoord op gehad.

      Als er nieuws over is, komt 't hier op Ufonet!

      Groeten,
      Frits

      --[snipped]-----

      Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 03:12:28 +0100 (GMT+0100)
      From: Andre Brandao <l42303@...>
      Subject: [Atlantic] Flames at 36N41W?

      Hello

      Ive been listening to 6628 for the last 2 hours (it is now
      0300UTC) and New York ATC is requesting flights that overfly 36N41W if
      they see any kind of flames or light. All of these because one
      flight at around 0030 UTC (I was not listening at that time) reported
      a strange light closed to that location.
      At 0215UTC a CKT flight was requested to confirm it and the answer
      was something like this "There is indeed a stange light at or above sea
      level but I cannot see more because of clouds".
      At 0250 UTC a Virgin flight reported "There are no flames at
      4134N3628W".
      All these flights were requested to monitor 121.5 but no activity
      on that freq was reported.
      This position is 60 NM west of New York/Santa Maria boundary, in
      NY area.
      Any suggestions for what it might be?

      Best regards, Andre Brandao

      --[snipped]-----