5376Re: UFOnet: "early silicone implants leaked"

  • Don Bennett
    Sep 1, 2000
      To Roger Anderton;
      OK, I finally get your drift. I think I've finally figured out the source
      of misunderstanding between us. I think you advocate banning everything you
      argue against such as anything technological that ever harmed anyone or was
      present, innocent bystander or not, when someone was harmed. You think I'm
      trying to "justify" (whatever that means) the slaughter of 0.05% of the
      people who buy products that benefit humanity; benefit being defined solely
      by sales.
      When I say "So what?" I'm not being rhetorical or dismissive; I really
      want to know what are the harmful effects of silicone leakage: Is it
      painful? Unsightly? Causative of disease? What disease? Oprah on TV
      saying "Oh, how awful!" is not a disease!
      I think the most horrible thing I ever saw on TV was an eminent United
      States Government public health expert, an M.D., I believe, saying that the
      poor unschooled black STD victims who were given phony medicine so that
      science could study the course of the disease through their horrible,
      agonizing deaths, "should have been proud of their contribution to science."
      She should have been hanged with the rest of the Nazi War criminals at
      Nuremberg. At the same time, I feel that the attitude that says that every
      product defect was deliberately installed in the product to inflict harm,
      pain and death on customers in order to satisfy corporate greed is stupid.
      The famous Ford Pinto "Let 'em burn." internal corporate memo is a case in
      point. Ford measured human pain, suffering and death in terms of dollars
      because that's what the courts do. Ford was wrong and the courts were
      wrong.
      Don Bennett