22906APRIL SUN TRIMESTER: ABC News - Powerful 8.3 EarthQuake Rocks Chile

  • nathaniel x vance
    Apr 2, 2014

      Dear Group,

      The ink of my last post concerning the possibility and likelihood of an 8-9+ magnitude earthquake striking or hitting California or some other place this APRIL has hardly dried before one 8+ magnitude Earthquake has stuck in Chile!

      Are more monster 8 - 9 magnitude EQs coming or expected before this Sun Trimester ends sometime before the end of this month (April)? I bet that the answer is most likely YES, and California most likely is in the crosshairs for an absolutely surety.

      At the very least, we would be inexplicably foolish not to be at least preparing!

      Thanks

      -
      ABC News: Powerful Quake Rocks Chile

      An 8.2-magnitude earthquake strikes off Chile's coast, setting off tsunami scare as far as Hawaii

      http://abcnews.go.com/Nightline/video/powerful-quake-rocks-chile-23154448?tab=9482930&section=1206872&playlist=1887643

      -
      Powerful 8.2-magnitude earthquake off Chile kills at least 5, forces evacuations

      http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/04/02/80-magnitude-earthquake-reported-off-chilean-coast/

      -
      Chile kills at least 5, forces evacuations

      A powerful magnitude-8.2 earthquake struck in the Pacific off Chile's northern region on Tuesday, killing at least five people, causing landslides and setting off a small tsunami, leading authorities to order an evacuation.
      Interior Minister Rodrigo Penailillo attributed the five deaths to heart attacks or being crushed. In the city of Arica, the mayor reported some minor injuries and said some homes made of adobe were destroyed.
      About 300 inmates escaped from a women's prison in the city of Iquique, and officials said Chile's military was sending a planeload of special forces to guard against looting.
      The quake shook modern buildings in nearby Peru and in Bolivia's high altitude capital of La Paz.