      From: "B. Becker" <becker65201@...>
      To: <ufonet@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Tuesday, April 11, 2006 6:21 PM
      Subject: Re: [UFOnet] Moderator vacancy

      It was one posting about a beautiful part of life on this planet.

      Good grief...just let it go.

      BB

      Geoff Richardson <Geoffrich@...> wrote:
      I have been a member of this list for (at a guess) seven or maybe eight
      years and there is no doubt that the quality of postings did degenerate to
      an appalling level up to about six months ago. There were more spam and
      non-ufo postings than genuine postings about the subject of Ufology.
      Since Joe took over as moderator the list has regained its identity and
      integrity as a UFO discussion group.
      Brian Vike is also supposed to be a co-moderator with Joe and it was Brian
      who polluted the list with a non-ufo posting. How on earth can Brian
      moderate this group with integrity when he has posted non-ufo topics
      himself. Mind you, has Brian actually been involved as moderator in real
      terms?
      Without good moderation, which at times means the moderator must make hard
      decisions, any web-based discussion group is bound to become watered-down,
      lose its integrity and ultimately fail in its intentions.
      I would imagine that most of us have interests and causes that we are
      dedicated to apart from Ufology - those interests should be pursued in the
      relevant non-ufo lists - not here.
      There is no doubt that at times Joe and I have had our differences but the
      quality of the postings on this group did improve to a previously unknown
      level and quality whilst Joe was moderator.

      Every member of this group does, in fact, owe Joe a debt of gratitude.

      Geoff Richardson