18910Re: [UFOnet] [ufologyinuk] New page on UFO reports by British RAF jet fighter pilots (1990)

    Feb 17, 2006
      Hi Joe and Gary,

      Thank you for your compliments! I am glad that you like the final result.
      After we had put the first version of the Tornado web page online in
      December, we were surprised by the amount and quality of the information
      we received, especially from the UK. Then, we spent much energy in putting
      all pieces together in a, hopefully, easily understandable way, in Dutch
      and English. This extraordinary case deserves it and we intend to leave
      the page online indefinitely.

      On Fri, 17 Feb 2006 00:53:03 +0100, Joe McGonagle <joe@...> wrote:

      > It is interesting to note that I have seen no evidence that the
      > MoD were aware of the true cause of the report in spite of their
      > space surveilance facilities such as Fylingdales, yet a number of
      > civilian resources were able to achieve conclusive identification
      > with relative ease. I think this exemplifies the lack of MoD
      > interest and their impotence in relation to the topic of UFOs.

      It also contains an ingredient present in other UFO cases, IMO: witnesses
      who are considered (very) reliable, but who prove to be still subject to
      human perception limitations. Generalizing is seldom sensible in ufology,
      but in my personal experience as an investigator, perceptual issues are a
      crucial factor in a lot of UFO reports.

      Best regards,
      Frits
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic