18610Nick Pope's Column

    Nov 4, 2005
      November 2005

      Weird World
      NICK POPE

      http://www.hotgossip.co.uk/November_2005/235.cntns

      Welcome to the November 2005 round up of news and views on UFOs, alien
      abductions, crop circles, ghosts, the paranormal, the unexplained, the
      weird and the wonderful.

      Italian UFO Conference

      I have recently returned from Italy where I spoke at a UFO conference held
      at the University of Calabria. Organised by highly respected Italian
      ufologist Roberto Pinotti, the conference was an interesting mix of SETI,
      ufology and exopolitics. Accordingly, speakers ranged from Alexander
      Zaitsev and Claudio Maccone through to Monsignor Corrado Balducci and
      Michael Salla. For me, it was a nice opportunity to catch up with old
      friends such as Budd Hopkins and Roger Leir, among others.

      Threshold

      Threshold is an exciting new sci-fi show that is getting a lot of people
      talking. The lead character is a worst-case scenario planner, paid to
      think the unthinkable. When an unidentified object enters the atmosphere
      and encounters a trawler, she puts together a mixed team of experts and
      investigates. With the crew either dead or missing, and with strange
      events occurring on the mainland, time is running out. Watch out for more
      about this exciting new series, already running on CBS in America, and
      airing on Sky One in the UK, from November.

      The Real 4400

      The 4400 is another UFO-related sci-fi series still running and still
      attracting a lot of interest and comment, with its story of 4400 abductees
      who are returned to Earth with strange powers. The Real 4400 is a
      documentary I was involved in, focusing on the alien abduction mystery. It
      aired on Sky One on October 19, but is being repeated. The 4400 itself
      continues to run on the USA network in America and on Sky One in the UK.

      The Science of Aliens

      A new exhibition called The Science of Aliens has recently opened at the
      Science Museum. The exhibition covers a wide range of areas, including
      SETI and speculation as the what alien life might be like, but includes
      some material about UFOs and alien abductions. Check out
      http://www.sciencemuseum.org.uk/aliens/ for details of the exhibition. I
      took part in a debate organised as part of this event and am doing some
      other work to help promote the exhibition. This is a welcome opportunity to

      Nick Pope Interview Online

      I gave one of the most extensive and wide-ranging interviews I have given
      in recent years on the Ministry of Defence UFO Project to Astraea Magazine
      & Web Radio. This forms part of a growing archive of interviews on a wide
      range of paranormal, mysterious and esoteric subjects, ranging from UFOs
      and Freemasonry through to Jack the Ripper. Check out
      http://www.astraeamagazine.com/radio.php for details of the interviews and
      http://www.astraeamagazine.com/ for details of the magazine.

      Laughlin UFO Conference

      The 15th Annual International UFO Congress will be held in Laughlin,
      Nevada, from February 26 - March 4, 2006. This really is the biggest UFO
      conference in the world, and speakers include Jim Marrs, Dolores Cannon,
      William Hamilton, Donald Ware and many more besides. Check out
      www.ufocongress.com for the details.

      UFO Conference in Hawaii

      One of the most beautiful and exotic locations in the world will play host
      to a UFO conference next year. Organised by Michael Salla, the event will
      focus on exopolitics and will feature speakers such as Alfred Webre, Paola
      Harris and Salla himself. The conference lasts from June 9 - 11, 2006.
      Check out www.exopoliticsinstitute.org for the details.

      Ed's Note:

      Nick Pope has written four books. Open Skies, Closed Minds is an overview
      of the UFO phenomenon with the emphasis on his official Ministry of
      Defence research and investigation. The Uninvited is an overview of the
      alien abduction mystery. Operation Thunder Child and Operation Lightning
      Strike are science fiction novels about alien invasion, incorporating UFO
      and abduction data. All four titles are available from most good bookshops
      and all the usual Internet book sites.

      Nick Pope has a website, which can be accessed at www.nickpope.net

      © Knight International
      www.knight-intl.com