17876Nick Pope's Column

    Feb 1, 2005
      February 2005

      Weird World
      NICK POPE

      http://www.hotgossip.co.uk/February_2005/155.cntns

      Welcome to the February 2005 round up of news and views on UFOs, alien
      abductions, crop circles, ghosts, the paranormal, the unexplained, the
      weird and the wonderful.

      UFOs and the Freedom of Information Act

      As I predicted some time ago, information on UFOs has become one of the
      most popular subjects requested under the Freedom of Information Act,
      which came fully into force on January 1 2005. Indeed, it was one of a
      handful of subjects picked out for special mention by the National
      Archives. The National Archives marked the coming into force of the Act by
      proactively releasing a large number of government files, including
      several dealing with UFO sightings. There was extensive media coverage of
      this, including articles in The Independent and the Daily Mail. Details of
      the newly released UFO files can be found at the following link
      www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/releases/2005/ januaryfoi/list4.htm and more
      extensive UFO research can be done by accessing the main National Archives
      website at www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/ and searching the site, using a
      range of search terms such as UFO, unidentified, flying saucers, etc.

      Rendlesham Forest UFO Documents

      More UFO documents relating to the Rendlesham Forest UFO incident have
      been released, this time by Suffolk Police. Their holdings are limited and
      include some public correspondence, but also released for the first time
      is the police log of the incident. This can be viewed at the following
      link www.suffolk.police.uk/NR/rdonlyres/
      2EF34838-589D-4DA7-95F1-CA23BE34E924/ 0/unusuallights.pdf or by searching
      the Suffolk Police website www.suffolk.police.uk/ for information, using
      the keyword Rendlesham.

      Newcastle Science Festival

      I have been asked to appear at the Newcastle Science Festival, to give a
      lecture on UFOs. The festival runs from March 11-21 2005 and I will be
      appearing on Saturday March 12. I spoke last year at the Cheltenham
      Festival of Science and always welcome the opportunity to discuss the UFO
      phenomenon at a science event, as it presents an opportunity to explain
      that UFOs can and should be the study of serious study, done in line with
      proper scientific methodology. It was no coincidence that the Ministry of
      Defence UFO project has its roots in interest expressed by one of its
      Chief Scientific Advisers, the legendary radar pioneer Sir Henry Tizard.
      Details of the festival can be found at the following link
      www.newcastlesciencefestival.co.uk/ and the website will shortly be
      updated to give more details of the various presentations. If you can get
      along, I look forward to seeing you.

      Sunday Express UFO Article

      On January 30 2005 the Sunday Express ran a double page UFO feature in its
      review section. The article featured UFO researcher Philip Mantle, UFO
      witness Craig Malcolm from the Scottish UFO hotspot Bonnybridge, and James
      Millen, an abductee. There was some more general background information on
      the subject and I was quoted commenting on the British Government UFO
      project and on the Rendlesham Forest UFO case involving the twin bases at
      RAF Bentwaters and RAF Woodbridge.

      X-Conference 2005

      The second X-Conference, organised by Stephen Bassett, will be held on
      April 22-24 2005, in Washington DC. Check out
      www.paradigmclock.com/X-Conference/X-Conference.htm for details of the
      conference, and check www.paradigmclock.com/ for details of the wider UFO
      disclosure orientated work undertaken by Stephen Bassett. The details of
      the participating speakers are now firming up and include Stanton
      Friedman, Ann Druffel, Robert and Ryan Wood, Jaime Maussan, Michael Salla,
      Paola Harris, Richard Dolan and Alfred Webre. I will cover this extensive
      conference in further detail as the event approaches.

      Daniel Augusto Chiesa

      For those interested in UFOs and Egyptology, and a possible link between
      the subjects, check out www.danaug.com for details of the thoughts,
      experiences and related artwork of Daniel Augusto Chiesa.

      White Noise

      Electronic Voice Phenomenon is a way in which many believe the voices of
      the dead can be picked up and listened to. This used to be regarded as a
      fringe paranormal phenomenon, but has now attracted the attention of
      Hollywood. A movie entitled White Noise has now been released, covering
      the subject. Starring Michael Keaton, the movie tells the story of a man
      offered the opportunity to contact his dead wife. Check out
      www.whitenoisemovie.com for details.

      Andrew Lownie

      Andrew Lownie, a UK literary agent who represents a number of writers on
      the UFO phenomenon, has recently updated his new website. Check out
      www.andrewlownie.co.uk for details of Andrew and his work.

      Ed's Note:

      Nick Pope has written four books. Open Skies, Closed Minds is an overview
      of the UFO phenomenon with the emphasis on his official Ministry of
      Defence research and investigation. The Uninvited is an overview of the
      alien abduction mystery. Operation Thunder Child and Operation Lightning
      Strike are science fiction novels about alien invasion, incorporating UFO
      and abduction data. All four titles are available from most good bookshops
      and all the usual Internet book sites.

      Nick Pope has a website, which can be accessed at www.nickpope.net

      © Knight International
      www.knight-intl.com