17482Re: [UFOnet] Dr. James E. McDonald & The ETH

  • Roger Anderton
    Oct 1, 2004
      > I am a scientist working in a real lab. In fact, I am in Neurochemistry,
      working with epilepsy patients.

      Sounds like when you are talking about ufology, it might just be a subject
      outside your expertise.

      >Skeptics simply seek proof through direct evidence.

      Not so - in the philosophy movement of Skepticism, it has just become a
      mind-set of not believing evidence if it contradicts one's beliefs. The
      paragon of skeptics in the 18th C David Hume stated the credo as: "No
      testimony is sufficient to establish a miracle, unless the testimony be of
      such a kind that its falsehood would be more miraculous than the fact which
      it endeavours to establish." I suppose there is a spectrum range of
      skeptics; some skeptics being not as skeptical as other skeptics. But a
      "true" diehard skeptic is not using his brain and might as well let it fall
      out.

      Roger