14763Re: [UFOnet] Re: Fwd: [Russian UFO Crashes?]

  • Roger Anderton
    May 1, 2003
      Roger> And then they found a Martian meteorite indicating possible life,
      uwrk> This appears to have been discounted or disproved.

      Not by everyone.

      ----------
      > Roger> Hoyle + co say that viruses come from space etc.
      > uwrk>Not a generally accepted view!
      Roger> But still a possibility.
      uwrk>I doubt it; it would be very difficult to withstand extreme cold,
      UV and lack of sustanance.
      Hoyle + co do not have your doubt.
      ------------
      > uwrk>How can life of any kind arise in
      > space?
      Roger> Check what Hoyle + co say for yourself if you are interested.
      uwrk>Others have and obviously weren;t impressed.

      If some are impressed, and some are not impressed. So what. What is your
      point?
      ----------
      uwrk>True, life may have arisen on some other planetary systems
      Yes
      uwrk> but it is very unlikely to have arisen or survived on other planets in
      our
      solar system or near Sirius-the A0 star is far too short lived.

      Case not proved.
      ------------
      uwrk> My views reflect up to date scientific thinking.

      Fashion that changes, based on trying to reach conclusions from insufficient
      information.
      --------
      Roger> long before the Wright Brothers, supposed Experts were saying
      >that man would never be able to fly by heavier than air machines, they
      based
      >this reasoning upon the fact that - no one had so far been able to
      >perform the task,

      uwrk> birds fly despite being heavier than air.

      The Supposed Experts that thought man would never fly, must have overlooked
      that fact somehow. They must have been selective in what facts they would
      consider, and decided to ignore the birds and deduce from faulty premisses
      that man could never fly. It does not inspire confidence if that type of
      people always use that methodology.

      -Roger