14759Re: [UFOnet] Re: Fwd: [Russian UFO Crashes?]

  • Roger Anderton
    Apr 30 9:28 AM
      uwrk>On some planets absence can definitely be assumed e.g. Venus, where
      the temperature is broiling hot.

      Only if the tests were done properly. Can we be sure of that?
      ---------------
      uwrk>Nothing went wrong with the Viking missions to Mars in the
      seventies. Soil sample tests indicated a complete absence of organic
      material.

      And then they found a Martian meteorite indicating possible life, suggesting
      that the 70s tests were not as good as they should have been. A check proved
      to be a cock-up.

      Roger> Hoyle + co say that viruses come from space etc.

      uwrk>Not a generally accepted view!

      But still a possibility.

      uwrk>How can life of any kind arise in
      space?

      Check what Hoyle + co say for yourself if you are interested.
      ------------------
      The situation as it stands is 'we do not know' as regards life around other
      stars.

      You should not ignore some facts and select only those that you like;
      ignoring Hoyle+co means you are not presenting a "full picture".

      By doing what you doing, you start from faulty assumptions and deduce a
      faulty consequence.

      The method that you are using has been repeatedly used in the past to deduce
      faulty dogmas.
      e.g. long before the Wright Brothers, supposed Experts were saying that man
      would never be able to fly by heavier than air machines, they based this
      reasoning upon the fact that - no one had so far been able to perform the
      task, hence by their faulty logic deduced that in the future the situation
      would be the same.

      Absence of evidence (i.e. no one able so far fly) does not prove there is no
      evidence.

      In the case of the Wright Brothers, they had a hard job getting witnesses
      to their flying, because the flawed Experts all said it was impossible, and
      so were persuading people to ignore the event.

      The same faulty Expert opinion has been used repeatedly to assure people to
      ignore evidence, because of the claim that it can't possibly be.
      The Rule of Arthur C Clarke applies to these flawed Experts----- whenever an
      Expert says it is impossible, they are usually wrong!!!

      Man will never fly, because man has never done it in the past. Flawed!

      Man will never go faster than 20 mph, if a train went that fast he would
      die. Flawed!!

      Stones cannot fall from the sky, it is old wives tales. Flawed!!!

      The Atom Bomb won't work. Flawed!!!!

      Our tests for life in outer space have been faulty, but ignore that they
      were faulty, and point out that so far no evidence for life in outer space
      has been found, and then deduce it will not then be found in the future by
      other tests. Flawed again????? Some Supposed Experts never learn, that
      sometimes there just isn't the information available to reach a conclusion
      on a specific subject in which the real position is 'DON'T KNOW.'

      If you have proper evidence to advance from the present state of affairs
      then present it, and stop trying to pretend it is otherwise.

      -Roger