Re: [ufodiscussion] Shell posts biggest profit in UK corporate history

  • William Hamilton
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 2, 2006
      Hmmm,

      In the U.S. it is Exxon-Mobil that is getting attention. I helped both
      Exxon and Shell make
      these profits by purchasing their gasoline at the pump. They are swimming
      in such much
      money you would think they would now lower prices, but, as you probably
      know,
      they are rising again. Guess they don't feel wealthy enuf.

      Bill

      By Chris Isidore, CNNMoney.com senior writer
      January 30, 2006: 2:41 PM EST

      NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) - Exxon Mobil Corp. set U.S. records for annual and
      quarterly profits Monday as it easily topped fourth-quarter earnings
      forecasts.

      The nation's largest oil company reported net income in the fourth quarter
      of $10.7 billion, or $1.71 a share, compared to $8.4 billion, or $1.30 a
      share, a year earlier.

      Special Report full coverage

      Oil plunges over $2

      Religious group pushes Citgo gas boycott

      Specter: Congress to act on rising fuel prices

      OPEC says it will keep oil flowing

      Excluding items, Exxon Mobil (Research) earned $10.3 billion, or $1.65 per
      share, topping a consensus forecast of $1.44 a share from analysts surveyed
      by earnings tracker First Call. It also topped the record for quarterly
      profits it set in the third quarter, when it earned $9.9 billion.

      Shares of Exxon Mobil gained 2 percent in early-afternoon trading, helping
      to take the Dow into positive territory.

      For the year the company earned net income of $36.1 billion, or $33.9
      billion excluding special items. That's up 31 percent from the $25.9 billion
      it earned on that basis year earlier.

      Exxon Mobil's 2005 net income for the year comes to $1,146 a second. That
      per-second profit is enough to pay for gas for the average American vehicle
      to be driven 10,294 miles, at current gasoline prices.

      While oil and gasoline prices in the fourth quarter were down from the
      levels seen in September, that barely dented Exxon Mobil's top line. Revenue
      for the quarter was $99.7 billion, up from $81.9 billion in the year-earlier
      quarter, and down only 1 percent from the $100.7 billion in revenue in the
      third quarter. Full-year revenue came to $371 billion, or just over $1
      billion a day.

      The Exxon Mobil earnings statement was almost defensive about the record
      profit.

      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 2, 2006
        Yeah and they will as long as we all keep rolling over... You know in
        payroll there is a saying... When someone constantly forgets their timecard,
        you only have to not pay them once and they start remembering... It's
        amazing...