Source of Reality

  • William Hamilton
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2006
      Professor Jahn is Dean Emeritus of the School of Engineering and Applied Science. He is a Fellow of the American Physical Society and of the American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics, and has been chairman of the AIAA Electric Propulsion Technical Committee, associate editor of the AIAA Journal, and a member of the NASA Space Science and Technology Advisory Committee. He is vice President of the Society for Scientific Exploration and Chairman of the Board of the International Consciousness Research Laboratories consortium. He has been a long-term member of the Board of Directors of Hercules, Inc. and chairman of its Technology Committee, and a member and chairman of the Board of Trustees of Associated Universities, Inc. He has received the Curtis W. McGraw Research Award of the American Society of Engineering Education and an honorary Doctor of Science degree from Andrha University.

      I am impressed with his ongoing research in the Engineering Anomalies lab along with Brenda J. Dunne.

      Here is a brief on it:
      Engineering Anomalies Research
      Investigators: R.G. Jahn and B.J. Dunne
      Support: Several philanthropic organizations and individuals

      The interaction of human operators with sensitive information processing devices and systems is studied by combining appropriate engineering facilities and techniques with a selection of protocols and insights drawn from modern cognitive science. In this work, premium is placed on extraordinarily precise yet robust instrumentation, tight environmental and quality control, multiply redundant on-line data collection and processing, rapid accumulation of large data bases, and sensitive analytical measures to facilitate extraction of small systematic trends from high levels of background noise, while rejecting spurious artifacts. Under these rigorous conditions, certain aspects of these human/machine interactions are found to yield anomalous effects currently inexplicable on the basis of established physical concepts and statistical theory.

      Over its 25-year history, the program has produced immense databases generated under highly controlled laboratory conditions, indicating the existence of small but replicable and statistically significant correlations between operator intention and the output characteristics of a variety of random digital and analogue processors. Current experiments involve several microelectronic, mechanical, fluid dynamical, acoustical, and optical devices, and a complementary program of remote perception research, from which a number of technical, psychological, and environmental correlates have been identified. Complementary analytical studies and theoretical models have been developed to facilitate the extraction of the most salient correlations from the empirical data, and to help explicate the basic phenomena in fundamental terms.

      I am impressed with their book Margins of Reality and there 2004 paper on addressing the failure of contemporary scientific
      theory to correlate and explicate anomalous consciousness-related physical phenomena (like psychokinesis) that I have uploaded
      this paper to my website here:

      http://www.astrosciences.info/mysteries.html

      Just click on "Sensors, Filters, and the Source of Reality"

      Sincerely,

      Bill Hamilton
      AstroScience Research Network
      http://www.astrosciences.info/
      "Any society which does not insist upon respect for all life must necessarily decay" - A. Einstein

      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 1, 2006
        The one thing I would say in regards to their controled circumstances is
        that it may be holding them back. I say this because those times that I can
        say I exhibited psycokinetic abilities were when there was a high emotional
        issue within what was happening. I am not sure how else to phrase that. I
        wasn't in an emotional state to begin with, but what was about to happen I
        could not accept emotionally so I stopped it. Anger seems to fire it too
        sometimes. That night help their studies... ;-)