Re: [ufodiscussion] The rise and fall of Skywatch International

    It seems that Skywatch had a number of connections with the image of the Phoenix! How fitting that it should die in the Chinese Year of the Phoenix. Perhaps
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2006
      It seems that Skywatch had a number of connections with the image of the Phoenix! How fitting that it should die in the Chinese Year of the Phoenix. Perhaps its spirit will rise again in your Astrosciences Institute, Bill. But if not there, then no doubt it will rise somewhere else.

      William Hamilton <astroxplorer@...> wrote: The Rise and Fall of Skywatch International

      I had become a member and president of Skywatch International in 1997
      while living in Phoenix upon the request of (ret) Col. Steve Wilson.

      I was in agreement with Wilson's aims for Skywatch International and his
      attempts to establish an alternative to MUFON. I actually started a
      skywatch group in Phoenix at the time.

      I recorded this in my ufogate file years ago:

      Colonel (USAF Ret.) Steve Wilson entry 11/9/1996

      The Colonel, like Dan W., has a web site called "Skywatch International".

      The Colonel was reached by e-mail. He is retired after forty

      years in the Air Force. Claims he was head of Project Pounce for

      MAJI (MJ-12) that conducted alien disc crash-retrieval operations.

      Knows General Miller. Wilson is also dying of cancer. Has

      seen the subterrene in operation. Is familiar with the entire

      underground complex. Had a Magic "Q" Clearance. Published

      a report on aliens on his Web site that came from another

      Colonel with a Majic "Q" Starraker clearance. His own was

      27 levels above top secret. (Probable hoax)

      The Colonel should have actually had a "Majic" Clearance

      and not a "Magic" clearance (for civilians).

      As time went by and his claims became more preposterous,

      I labeled his background as dubious. Though he sent me a

      copy of his DD 214 service record, his serial #, last name,

      place of birth, and all signficant data had been blacked out

      and it could have been anyone's record.

      I have a list of whistleblowers I have interviewed going back

      to the 1980s and some of them, like Wilson, were questionable.

      He was to appear at our first Skywatch conference in Phoenix

      in 1997, but he was dying of cancer and we received word of

      his demise before the conference in November 1997. He was

      going to present us with "proof".

      I re-established Skywatch with two other officers who had

      become VPs. A little later, Jim Hickman became one of the

      My goal for Skywatch was to make it a pro-active organization,

      to actually form skywatch groups who would actually, you guessed it,

      "skywatch". However, that was easier planned than done and even

      though I had a number of state directors, it did not work out.

      I reorganized it so that we would have functional directors rather

      than geographical. We had a Director of Communications and a

      Director of Memberships, and other directors.

      That worked for a while and the functions grew

      and we actually composed a newsletter, a database, and other

      rudimentary instruments to aid growth, but it stalled.

      The Skyopen mailing list had, at one time, exceeded a thousand

      Then, in 2004, I was presented an opportunity which required me to

      resign my position from Skywatch. I was sent a letter indicating future

      problems that Skywatch would have, but it was written as if they were

      already happening. In fact, the mysterious letter had information in it

      that later convinced me that it could have come from the future!

      I asked Jim Hickman to take the reigns of Skywatch as he volunteered

      and had already had experience as a VP though he had left once before.

      He re-incorporated it and established the new Skywatch with a growing

      Board of Advisors, newletter, and ran an active mailing list until

      yesterday! Then he disbanded Skywatch for reasons best known to him.

      I am not going to attempt to revive Skywatch at this time as times have changed

      and we need something much more than Skywatch and that is why I

      conceived of the Astrosciences Institute (as seen on my website)

      which is my grander vision for the future. Whether that is actually

      established or not, it is an idea that I have planted in hopes of a

      brighter future for humanity despite the many challenges to our

      continued survival on this beautiful but overconsumed planet.

      This is far from a complete account of the efforts to establish a new

      organization in the world. It will not be the last such effort.

      Thanks to all who contributed to the life of Skywatch over the years.

      R.I.P. (Skywatch International, 1996 - 2006)

      Bill Hamilton
      AstroScience Research
      "I don't see the logic of rejecting data just because they seem incredible." Fred Hoyle