Jim Berkland's September Earthquake Prediction

  • Ufocci@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 31, 2004

      PREDICTIONS FOR SEPTEMBER 2004

      The Seismic Window of August 27-September 03, 2004 is based upon the Full Moon of August 29, 68 hours after the monthly perigee on August 27th, and the maximum tidal range of 7.7 feet on August 27th at the Golden Gate (13.9 ft. at Puget Sound on August 28th).

      These factors enable me to make the following predictions with 75% confidence:
      Within two-degrees (140 miles) of Mt. Diablo(about 38N; 122W), at least one quake of 3.5-6.0M;
      Within 140 miles of Los Angeles (34N; 118W) at least one quake of 3.5-6.0M.
      In the Northwestern U.S.A. and having an Oregon or Washington address, at least one quake of 3.0-5.5M.
      Globally, I expect one or more major quakes of 7.0+M. The most likely place is within the Pacific Ring of Fire, where about 80% of the strongest yearly quakes occur. It is ironic that the UCLA prediction of a SoCal quake of 6.4+M by September 5th has a nine-month window, which ends the day AFTER my own September window closes.

    • Os Wilkes
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 1, 2004
        >PREDICTIONS FOR SEPTEMBER 2004
        >

        >The Seismic Window of August 27-September 03, 2004 is based upon the Full
        >Moon of August 29, 68 hours after the monthly perigee on August 27th,
        and the
        >maximum tidal range of 7.7 feet on August 27th at the Golden Gate (13.9
        >ft. at
        >Puget Sound on August 28th).
        >
        >These factors enable me to make the following predictions with 75%
        >confidence:
        >Within two-degrees (140 miles) of Mt. Diablo(about 38N; 122W), at least one
        >quake of 3.5-6.0M;
        >Within 140 miles of Los Angeles (34N; 118W) at least one quake of 3.5-6.0M.
        >In the Northwestern U.S.A. and having an Oregon or Washington address, at
        >least one quake of 3.0-5.5M.
        >Globally, I expect one or more major quakes of 7.0+M. The most likely place
        >is within the Pacific Ring of Fire, where about 80% of the strongest yearly
        >quakes occur. It is ironic that the UCLA prediction of a SoCal quake of
        >6.4+M by
        >September 5th has a nine-month window, which ends the day AFTER my own
        >September window closes.

        Dear Friends,

        I would make these same predictions, but I would do so based on the
        area's track record.

        There are always quakes along the western coast, all the way up to the
        Aleutian Islands many of which reach 3.0 -5.0 and are fairly constant. A
        prediction that one of these will happen is destined to come true.

        <http://earthquake.usgs.gov/recenteqs/>

        As for the predicted 6.0 quake, I expect it too. It is based on
        reasonably good science, and the team of researchers which predicts it is
        historically correct. It is a horse to bet on.

        That is why I just sold my house in Los Angeles County. Of course, it
        was at the top of the market, too. One good quake like Northridge
        depresses property values for a while. So I will wait for the quake, and
        then buy up So Cal property at a discount.

        You can see how many earthquakes and what size we are having in the
        region here:

        <http://pasadena.wr.usgs.gov/recenteqs/latest.htm>

        ((( FWIW~ I believe the Government secretly set off two simultaneous
        underground atomic detonations along the San Andreas fault. I will dig
        around and look for the exact day, but I recall it was early in July.
        Each produced around a 3.0 quake, one near Mt. Shasta and one near
        Coalinga. They had been doing extremely low frequency soundings in the
        area for a week or so prior to that and continued for a little while
        after. These soundings seriously disturbed myself and my animals. This
        is my belief (from RV) but the quakes I am talking about did happen
        within seconds of one another and the sound of the explosions was heard
        where I live. I believe that the government was hoping to avert the
        actual big one, which is bad for business. A few people getting
        radiation related disease in sparsely populated areas was a better option
        than thousands being rendered homeless, destruction of infrastructure,
        and general hub bub in a high density population area. Can I prove it?
        No. I did not get my diploma from RV class because the government was
        mad at me for whistle blowing, so don't bother looking. )))

        As for 7.0 quakes in the Pacific Ring of Fire, we have already had some
        in the last five months. Nothing new there. Anybody predicting one of
        these is sure to be correct.

        This defines Pacific Ring of Fire;

        <http://www.free-definition.com/Pacific-Ring-of-Fire.html>

        This shows the earthquakes to date 7.0 and above in the area of the
        Pacific Ring of Fire:

        <http://neic.usgs.gov/neis/eq_depot/2004/2004_stats.html>

        August 27-September 03, 2004 is a very small window of opportunity
        geologically speaking. Because his prediction is based on tidal stresses
        in an area of heavy activity, it may happen he gets a 7.0 in this small
        window. But otherwise, none of the above is out of character for the
        area and pretty much occurs constantly.

        I don't know who Jim Berkland is, but like me, he seems to be a master of
        stating the obvious.

        Warmly,

        Os
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 1, 2004
          Yeah Mount Saint Helens is active and so is Rainier...

          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 3, 2004
            From:   "Jahnets" <Jahnets@...
            Date:   2004/09/01 Wed PM 11:38:47 EDT
            To:   <ufodiscussion@yahoogroups.com>
            Subject:   RE: [ufodiscussion] Jim Berkland's September Earthquake
            Prediction
            Yeah Mount Saint Helens is active and so is Rainier..

            Hi Jahnets

            I also understand that Yellowstone is bulging upward and is thought to
            be the crater of a super massive volcano. The program I saw last
            night suggested that we are due for an eruption soon. If it were to
            occur it could spell doom for almost all of us as it could quite possible
            cause a new ice age that would grip the entire world. That is after a
            quarter of the U.S. continent is seared and wiped of all life from the
            initial blast.
            Very scary stuff.
            Vern

            > From: "Jahnets" <Jahnets@...>
            > Date: 2004/09/01 Wed PM 11:38:47 EDT
            > To: <ufodiscussion@yahoogroups.com>
            > Subject: RE: [ufodiscussion] Jim Berkland's September Earthquake
            Prediction

            > Yeah Mount Saint Helens is active and so is Rainier...

            Prediction

            > PREDICTIONS FOR SEPTEMBER 2004
            >

            > The Seismic Window of August 27-September 03, 2004 is based
            upon the Full
            > Moon of August 29, 68 hours after the monthly perigee on August
            27th, and
            > the maximum tidal range of 7.7 feet on August 27th at the Golden
            Gate (13.9
            > ft. at Puget Sound on August 28th).
            >
            > These factors enable me to make the following predictions with
            75%
            > confidence:
            > Within two-degrees (140 miles) of Mt. Diablo(about 38N; 122W),
            at least
            > one quake of 3.5-6.0M;
            > Within 140 miles of Los Angeles (34N; 118W) at least one quake
            of
            > 3.5-6.0M.
            > In the Northwestern U.S.A. and having an Oregon or Washington
            address, at
            > least one quake of 3.0-5.5M.
            > Globally, I expect one or more major quakes of 7.0+M. The most
            likely
            > place is within the Pacific Ring of Fire, where about 80% of the
            strongest
            > yearly quakes occur. It is ironic that the UCLA prediction of a SoCal
            quake
            > of 6.4+M by September 5th has a nine-month window, which ends
            the day AFTER
            > my own September window closes.

            > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            Service.

          • John Smith
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 3, 2004
              Re: [ufodiscussion] Jim Berkland's September Earthquake Prediction

              There is also an acknowledged bulge near Mammoth Mountain, which is just outside Yosemite.

              It was very active seismically around the time that Mt St Helens erupted.

              Smitty

              From:        "Jahnets" <Jahnets@...>
              Date:        2004/09/01 Wed PM 11:38:47 EDT
              To:        <ufodiscussion@yahoogroups.com>
              Prediction
              Yeah Mount Saint Helens is active and so is Rainier..

              Hi Jahnets

              I also understand that Yellowstone is bulging upward and is thought to
              be the crater of a super massive volcano. The program I saw last
              night suggested that we are due for an eruption soon. If it were to
              occur it could spell doom for almost all of us as it could quite possible
              cause a new ice age that would grip the entire world. That is after a
              quarter of the U.S. continent is seared and wiped of all life from the
              initial blast.
              Very scary stuff.
              Vern

              > From: "Jahnets" <Jahnets@...>
              > Date: 2004/09/01 Wed PM 11:38:47 EDT
              > To: <ufodiscussion@yahoogroups.com>
              > Subject: RE: [ufodiscussion] Jim Berkland's September Earthquake
              Prediction

              > Yeah Mount Saint Helens is active and so is Rainier...

              Service.

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
              document.write(' <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129s9s7n8/M=296572.5305651.6444487.3001176/D=groups/S=1705082741:HM/EXP=1094317507/A=2195326/R=1/SIG=12ilpeo7v/*http://clk.atdmt.com/VON/go/yhxxxvon00700677von/direct/01/&time=1094231107766137> ');  <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129s9s7n8/M=296572.5305651.6444487.3001176/D=groups/S=1705082741:HM/EXP=1094317507/A=2195326/R=2/SIG=12ilpeo7v/*http://clk.atdmt.com/VON/go/yhxxxvon00700677von/direct/01/&time=1094231107766137>