Winston On Google.

  • John Winston
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1, 2005
      Subject: Winston On Google. Nov. 1, 2005.

      Here is something that a person said about me on
      google.com

      After getting into the web site called google.com
      type in the words John F. Winston or
      alt.fan.john-winston and you might find the following
      information.

      http://www.subgenius.com/bigfist/bulldada/X0015_WINSTON.
      html
      TITLE>JOHN WINSTON: AT HOME ON THE EDGE
      Introduction by DynaSoar
      Many citizens of I-space will recognize the name John
      Winston.
      He's been a constant amidst the machine-gun dynamics
      of the growth of the net. He presides over his own
      newsgroup, alt.fan.john-winston there to post in copious
      quantities the expoundings of many True Believers (and
      probably more than a couple people who're well beyond
      the "fringe").
      John posts nearly all submissions to him, and while he
      might comment that some particular one doesn't
      necessarily meet with his agreement, he'll still post it
      with an open mind.
      This is in fact that point that I think I'd like to
      make. John Winston provides a mouthpiece for the
      marginalized "kooks"; the channelers, the reincarnated
      Royalty of Other Star Systems, the ever-vigilant
      anti-alien-abduction warriors, all manner of net
      dwellers who'd otherwise not find a friendly ear. Not
      only does John keep an open mind (he gave one of the
      most accurate and even-handed accounts of Scientology
      I've seen to date) but he reamins entirely unflustered
      by the frequent detractors and flames.
      An open mind, an even temper and an unshakeable sense
      of fairness and duty. I start to think it's a shame that
      John's work is "wasted" on the UFO and paranormal
      community, because he's just the kind of role model that
      would serve well on so many "traditional" or
      "scientific" newsgroups. But then, they serve to
      unceasingly correct each others' minutae, not to explore
      the true unknown where the True Believers probe. It's
      the citizens of Edge City who need and deserve John
      Winston because they are the ones to suffer more
      indignities and attacks on their credibility than any
      others on the net.
      John Winston stands as proof that no matter what the
      subject matter, the words are only words, and one need
      not suffer under the attack, but may go on with their
      deeply held purpose.
      I sometimes wish that users from all over the net
      would just watch John work for a while and learn from
      him. But then the vast majority doesn't deserve John.
      They're too busy trying to be "right".
      How I wish I could be there to see the looks on their
      faces should John turn out to be right instead.
      I asked John if he'd offer a small bit about himself
      to go with this page.
      Here's what he has to say about himself:
      Greetings:
      My name is John F. Winston and I have been posting to
      the Net for quite a few years. At the present time I am
      retired and 64 years old, (JW Todays date in Nov. 1,
      2005 and I'm 73 years young). I worked as an electronic
      technician and electronics instructor. I have had some
      mystical experiences on the sides of Mt. Shasta and
      since that time I have been led to find a lot of things
      about ESP, UFOs and other strange things. I will attempt
      to answer all postive questions that are sent my way.

      John Winston.

      johnfwin@..., (JW My e-mail address has been
      changed to
      johnfw@...
      And he means it. Feel free to pass along greetings to
      his telepathic dog Yogi too. (JW My dog, "Yogi" has been
      dead for more than two years but his fan club called
      alt.pets.dogs.telepathic.yogi is still going on).
      If you need to be a "kook" to be able to maintain the
      kind of stability that John has, well then, sign me up
      for the saucers. Then again, I AM already signed up for
      the saucers, aren't I? Well then, let's just take a
      trip out to Edge City, look out towards The Beyond, and
      look back at the cramped and squabbling masses of
      "normality". You may not want to go back.
      Doktor DynaSoar Iridium
      http://www.subgenius.com/bigfist/bulldada/X0010.html
      http://www.subgenius.com/bigfist/bulldada/kooklove.
      html