Re: Skywatch Closes Group List

  • Alfie
    Message 1 of 50 , Aug 31, 2004
      Hi Regan!

      Well, you can see that I let this one slip away from me, and I have no
      excuse other
      than being blonde, I guess! ...A faux blonde at that!! :^)

      Anyway, I wrote this reply last week and didn't know if I wanted to
      add more, and
      so I saved it and I forgot it! YIKES!

      So I will offer this....my two-cents...again! :^) So please see
      below:

      --- In ufodiscussion@yahoogroups.com, "Regan Power"
      <soulsearcher_22@b...>
      wrote:
      > Alfie wrote:
      >
      > "Well...my two cents...is that this Dakota_Sunrunner is the missing
      link to this
      whole series of episodes. But my two-cents may just be three pennies
      short of a
      nickle! :^)"

      > Hi Alfie,
      >
      > It does seem possible, to me, that Dakota Sunrunner is a
      key-player in this
      game, I agree. Any ideas about what his role might be?

      > Regards,
      > Regan

      ***************

      Well, I don't know Jim Hickman at all...don't know his religious
      background or beliefs.
      But you and everybody who was on the forum at the time also know that
      Dakota_Sunrunner (Ivan White) was a new member and started right in
      about being a
      Christian. When we happened to have a few posts about Tarot Cards,
      he promptly
      popped up and said that he had used Tarot Cards for 20 years, but now
      he thinks
      they are useless and rubbish. So...a few replies from various members later, he is
      telling us that he wants
      the subject dropped...I don't know...like maybe the *subject* alone
      was going to
      bring a pox on his house!

      Anyhoo...of course it wasn't but two or three days later that Jim
      announced that there
      were *complaints* from the *paying* members about personal attacks
      and foul
      language, and that he was going to have to moderate the list.
      WELL...I know that I
      wrote Jim a personal letter, not knowing that others had too, and I
      admitted that I
      didn't know that there were paying members...blah blah blah...

      The story is familiar to most of you. At the time, I also didn't
      know that
      Dakota_Sunrunner was a new member on the Skywatch Board of Directors,
      did you?
      Well, he is now, and he is also a Moderator on the new *old* free
      list, or so I'm told.
      So, putting two and two together I feel that most of us make the
      connection between
      Dakota_Sunrunner and the new policies being implemented and also the
      banning of
      certain members of the list.

      NOW, with Vern indicating that the same Dakota_Sunrunner had quickly
      quit another
      forum because of the *dissent* that he felt was occuring on that
      list, and that he
      attributed it to some of the government-type links he had
      posted...one has to wonder
      at the REAL agenda(s) that is creeping into Skywatch, Int.?

      I have looked at Dakota's website...(which has changed since I last visited
      it and does not
      now have this *testimony* included anymore!) and it is mentioned
      THERE that he is
      a Christian but that this fact does not sway him in his beliefs about
      UFOs...because he
      thinks God certainly would put other Life on other planets
      (paraphrased). But I get a
      sense of "...he doth protest too much!" I'm sure that he wasn't the
      only Christian on
      the Skywatch site, but I don't think the subject had ever come
      up...while I was a
      member there anyway? In my mind, this topic we were discussing had
      nothing to do
      with religion at all.

      So I think it might boil down to a religious and political agenda,
      but I do not pretend
      to know what exactly this agenda is? The combination of the three
      options you gave
      do seem to have plausiblity, and the connecting link (for whatever
      REAL reason)
      seems to be Dakota_Sunrunner.

      I'm sure I have said nothing here that hasn't already been
      contemplated by many of
      you. And I'm sure that I will be receiving my two-cents from this
      list soon! Please be
      sure to stick it in an envelope and don't forget to add the 38 cent
      stamp...or a tad
      more if you reside outside of the US!! :^)

      Alfie
      P.S. Regan, have you had a chance to peruse the essay "Are Aliens
      Us?" that Vern has
      posted on Keith's website yet?
      http://www.geocities.com/kmtruth/contents.html
      If you have a chance, it might be interesting to you. I was going to
      ask you to re-post
      your comments about *demons* and your thoughts about *morality* here
      if you
      would be so kind and have time? I have the post saved if you need a
      refresher on
      what I am talking about. I think that it might help shed more light
      on the subject that
      Vern has included in his essay. This is my opinion, though, and you
      might not see
      the connection (or lack of connection in the Alien Agenda... as put
      forth) that I am
      seeing. Thanks__Alfie
    • Becky Escamilla
      Message 50 of 50 , Sep 15, 2004
        Hi Rodger,

        ...first to the group, and to Rodger, my apologies in addressing
        some of the posts from "Digest #26, August 29, 2004."

        I'm actually "barely" getting through to some of my digests, as I
        get caught up on my e-mail, and unless I'm visiting the group on the
        particular day of a certain post, I actually might and do miss
        things...

        At any rate, you may have already received an answer to your
        question, but while I don't know the reason Skywatch shut down, I do
        know that through their "free" yahoo group list, a few days ago, I
        posted there and received the daily digest, containing said post.
        Even though the list isn't posting any archives for public viewing,
        it seems that you can still post there and receive the digest. It's
        a bit tedious, when you can't simply click on "reply," but, if you
        really want to post something, it's possible.

        ...don't know how long that feature will last, but, so far, as of
        yesterday, that portion is still operable.

        - Becky

        --- In ufodiscussion@yahoogroups.com, "Rodger" <rodgero@n...> wrote:
        > Does anyone know the REAL reason why Skywatch shut down their free
        yahoo group list....I know it's now only a fee-based pay only forum,
        but why did they shut down the free group forum. Seems quite
        strange.