To the membership

  • vgambino1@cox.net
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 31 7:43 PM
      To the members of this group
      I am home!
      I have been fascinated by all that is discussed here.
      I am pleased with the interaction between group members.
      I am elated at the acceptance you have provided me.
      I am astounded at the obvious brain trust comprised in this group.
      to date I have been party to and joined over 30 different groups and
      forums that were advertised as open forums and discussion groups
      for UFOs and the paranormal.
      I believe I have read many of your comments on other sights and in
      other forums. Inevitably each and every one of us were ostracized
      and deleted for a variety of reasons.
      Many were the result of one of us revealing a truth that could not
      be answered by those in power and in control these other groups.
      We have apparently all arrived here.
      I am honored to be part of this group and will continue to utilize
      your posts to further my own research. I hope my comments are
      pertinent and as thought provoking as I find yours.
      Thanks
      Vern
    • Alfie
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 31 8:05 PM
        Vern,

        It is amazing isn't it? The intellect and insight here? That's why I say I hope some of
        it rubs off on me! :^)

        When my daughter was in high school, she was a terrific 400 meter sprinter and as a
        Freshman broke the school record (and District record) which still stands today 20
        years later. Needless to say, in all four years of high school she went to the State
        Track meet in that event as well as the 4X400 Meter relay. Every year she failed to
        place at State, although in our District she truly had no competition. In all the
        wisdom that an avid Athletic Supporter can have, I always told her that the problem
        was that if you want to get better, you NEED competition. You need to *run with the
        BEST* to improve and become more than you thought you could be. Well, the moral
        of this story is very relevant to this forum, imho!

        Alfie

        --- In ufodiscussion@yahoogroups.com, <vgambino1@c...> wrote:
        > To the members of this group
        > I am home!
        > I have been fascinated by all that is discussed here.
        > I am pleased with the interaction between group members.
        > I am elated at the acceptance you have provided me.
        > I am astounded at the obvious brain trust comprised in this group.
        > to date I have been party to and joined over 30 different groups and
        > forums that were advertised as open forums and discussion groups
        > for UFOs and the paranormal.
        > I believe I have read many of your comments on other sights and in
        > other forums. Inevitably each and every one of us were ostracized
        > and deleted for a variety of reasons.
        > Many were the result of one of us revealing a truth that could not
        > be answered by those in power and in control these other groups.
        > We have apparently all arrived here.
        > I am honored to be part of this group and will continue to utilize
        > your posts to further my own research. I hope my comments are
        > pertinent and as thought provoking as I find yours.
        > Thanks
        > Vern
      • John Smith
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 31 9:26 PM
          Alfie,

          Take some friendly advice. Say "sports fan" not "athletic supporter".

          Smitty

          On 8/31/04 8:05 PM, "Alfie" <alfie107@...> wrote:

          > Vern,
          >
          > It is amazing isn't it? The intellect and insight here? That's why I say I
          > hope some of
          > it rubs off on me! :^)
          >
          > When my daughter was in high school, she was a terrific 400 meter sprinter and
          > as a
          > Freshman broke the school record (and District record) which still stands
          > today 20
          > years later. Needless to say, in all four years of high school she went to
          > the State
          > Track meet in that event as well as the 4X400 Meter relay. Every year she
          > failed to
          > place at State, although in our District she truly had no competition. In all
          > the
          > wisdom that an avid Athletic Supporter can have, I always told her that the
          > problem
          > was that if you want to get better, you NEED competition. You need to *run
          > with the
          > BEST* to improve and become more than you thought you could be. Well, the
          > moral
          > of this story is very relevant to this forum, imho!
          >
          > Alfie

        • Alfie
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 31 9:32 PM
            --- In ufodiscussion@yahoogroups.com, John Smith <pushsmitty@y...> wrote:

            > Alfie,
            >
            > Take some friendly advice. Say "sports fan" not "athletic supporter".
            >
            > Smitty

            ha ha ha ha...I was hoping someone would *pick up on that*!! I even put that in my
            Class Reunion book in the "What do you do" column. I could think of nothing better
            at the time (that would impress all those lawyers and doctors) than being an "Athletic
            Supporter"!! LOL

            ....we are SO appreciated you know?? :^)

            Alfie
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 1, 2004
              What a nice compliment Alfie... You made my day...