Russian Researchers Claim To Have Solved Mystery Of Crop Circles

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 3, 2005

      It may explain some very simple formations, but hardly the intricate ones. This article is just plain ridiculous...

      http://mosnews.com/news/2005/08/03/cropcircles.shtml

      Photo from Newsru.Com Archive

      ---------------------------------
      Russian Researchers Claim to Have Solved Mystery of Crop Circles
      Created: 03.08.2005 15:17 MSK (GMT +3), Updated: 15:17 MSK document.write(get_ago(1123067857)); , 6 hours 26 minutes ago

      MosNews

      ');//-->

      A group of researchers in Russia claim they have solved the mystery of crop circles, the Komsomolskaya Pravda daily reports. According to them, plants bend as a result of microwave emissions caused by lightning strikes.

      The newspaper described an experiment conducted by researcher Stanislav Smirnov who placed several stalks of cereals in a microwave oven with a glass of water. He said the stalks bent in exactly the same way as those usually found at crop circles. Smirnov said he now has to find out how microwave emissions appear on fields. He has a theory that they come from underground, but cannot prove it.

      Another Russian researcher, Anatoly Arzyayev of the All-Russian Electrical Hardware Institute, said that the emissions are most likely a result of lightning strikes. He said that they got crop circles at a lawn in their institute 50 years ago when such research was unheard of.

      “Two young workers and I were testing high-voltage hardware. The cable that we used to supply the current was hanging 10 meters above the ground when suddenly it discharged an artificial lightning strike on to the lawn below. And the grass bent in even clockwise circles,” the researcher said. He added that they conducted several experiments and got crop circles of about 5 meters in diameter.

      Another argument backing up this theory is the fact that real crop circles are often accompanied by so called lichtenberg figures — narrow strips of bent grass, usually left by a lightning strike.

      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 3, 2005
        Hmmm Intricately patterned lightening strikes...I don't think so... Others
        have seen the globes drawing them now in at least two different instances
        that I know of. One in Italy were the young man took the picture with his
        new camera phone about a year ago and the other just recently were a woman
        witnessed them doing it in England.

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 3, 2005
          The Orbs or smaller shiny saucers and spheres that cause the crop circles
          probably use electro magnetis,lower powered,but focused near proximity
          microwaves.The high voltage scenario,doesn't fit with the ease and intricacy
          exhibited by the saucers ans spheres.Accuracy is more likely with low power
          using controlled beams,like shooting a hose with a narrow stream vs a fat
          blast.Jerry