Keeping Tabs On Aliens

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2005

      Click the link if you don't receive the images.

      http://www.eveningstar.co.uk/Content/spooky/asp/050728spooky.asp

      Keeping tabs on aliens

      ALIENS hover over the skies of Suffolk and Essex once every three months, according to sightings of UFOs reported to the Ministry of Defence.
      And if the reports are to believed, it seems our galactic neighbours prefer the brighter lights of Essex to our unlit pastures of Suffolk.
      Between 2002 and 2005, there were 14 reports of unidentified flying objects made to the MoD – three in Suffolk and 11 in Essex.
      But documents show differing descriptions for the mysterious sightings.
      While many report strange, silent, patterned lights in the night sky, others are a little more vivid.
      Bizarrely, the last sighting reported in the region – in Basildon in April this year – described “a spaceship with aliens (the Greys) sitting on top of it, above the bungalow”.
      And perhaps worryingly for air traffic controllers at Stansted Airport, “a ball of fire, very bright, with no colour” suddenly appeared near the Essex terminal at 10.21pm on April 11, 2003.
      Although the MoD said it does not investigate UFO reports, it added they are examined to establish whether the UK’s airspace could have been “compromised by hostile or unauthorised air activity”.
      “Unless there is a potential threat to the United Kingdom from an external source, we do not attempt to identify the precise nature of each sighting reported to us.
      “We believe that rational explanations, such as aircraft lights or natural phenomena, could be found for them if resources were diverted for this purpose, but it is not the function of the MoD to provide this kind of aerial identification service.

      THEY’RE OUT THERE: UFO-spotter Brenda Butler, above, on the hunt for another close encounter.
      “It would be an inappropriate use of defence resources if we were to do so,” a spokeswoman said. Mystery therefore surrounds three reported sightings in Suffolk in the last three years. A large silver triangle “which then changed shape” and was clouded in a pink and green haze was reportedly spotted over Woodbridge at dawn on October 23, 2002.
      Fourteen months later, what looked like an unusual aircraft with strange lights was reported above the riverside town, which is close to RAF Bentwaters and notorious for an unexplained sighting by US Air Force personnel in 1980. However, alien interest in Suffolk appears to be on the wane with the last sighting reported to MoD officials coming in March last year, when a circular formation of yellow lights flashed across the sky before fading away over Lowestoft.
      Interestingly, in Essex, most UFO spotters hang out in the south of the county where seven sightings were reported between 2002 and 2005.
      However, aliens also seem to have been yearning for a bit of history, spying on Britain’s oldest recorded town, Colchester, in October last year when a bright orange object “rapidly and randomly” dashed from east to west.
      In September 2002, three lights “in the shape of a star” were reported to have circled over the
      market town of Halstead while in January last year,
      residents in Thaxted were puzzled by a strange light in the sky that stayed there for 90 minutes, but Brenda Butler, UFO-spotter and Leiston-based author, revealed the MoD figures are only the “tip of the iceberg”.
      WIERD: An image taken by Brenda Butler in Thetford Forest.

      Mrs Butler, who regularly encounters extra terrestrials in Rendlesham Forest, said: “People are becoming blasé about seeing UFOs nowadays – they’re everywhere. We get calls all the time.”
      She said there was one UFO in particular – a giant black triangle with different coloured lights inside – that had been puzzling lorry drivers along the A12 in Essex for months recently. It was last seen heading out towards Canvey Island, she said.
      n Have you seen something spooky recently? Have you got photo evidence? Write to Spooky Suffolk, The Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich or e-mail tracey.sparling@evening star.co.uk