Antelope Valley Sighting Report - The Jumpers are back!

  • William Hamilton
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 29, 2005
      The Antelope Valley consists of northern Los Angeles County and the southeastern portion of Kern County, California. It lies north of the San Gabriel Mountains and east of the Tehachapis in the Mojave Desert and is at least 2,200 square miles (5,700 km²) in size.

      I live in Lancaster just north of Palmdale, Ca.

      Last night I was out on the patio with my wife and cat as the desert temp was droping after reaching 103-deg during the afternoon.

      I had my binoculars out so I could look at aircraft which are frequently seen in our skies. Some of these are phosphate bombers on their way to extinquish brush fires in the nearby mountains. Others are planes undergoing testing routines from AF Plant 42 and some are jets from Edwards AFB.

      I spotted a plane traveling from southeast to northwest and hoisted my binoculars to get a better look at it when I saw the "jumpers" coming out of the northwest. I have not seen these jumpers in quite a while. Jumpers are my nickname for unidentified aerial craft that strobe but have no running lights and actually jump and zig-zag across the sky, even sometimes jumping backward along their flight path. As I looked at the one on the right at one point it jumped a great distance toward the one on the left of my view, then jumped backward from its original direction, and then forward again. The strobes were bright red, a little unusual for any conventional aircraft. I had them in view for about two minutes when they suddenly disappeared at 8:38 pm PDT.

      Here is information on aircraft night lights:
      Aircraft night lighting includes the position lights (or what are sometimes placarded navigation or nav lights): left wing red, right wing green, and aft or tail position white. These position lights must be on from sunset to sunrise. An anticollision light system is also required for night (and day) operations, which may include one or more strobe and/or rotating beacons that may be colored either red or white.

      The "jumpers" had no nav lights. I believe the jumpers mimic our aircraft strobes. The contrast between the jumpers and the airplane in the same vicinity is that the airplane moved in a straight line and the jumpers never seemed to move in a straight line.

      Additional info on the Antelope Valley

      Aerospace

      Antelope Valley in spring covered by a carpet of goldfields Lasthenia californica.
      Edwards Air Force Base lies east of Rosamond, 37 miles (60 km) northeast of Palmdale. Edwards AFB's dry lakebeds are the lowest geographic elevation in the valley. Significant amounts of U. S. military flight testing is performed there, and it has been the site of many important aeronatical accomplishments, including the first flight to break the sound barrier. NASA space shuttles originally landed at Edwards because the lake beds offer a vast landing area. NASA has since built a huge landing strip at Kennedy Space Center and Edwards is the backup in case of bad weather at Cape Canaveral.

      U. S. Air Force Plant 42 in northeast Palmdale is home to Lockheed Martin, Boeing, Northrop Grumman, and BAE Systems, among other aerospace-related companies. Notable projects assembled and/or designed there include the space shuttle, B-2 Spirit bomber, F-117 Nighthawk fighter, F-35 Joint Strike Fighter, and the Lockheed L-1011 Tristar, a passenger jet aircraft.

      The newly dedicated Mojave Spaceport is also located in this region. The spaceport is famous as the base of operations for Scaled Composites, the company that designed SpaceShipOne and won the X-Prize.

      Sincerely,

      Bill Hamilton
      AstroScience Research Network
      http://www.astrosciences.info/
      "I don't see the logic of rejecting data just because they seem incredible." Fred Hoyle

    • Regan Power
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 29, 2005
        Thanks for reporting these "jumpers", Bill. How intriguing! I
        wonder what their means of propulsion might be. The erratic behaviour that
        you described suggested quantum tunnelling (ie. instantaneous jumps into and
        out of hyperspace) to me. I was aware that NASA, at least, was researching
        that possibility, but I foresaw some huge problems with it which I thought
        would keep them occupied for another fifty years at least. Perhaps someone
        has cracked them all, though.

        Regan
        _____

        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 29, 2005
          Regan,

          I started seeing these jumpers in the early 90s. They are not like
          conventional aircraft and yet even not like the usual UFOs.

          Bill
          > Thanks for reporting these "jumpers", Bill. How intriguing! I
          > wonder what their means of propulsion might be. The erratic behaviour
          > that
          > you described suggested quantum tunnelling (ie. instantaneous jumps into
          > and
          > out of hyperspace) to me. I was aware that NASA, at least, was
          > researching
          > that possibility, but I foresaw some huge problems with it which I thought
          > would keep them occupied for another fifty years at least. Perhaps
          > someone
          > has cracked them all, though.
          >
          > Regan
          > _____

        • Regan Power
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 29, 2005
            Have you seen any in daylight, Bill, and got a good look at them?
            If they're ours and they've been around since the early '90s, then the boys
            in Black Ops must be further advanced than I had thought. Even so, I can
            imagine they may be experimental craft that are still under development.
            But if they belong to visitors, I do not know what their purpose might be.

            Regan
            _____

            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 30, 2005
              If they were ours or a test of a new aircraft wouldn't they still be
              obligated to have the nav lights?

              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 30, 2005
                Message 7 of 9 , Jul 30, 2005
                  Regan,

                  I saw one in twilight skies and it appeared to be a small black triangular
                  object,
                  or more properly, a deltoid, that literally "jimped" from position to
                  position.
                  It seems there were too many one night to be black ops, but who knows?

                  Bill
                  > Have you seen any in daylight, Bill, and got a good look at them?
                  > If they're ours and they've been around since the early '90s, then the
                  > boys
                  > in Black Ops must be further advanced than I had thought. Even so, I can
                  > imagine they may be experimental craft that are still under development.
                  > But if they belong to visitors, I do not know what their purpose might be.
                  >
                  > Regan
                  > _____

                • Regan Power
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jul 31, 2005
                    Thanks for this further data, Bill. What intrigues me about the
                    jumpers is not just their jumping, but their jumping backwards too! Why
                    would they need to do that, I wonder? If the craft are 'ours', then I
                    suppose they might need to do it for training purposes, but I cannot think
                    of any operational reasons. In that case, it would appear from what you
                    just said, that the Shadow Government already has a sizeable fleet of these
                    vehicles - a growing 'Space Force', in fact.

                    On the other hand, though, if they are visitors' craft, I can see
                    that they might need to jump about erratically in order to avoid presenting
                    earth-defences with sitting-duck targets to lock their weapons onto. But,
                    again, in view of your statement about seeing a lot of them one night, it
                    would seem to suggest that the visitors are here in large numbers and that
                    whatever they are doing is a big operation which does not entail engaging
                    the US air-defence systems. Hmnn. Curiouser and curiouser.......

                    Regan
                    _____

                    > Have you seen any in daylight, Bill, and got a good look at them?
                    > If they're ours and they've been around since the early '90s, then the
                    > boys
                    > in Black Ops must be further advanced than I had thought. Even so, I can
                    > imagine they may be experimental craft that are still under development.
                    > But if they belong to visitors, I do not know what their purpose might be.
                    >
                    > Regan
                    > _____

                  • William Hamilton
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jul 31, 2005
                      Regan,

                      It is a strange way to move across the sky and doesn't
                      look like it is an efficient way to get to one's destination.
                      However, if one wanted to take an unpredictable path
                      of movement, then this one works well. It is all
                      very strange and I have just as many questions as you.
                      As usual, short on answers, long on questions.

                      Bill