Re: [ufodiscussion] The 'U.S. Space Command'?

  • Regan Power
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 26, 2005
      I guess we''ll probably never know the truth about these
      allegations, Dex, but I think the very possibility of their being true gives
      pause for thought. When the secret military are in control of things, as
      they are in the USA and the entire western world now, anything could be true
      and anything could happen. It seems to me that this is the most important
      consequence of living under a totalitarian cryptocracy: the reality we must
      live in is whatever our invisible masters deem it should be and the truth
      becomes a taboo subject that is banned from all polite social discourse.

      Why shouldn't the get-ahead USA have acquired its own Space Force
      and its own arsenal of military deep-space stations already, no doubt using
      Tesla-style technology that is far in advance of anything that's commonplace
      on struggling, divided, conflict-ridden old earth? The will to global
      dominance has been driving American government policy since the end of World
      War I. Now it is doing its darnedest to procure World War III and beyond
      that, the American military visionaries have already conceived of fighting,
      and winning a space war against perceived-to-be-hostile aliens. "Star Wars"
      was conceived and committed to by America back in the 1980s. Are we to
      believe that the US military just sat around since then, idly dreaming of
      the future while experimenting with wacky "exotic" technologies in the
      laboratory but never actually deploying any of them? That is not the
      typical behaviour of would-be world conquerors, which military-minded
      Americans have shown themselves to be all too intent on becoming. No, I
      think the chances are that this hacker's discoveries are just a snowflake on
      the tip of an enormous iceberg. And they won't be using rockets in space
      either, if they want military parity with ETs.

      Regan
      _____