Re: [ufodiscussion] War of the Worlds....de-emphasis on Mars in the Movie

  • Jerry Lehane III
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 11, 2005
      Maybe I missed the references to Mars in the Spielberg "War of the Worlds".I
      know the book and earlier movie and 1938 radio broadcast emphasized that
      Mars was invading Earth.In real life this is the opposite of what is most
      likely to happen.If you can imagine the worst case scenario,the US military
      keeps NEWS of actual LIFE on MARS top secret,so that they can get there
      first to set up military bases.Let's say that people like us and unlike us
      already have been living on Mars for MILLIONS of years.Mars total population
      suffered MANY large die-outs due to collisions blowing away the planet's
      atmosphere and reducing the surface to barely life-sustaining status.Imagine
      that food is scarce on the surface,but underground,away from gene-damaging
      solar radiation,life in abundance holds on,and just keeps holding on.
      The Life on Mars right now may be waking up to the fact that these rovers
      come from Earth and Earth builds machines which look strange and move
      slowly.They can't see US,but we can see them.Well,some of us can see
      them.They can't understand right now that in the next few decades will come
      more rovers,more probes,more sats in their sky,then finally first contact.
      This may be a footnote in Universal history of another example of upcoming
      inevitable first contact.If there are OVERSEERS,then they will hopefully
      step in if foul play is exhibited by OUR military.I don't really anticipate
      our germs wiping Martians out or their germs wiping out our
      astronauts,though it's possible.I do anticipate some sort of Mars sickness
      due to atmospheric differences. I also anticipate that some
      astronauts may react with violence when some species of Mars animals
      approach them,similar to our wild desert animals.If you see what many of the
      animals look like,they would scare you at first until becoming accustomed to
      the odd way they move and perch up like cobras,though their demeanor more
      closely resembles groups of MEREKATS. I cannot report much more
      on the PEOPLE of Mars ,other than they wear clothes and the kids are usually
      accompanied by adults.Jerry Lehane III j.lehane@...