Deep Impact.Another Point of View

  • William Hamilton
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 7, 2005
      Comment: I have been noting Professor James McCanney's model of a comet and Van Flandern's which is in agreement that comets are not Fred Whipple's dirty snowballs, but indistinquishable from asteroids. Mainstream scientists are very slow to acknowledge observational or experimental data that contradicts their prevailing view.

      McCanney says,
      " The conclusion is clear ... the silence from NASA is deafening .... comets are not dirty snowballs and now everyone knows it ... the "Plasma Discharge Comet Model" explains the many results ... for example view the secondary explosion that was clearly visible and appears to be caused as a plasma discharge from the sunward side (an electron beam) connects to and ignites the rising dust plume

      Deep Impact.Another Point of View
      by Mitch Battros - ECTV

      No one disagrees the NASA/JPL/Ball "Deep Impact" mission was a grand success. For all of us watching in almost 'real time', we could clearly see this was more than just impressive, it was quite the surprise.

      The most profound surprise was the "flash". The hyper-speed demise of NASA's Deep Impact probe generated an immense flash of light, which provided an excellent light source for the two cameras on the Deep Impact mothership. Deep Impact scientists theorize the 820-pound impactor vaporized deep below the comet's surface when the two collided at 1:52 am July 4, at a speed of about 10 kilometers per second (6.3 miles per second or 23,000 miles per hour).

      The flash created by the impact was just one of the visual surprises that confronted the Deep Impact team. Preliminary assessment of the images and data downlinked from the flyby spacecraft have provided an amazing glimpse into the life of a comet.

      "They say a picture can speak a thousand words," said Deep Impact Project Manager Rick Grammier of NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Pasadena, Calif. "But when you take a look at some of the ones we captured in the early morning hours of July 4, 2005 I think you can write a whole encyclopedia."

      But hold everything...

      Under what letter in the encyclopedia would you look? Would it be C for comet, or A for asteroid? Not everyone is convinced comets are unique bolides with a fundamentally different compound than asteroids.

      Let's take a closer look:

      Asteroid 'Eros': http://www.earthchangestv.net/images/asteroid_eros.jpg

      Comet 'Temple 1': http://www.earthchangestv.net/images/comet_temple1.jpg

      Before you answer this question, let me point out that NASA/JPL/Ball has yet to release information regarding ejecta. The science team tells us this is to be determined by Deep Impact's "spectrometer". And guess who is in charge of this? It is Lucy McFadden, the very Lucy I had on the show last week. (go to our 'Recent Audio Files' to hear our interview.) So to this very moment, not one official has come forward to tell us (or name) the material which was picked up by varying instruments.

      Dr. Tom Van Flandern, Astronomer (former Chief of Celestial Mechanics US Naval Observatory) has been on record for at least the 8 years I have known him. Dr. Van Flandern has always believed "comets" are no different than "asteroid". In fact, he often describes comets as "an asteroid with a coma around it". Tom has hypothesized both asteroid and comets were created by planets colliding. He has written and submitted many detailed studies for peer-reviews. He describes it as The Exploded Planet Hypothesis.

      Dr. Van Flandern states the following: "The hypothesis of the explosion of a number of planets and moons of our solar system during its 4.6-billion-year history is in excellent accord with all known observational constraints, even without adjustable parameters. Many of its boldest predictions have been fulfilled. In most instances, these predictions were judged highly unlikely by the several standard models the eph would replace. And in several cases, the entire model was at risk to be falsified if the prediction failed."

      So let's just see what lies ahead. This could be the most profound discovery in the last 100 years. It would destroy most current scientific theories, and open the door for instant studies on "Chaos Theory", and a profound complement to several ancient text documents. Yes indeed.our world is changing quite rapidly, but you knew that already, didn't you?

      Earth Changes TV - Radio Hour

      Every Tuesday and Thursday from 9 PM to 10 PM (Pacific). Go to the ECTV home page and click on "Listen Live" which sits at the top right of the page.

      Thursday July 7th - Dr. Tom Van Flandern - Tom received his Ph.D. degree in Astronomy, specializing in celestial mechanics, from Yale University in 1969. He spent 20 years at the U.S. Naval Observatory, where he became the Chief of the Celestial Mechanics Branch. In 1991, Tom formed a Washington, DC-based organization, Meta Research, to foster research into ideas not otherwise supported solely because they conflict with mainstream theories in Astronomy.

      Website: http://www.metaresearch.org

      "Solar Rain": http://earthchangestv.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=28

      Subscribe To ECTV For Full Access: http://www.earthchangestv.com/subscribe.php

      Receive Free ECTV Newsletter: http://www.earthchangestv.com/newsletter.php