Milk Hill, Nr. Stanton St. Bernard, Wiltshire Formation

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2005
      Dear Friends,

      Click the link if you don't receive the images.

      http://www.cropcircleconnector.com/2005/milhill2005a/milkhill2005a.html

      Milk Hill, Nr Stanton St Bernard, Wiltshire. Reported 29th May.
      Map Ref: SU09616311
      Updated Tuesday 31st May 2005

      The Wiltshire Microlight Centre
      ---------------------------------

      ---------------------------------

      Images CCC Copyright 2005

      This controversial shape appeared, completely separate to designs that we are used to seeing at this time of year. Its meaning is open to many interpretations it would seem. Ranging from the humorous to the ridiculous. In our view this particular event has to be treated differently to our usual reports we bring you at this stage.

      Although we covered the event on the ground thoroughly, we reserve judgement at this stage. We are aware this might cause differences with our readers, but until we feel happier with the situation, it will remain as images only.

      Image Steve Alexander Copyright 2005

      Images Nick Nicholson / The Crop Circle Connector Copyright 2005

      Well here it is in all its inartistic glory more a part of an architectural drawing than a pattern to sit comfortably in/on the landscape. More of a picture than a pictogram I cannot get my head around the origin of this motif, it seems so weird, it takes all sorts. Spread over two and a half tractor lines it is quite a bit of flattened crop. One tractor line is used as the baseline for this pattern, which is a rectangle with a part circle added or blended on to one side of the rectangle. The laid crop is divided by a Y shape of standing crop, with the y base on the baseline and the two branches attached to the the part circle. I believe the crop is immature wheat, not an inspiration. More a blot on the landscape.

      Nick Nicholson

      Click on thumbnails to enlarge

      Digital Images CCC Copyright 2005

      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 1, 2005
        Well for anyone that sews it looks like a piece of fabric that could be made
        into a short sleeve... so maybe the arm of a larger vessel?