RE: [ufodiscussion] Linda Howe again promotes a UFO hoaxer

    Message 1 of 5 , May 29 10:57 AM
      I have an obsevation I have noticed. Everytime something great happens it
      seems to me that a lot of UFO investigators turn on each other seemingly in
      an attempt to get attention deserved them. What then happens is that where
      we should be focusing our energy doesn't get it, and the situation then
      falls apart. It seems to me we should all be working towards the same thing
      and that doesn't include attacking one another because someone gets
      attention you think you should have gotten. Point we should be trying to get
      the UFO's to be front page and sticking together not fighting amongst us for
      who get the coverage...Divide and conquer...Are you going to let them?

      From: A. J. Gevaerd - Revista UFO <gevaerd@...>
      To: UFO UpDates - Toronto <ufoupdates@...>
      Date: Sat, 28 May 2005 09:00:21 -0300
      Subject: Linda Howe Again Promotes A UFO Hoaxer

      It is absolutely amazing!

      Linda Howe again promotes a UFO hoaxer who wants to benefit from
      someone else's hard work...

      All Urandir Fernandes de Oliveira and his partner did was take
      photos and films and make sure that they would appear in photos
      and films made by the members of the Committee and the press, in
      a incredible effort to have their faces on the program
      Fantastico for an interview, an interview in which Urandir
      Fernandes de Oliveira refers to Linda Moulton Howe. The
      Fantastico program is the very same which, a few years ago,
      exposed Urandir Fernandes de Oliveira's hoaxes and his prison
      under the accusation of having sold 6,000 pieces of land that
      did not belong to him.

      Linda Moulton Howe presented Urandir Fernandes de Oliveira to
      her readers as if he was some kind of spokesman of the campaign
      promoted by the Brazilian UFO researchers, and as if he had
      played some role in helping the Brazilian UFO researchers to
      achieve this historical event. Instead of helping in any way,
      Urandir Fernandes de Oliveira only criticized the campaign in
      the previous months before it reached its goal of gaining the
      cooperation of the Brazilian military. Urandir Fernandes de
      Oliveira helped with absolutely nothing. And Linda Moulton Howe
      presents him as a person who played an important role in the
      process. This is a shame and is insulting to those actually
      responsible for the success of this very important campaign.

      I think that I don't have to remind the members of the
      international UFO community that a few years ago Linda Moulton
      Howe visited Urandir Fernandes de Oliveira's farm in Brazil
      after Urandir Fernandes de Oliveira's paid for Linda Moulton
      Howe's trip. She was delighted to listen to his fantasy tales of
      abductions and contacts with aliens. Urandir Fernandes de
      Oliveira's claims are largely known delusions or hoaxes. She
      listened to no Brazilian UFO researchers, she spoke with no
      members of the press or Brazilian UFO community, she did not
      contact any of a number of people who could describe to her how
      Urandir Fernandes de Oliveira fakes UFO sightings.

      Instead, Linda Moulton Howe promoted Urandir Fernandes de
      Oliveira's absurd tales in the USA, especially the hoax in which
      he was supposedly abducted by aliens and tried to convince
      people of his story with some burned bed sheets and small burns
      to the ceiling of a room, through which he was allegedly taken
      to a mothership and encountered 39 aliens races, including Jesus
      Christ. That hoax is well known to the entire Brazilian UFO
      Community, which completely reject his UFO-sect Projeto Portal
      (Gateway Project), created during the same time the Heaven´s
      Gate was created outside San Diego.

      As the head of the Brazilian Committee of UFO Researchers (CBU),
      the group who initiated this campaign for the freedom of
      information, in the name of all the other members of such
      Committee and being the person who was contacted by the
      Brazilian military and invited by them for this very important
      meeting in Brasilia, I cannot stand for anymore of Linda Moulton
      Howe's unreliable journalism and will not allow it or any other
      half truths or omissions to destroy or discredit this critical
      freedom of information campaign.

      The truth must prevail here at this very important and
      historical UFO cooperative effort. The international UFO
      community must move forward and we all must realize that there
      is no more room for lies, distortions, and opportunists who do
      nothing and criticize the ones who do.

      A. J. Gevaerd,

      Editor, Brazilian UFO Magazine

      Head, Brazilian Committee of UFO Researchers (CBU)

      www.ufo.com.br

      --------

    • A. J. Gevaerd (Revista UFO)
      Message 2 of 5 , May 30 3:13 AM
        Bill, lots have been said about this Brazilian hoaxer. Lots have been published. The man spent time in jail. Etc etc etc. I have known his hoaxes and exposed them openly for 10 years, untill December 23, 2004, when I gave up. I was tired of exposing the same things and get in return threats to me and my family, as well as absurd defamations, so I quit. However, it has been broadly proven that the man is as real as a 3 Dollar bill. I can guarantee you that in Brazil there is no one single UFO researcher that would believe in 0,1% that the man has been saying or producing. The evidences of his many fantasy tales and open lies are all over, specially in the back account of thousand of people who have been deceived. What would someone think of a man who says that he has been abducted to be taken to a cosmic meeting in a mothership in Andromeada as the only person of Earth selected to represent it on gathering with other 39 universal races representatives, includind Jesus Chris himself ??? Well, LMH believed in that BS...

        Take care, A. J.

        Message 3 of 5 , May 30 3:17 AM
          Jahnets:

          Exactly because what you point out in your message that I have written a message to Victor Martinez, in the USA, to be broadly forwarded. Please, read it. Specially the last part, that I outline with ***.

          A. J.

          _________________

          Dear Victor and David:

          Thank you both so very much for helping us to stress out all Brazilian UFO Community's indignation for a repeated mistake in Linda Moulton Howe's journalism. For you, Victor, thanks for taking our voices far away to so many North-American and Overseas colleagues. And for you, David, thanks for making such a perfect analysis of the situation.

          Indeed, everyone has to admit that LMH has done a great job in the past in the fields of animal mutilation and crop circles (even though some circles researchers strongly disagree). But she evidently lost her track and sunk her boat when, a few years ago, she started a disastrous and sad campaign of promoting the biggest Brazilian UFO hoaxer of all times. And her sad campaign restarts now with a new support of the same man and his new fabrications.

          I am very glad that most of you, North-American and Overseas colleagues, can see the truth that is being presented to you, and that the Brazilian UFO Community has gained your support. Many thanks to you all. I speak in the name of all members of the Brazilian Committee of UFO Researchers (CBU), that launched and conducted the freedom of information campaign under much sacrifice, when I thank you.

          This is at same time a great and a sad moment not only for the Brazilian Ufology, but to the World Wide UFO Community. We should be celebrating that another country has its name in the so very short list of nations that acknowledge how serious and urgent is the UFO Phenomena. This wasn't a moment for deceits and distortions, like the ones taken place at Earthfiles.com.

          *** My strongest concern, which is the same of many colleagues down here in Brazil, who also worked hard to get to this historical achievement, is that distorted news produced and spread in other countries about the Brazilian UFO disclosure, such the one produced by LMH, along with fake news spread in Brazil by her friend, may eventually reach some of our military's ears and cause them to interrupt the process of disclosure just initiated. That will be a great loss for everyone. ***

          Please, Victor, pass on this message to all your contacts and lists, for which I thank you once again.

          A. J. Gevaerd

          Message 4 of 5 , May 30 11:25 AM
            Then stop being a part of it AJ... Our focus should be on getting UFO's down
            here. We all know TPTB have held back info for years, that's on them and I
            dare say I think your government has finally realized this and doesn't want
            to be in that position with their people. You didn't invite him, he wasn't
            part of your group. If they listen to him, you can point out that he isn't
            part of your group and why are they listening to him? Otherwise you guys
            should be keeping the focus and energy directed at the goal, not the
            obstacles to those goals. Understand? Don't give away your energy...It isn't
            just you or your group, I see this constantly. I've even seen articles about
            how UFO Investigators turn on each other. This is stopping us from attaining
            our goals as then we are wasting time and energy and focus on obstacles...