Psi-Spy Spook World: "Mind-Reach:Scientists Look at Psychic Abilities"

  • Bre
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2005
> [...]
      >>
      >>It's ALL here, TOLD FIRSTHAND by the authors of this book as events
      >>unfolded in modern circumstances during a new look at an ageless
      >>phenomenon.
      >>
      >>Despite the ambiguities inherent in the type of exploration carried out
      >>in our program and described in detail in this book, the integrated
      >>results attest to unequivocal evidence of A HUMAN CAPACITY TO ACCESS
      >>EVENTS remote in space and time, however falteringly, BY SOME COGNITIVE
      >>PROCESS NOT YET UNDERSTOOD. This leaves us with the conviction that
      >>this fact must be taken into account in any attempt to develop an
      >>unbiased picture of the structure of reality.
      >>
      >>Perhaps one of the most encouraging statements ever made to us occurred
      >>at the conclusion of A HIGHLY CLASSIFIED BRIEFING we gave to a
      >>congressional intelligence committee. We were approached afterwards
      >>by one of the congressmen who said: "Although I see why we must PURSUE
      >>THIS AS A MATTER OF NATIONAL SECURITY, what is truly most significant
      >>about these studies is what they tell us about the human potential."
      >>?
      >>

      >>Harold E. Puthoff, Ph.D., Quantum Physicist
      >>Institute for Advanced Studies at Austin
      >>4030 W Braker Lane #300
      >>Austin, Texas 78759-5333-30
      >>www.earthtech.org/
      >>November 2004
      >>

      >>[1] R. Targ and H. E. Puthoff, "Information Transmission under
      >>Conditions of Sensory Shielding," Nature, vol. 252, pp. 602-607 (October
      >>18, 1974).
      >>
      >>[2] H. E. Puthoff and R. Targ, "Perceptual Channel for Information
      >>Transfer over Kilometer Distances: Historical Perspective and Recent
      >>Research,"? Proc. IEEE, vol. 64, pp. 329-354 (March 1976).
      >>
      >>[3] R. G. Jahn, "The Persistent Paradox of Psychic Phenomena: An
      >>Engineering Perspective," Proc. IEEE, vol. 70, pp. 136-170 (1982).
      >>See also R. G. Jahn and B. J. Dunne, Margins of Reality (Harcourt, Brace
      >>and Jovanovich, New York, 1987).
      >>
      >>[4] K. A. Kress, "Parapsychology in Intelligence: A Personal Review and
      >>Conclusions," Studies in Intelligence, CIA (Winter, 1977).
      >>(Declassified, 1996.)
      >>
      >>[5] Ibid.
      >>
      >>[6] Cdr. L. R. Bremseth, USN, "Unconventional Human Intelligence
      >>Support: Transcendent and Asymmetric Warfare Implications of Remote
      >>Viewing,"? Marine Corps War College, Quantico, VA (2001).
      >>
      >>[7] See, e.g., vol. 10, No. 1, of the Journal of Scientific Exploration,
      >>1996.
      >>
      >>[8] Mind at Large, ed. C. Tart, H. E. Puthoff and R. Targ, (Hampton
      >>Roads Publ. Co., Charlottesville, VA, 2002).
      >>
      >>[9] One reviewer of our IEEE paper (Ref. 2) was reported to have said:
      >>"This is the kind of thing that I would not believe in, even if it
      >>existed!"? Before the paper was accepted for publication, the
      >>Editor, Robert W. Lucky, had us make a presentation to the engineering
      >>staff of Bell Laboratories to gauge reaction,... it was positive!

    • Bill Hamilton
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 2, 2005
        Hal said that this was just a revised edition of their old book.

        Bill Hamilton
        AstroScience Research Network
        http://www.astrosciences.info/
        "I don't see the logic of rejecting data just because they seem incredible." Fred Hoyle

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 2, 2005
          Hi Bill,
          This revised edition has a section devoted to the CIA's role in Remote
          Viewing, which is data
          not previously available to the public.
          Bre.

          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 3, 2005
            I think some of the government documents on remote viewing are now included
            since recently being released.

            See: http://www.parascope.com/ds/articles/CIAparapsychology.htm